Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
LOL, out come the verses...
Stephen, I have no problem with your views on the topic, only your manner of delivery. As I said my friend, you can go ahead and knock yourself out claiming another believer here is "obsessed" or "blinded" or "ignorant," until the cows come home or the moderator stops it. Personally, I think she has a right to her opinion without having you make judgment calls about her personal character or brow beating her for it. I'm only suggesting we speak the truth in love to each other on these forums brother.
I have not qualms with doing things in love. It's just that I've noticed a pattern with aussiemamma that I think needs to stop. If she wants to discuss something, then fine. But these hit and run messages of hers are not healthy contributions to these discussions.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-25-2008, 10:52 AM
aussiemama

So now I post and run just because I don't sit on my butt on the computer all day? I'm a young mom...with a toddler and an infant and I don't have time to sit here all day every day to keep posting. Doesn't make me a bad person.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
So now I post and run just because I don't sit on my butt on the computer all day? I'm a young mom...with a toddler and an infant and I don't have time to sit here all day every day to keep posting. Doesn't make me a bad person.
Sister, no one has said you are a bad person.

If you have an opinion, and state that it's due to something you read in the Bible, we'd like a book, chapter and verse. Why? Because we base our beliefs on God's word, the Bible. We don't base our beliefs on what man teaches, but what God instructs.

And there's nothing wrong with supplying verses/Scripture, either, Brother Parrish. In fact, it's appreciated.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Bro. Parrish

Here Am I,
sorry I am not aware of any Bible verses that would make me think it's appropriate to call another believer on this forum "obsessed" or "blinded" or "ignorant," or "retarded." All of those personal judgments have been voiced on this thread about another member or her views, not about the topic. The most recent post actually goes well beyond the topic and concerns the discussion of "a pattern with aussiemamma that I think needs to stop." No wonder she feels like she is being considered a bad person. As I told Stephen, he is certainly free to do this, but it won't keep me from being saddened at how quickly some of us will pull out Bible verses to excuse such behavior. My position remains: I suggest we speak the truth in love to each other on these forums.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-25-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I have not qualms with doing things in love. It's just that I've noticed a pattern with aussiemamma that I think needs to stop. If she wants to discuss something, then fine. But these hit and run messages of hers are not healthy contributions to these discussions.
Beloved brother, Aussiemama is making great strides in her relationship with the Lord. When I first "met" her, she was not exactly Miss Congeniality. She still isn't: but who cares? I can be a crank and a grouch and a zoom dweemie myself - - - but I usually get away with it because I'm a man. Anyway, although I don't agree with her position in this thread, she has a right to it: apart from Christian liberty, she is something that you and I will never be: a mother.

As for her posting "style," it is what it is, and she's already explained it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiemama
LOL! Will you calm down? I'm trying to be your Noble Defender here! I know it's a self-appointed position, but don't take it away from me!

Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 PM

Bro. Parrish, one thing: I never called anyone retarded. I stated that someone that would attribute an abortion to save the life of the mother to a lack of faith would be doing something retarded. No one on here, to the best of my recollection (I might be wrong here) stated that, though it's possible.

There's a difference between calling a belief "retarded" and calling a person that. (Also, it would be appreciated if you could state that you emphasized a part of a quote; I didn't caps "retarded" in my original post but you made it look as if I had.)
Old 11-25-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Here Am I,
sorry I am not aware of any Bible verses that would make me think it's appropriate to call another believer on this forum "obsessed" or "blinded" or "ignorant," or "retarded." All of those personal judgments have been voiced on this thread about another member or her views, not about the topic. The most recent post actually goes well beyond the topic and concerns the discussion of "a pattern with aussiemamma that I think needs to stop." No wonder she feels like she is being considered a bad person. As I told Stephen, he is certainly free to do this, but it won't keep me from being saddened at how quickly some of us will pull out Bible verses to excuse such behavior. My position remains: I suggest we speak the truth in love to each other on these forums.
I don't think she's a bad person. All I have to go off of is what she's said in her posts. And if one watches these forums like I and others do you will notice a trend with the things she's said. I feel like everything she ever says is meant to throw a log on some already heated discussions. I don't think this is helpful, and I'd like to see it stop. I don't want her to stop participating, but I'd like to see her work with us in our discussions, not against us. These forums are a forum for av1611 Bible Believers. Ninety plus percent of the conversations that take place here deal with our belief in God's preserved and inerrant Scriptures, in some shape or form. If she wants to be a healthy participant in these discussions, she would be wise to show that her beliefs are supported by her faith in what God's Word says. I haven't seen her indicate this at all yet, and it is this reason that has lead me to respond in the way that I have.

Concerning the words I've chosen to use in my posts; I've been very careful with my wording lately, since my tendency is to not. You may think those terms I've used are inappropriate, but I used them after deliberate thought, and I think they were well suited for making my point. I could show you Scripture that supports what I believe, but you've clearly indicated that you don't want me to use the Word of God to make the stand that I do. Therefore I really don't know what I could say to you Bro. Parrish that you would listen to.

VR, I believe you brother. I'm not trying to alienate the poor woman, I'm just trying to let her know that her comments aren't helping anyone. To be honest, I'm quite frustrated, as I'm sure is apparent. I truly mean it when I say that I've held back a lot in my comments (I'm quite the grouch myself). I want to be of help, and not the other way around.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
I can be a crank and a grouch and a zoom dweemie myself - - - but I usually get away with it because I'm a man.

What, pray tell, is a "zoom dweemie?"
Old 11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
aussiemama

Stephanos, what I'm getting from your posting is that nothing is edifying in your opinion unless it agrees with you. I like to discuss things, so what is the point of entering into the multiple Bible topics where I do agree? Nobody would learn anything if people only posted in the threads they agree with someone else in. And, I'm not really trying to change your mind. I'm just bringing in a different viewpoint, which I personally believe to be the ONLY Biblical viewpoint. I believe that me standing up for what I believe is right is more important than never disagreeing with you.

The Bible says "thou shalt not kill" and we all use that as our basis to say abortion is wrong. But some are trying to do away with that verse "if the mothers life is in danger" instead of just obeying the commandment (thou shalt not kill) they are saying "thou shalt not kill unless not killing would kill someone else". There are actually several Bible Believers who believe the same as me on this issue, I know a few in my own home church.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
LOL, out come the verses...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
And there's nothing wrong with supplying verses/Scripture, either, Brother Parrish. In fact, it's appreciated.
Quote:
Here Am I,
sorry I am not aware of any Bible verses that would make me think it's appropriate to call another believer on this forum "obsessed" or "blinded" or "ignorant," or "retarded." ... but it won't keep me from being saddened at how quickly some of us will pull out Bible verses to excuse such behavior. My position remains: I suggest we speak the truth in love to each other on these forums.
Brother, I was not in any way condoning any perceived 'name calling' by anyone here: I thought that was apparent.

I was pointing out that it is good to back up one's opinions and beliefs with the appropriate Scripture, and that it is appreciated.

And sometimes, it is necessary to say things, in love, that might come across as being 'harsh':

"Ye fools and blind:"
" ...hypocrites!"
"Ye blind guides ..."
"Thou blind Pharisee ..."
"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" (Matthew 23:19-33 excerpts)