Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Default The deception that is Christmas.

Hey Brethren
In light of a recent post George wrote on rightly dividing, I noticed he had written a statement about the 25th of December NOT being anything to do with the LORDS birthday. let me further explain this if I can.

Society had had the 25th Dec drummed into them as Christs Birthday, they have been led to believe we exchange gifts because the 3 wise men brought Gifts to Christ.
Lets look into the Bible on these matters and bring to light the Word Of God on the subject (I appreciate many brethren on the forum know this already, but I would like to expel the myth of Christmas to new believers or those who simply didn't know the truth)

The word "Christmas" means "Mass of Christ" or "Christ-mass". It was a Roman Catholic mass and the 25th December is the Pagan birthday of sol the sun god. This was an ancient rite to do with Baalam and is the grossest form of Idolatry that we read about in the Bible.
Christmas is NEVER mentioned in the new testament by anyone, Not Paul, not Peter, Not John Not Matthew, no one.
Christmas is a fable!
2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Christ was NOT born on the 25th December

Luke 2:8
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
Shepard's brought their flock in from fields no later than the first couple of weeks in October, to protect them from the cold and the rains following in those months.
Song of Solomon 2:11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
Ezra 10:9 Then all the men of Judah and Benjamin gathered themselves together unto Jerusalem within three days. It was the ninth month, on the twentieth day of the month; and all the people sat in the street of the house of God, trembling because of this matter, and for the great rain.

If we were to take a particular date to celebrate the Birth of Christ it would be clearly marked in the Bible!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-06-2008, 02:28 PM

You're right, brother Steve. I am a born-again, bible believing, follower of Christ who says, "Happy Holidays!" We try to love and celebrate the Lord Jesus every day!

We do love the holiday season though, when family is able to get together we haven't seen in a year, for good food, fellowship, lots of laughter, and coffee of course! (I'm looking forward to it just thinking about it.) Come to think of it, we do that as much as we can here in Texas...without the observance of a national holiday!

Anyway, thanks for the reminder and exhortation.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Levite-7

hi~

an abomination is "christmas" ~ here's a bit of research on the subject; please read the following as it is quite an eye opener, especially for they unawares.

--

the truth of "merry christmas"

definition :: death of christ

Christes Maesse = Mass of Christ
mass = death sacrifice (catholic encyclopedia, p. 537; the mass in slow motion, p. 110)

thus, to even utter "merry christmas" translates as: merry death of christ.

ever ask youself why is santa claus laughing?
ho, ho, ho ~ merry christmas!

--

the truth of "santa claus"

saint nicholas (st. nick) = fable

ole nick = fallen angel (dictionary of fallen angels)

santa = satan

claus = lucas (luc, lucifer)

ever wonder why santa resides in the north? who else resides in the north & how much does santa ever want to be like Him but never shall?

santa claus is jolly about being fat = gluttony

santa claus has a red nose with rosy cheeks = drunkeness

santa claus has magical power of himself = doctrine of good & evil

santa claus judges children between good & evil = blasphemy

--

the truth of "december 25"

december 25 = witches' sabbath: yule (thor)

--

the truth of "elves"

santa's "little" helpers = fallen angels (devils)

elves = an evil spirit, a devil (webster's dictionary)

a host of supernatural beings & spirits who exist between earth & heaven. fairies (elves) are fallen angels. when God cast lucifer from heaven, the angels who were loyal to lucifer plunged down to hell with him. (the encyclopedia of witches & witchcraft, p. 115)

some fairies (elves) were said to suck human blood like vampires. (p. 116)

some elves will grant peoples' wish & give them gifts - if that person will only deny their Christian faith. (p. 117)

elf = small, mischevious creature considered to have magical power, though they appear cute on the surface, all of them are nonetheless demonic entities that have their origin in the occult world. (masonic & occult symbols illustrated, p.77)

elves often appear to children & even play with them.

the moment an adult appears on the scene, the elves disappear. if a person wants their help, he must apply to their chief, the devil himself. this, however, would cost a person his salvation. (occult ABC, p. 82, 83)

elves love to visit new born babies of mortals.

the way to cast elves out - Rebuke them & call on the name of Jesus Christ, that they cannot bear. (p. 84)

--

from the documentation, it would appear that these devils venture forth in various points of interest; under "innocent" guise, they spread their influence all across the earth since heaven is shut to them - especially if it be true that they drink blood, of which the LORD God in heaven commanded not. of a truth, this holiday is not biblical nor should it be practiced, nor should anyone in the LORD Jesus Christ walk close to its veil of innocence without being spiritually firm & armed with the Word of God, for christmas is a gateway to evil.

~levite-7
Old 10-06-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levite-7 View Post
...this holiday is not biblical nor should it be practiced, nor should anyone in the LORD Jesus Christ walk close to its veil of innocence without being spiritually firm & armed with the Word of God, for christmas is a gateway to evil.

~levite-7
Are you suggesting it is evil for Christians to get together on a day our country (the United States of America) has set aside as a national holiday, for food, fellowship, and generosity?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Levite-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Are you suggesting it is evil for Christians to get together on a day our country (the United States of America) has set aside as a national holiday, for food, fellowship, and generosity?
hi~

you tell me. fellowship in the LORD Jesus Christ is one thing, celebrating christmas is something else, don't you think? truth cuts to the heart, but it's necessary that we in the LORD Jesus Christ are fully aware of the subtlety that the devil & his children have pushed on us all since the days of the fall of man.

do you think i'm wrong to warn & inform? i pray not.

~levite-7
Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
hi~

do you think i'm wrong to warn & inform? i pray not.

~levite-7
Of course not, brother. I'm just saying that we enjoy holidays which have absolutely no "spiritual" or "biblical" application to me or my family. Some people get drunk on their birthday, we don't, but we still have birthday parties.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:32 PM

I just wanted to expel the myth that Christmas is Christs birthday, not delve into occult nonsense about elves and vampires.
For one I enjoy the dinner that my mother prepares on the 25th very much so, does that make me evil.
I wouldn't get to carried away with elves and goblins either...that is another fable that Paul write to Timothy concerning.

1 Timothy 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Levite-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I just wanted to expel the myth that Christmas is Christs birthday, not delve into occult nonsense about elves and vampires.
For one I enjoy the dinner that my mother prepares on the 25th very much so, does that make me evil.
I wouldn't get to carried away with elves and goblins either...that is another fable that Paul write to Timothy concerning.

1 Timothy 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
hi~

a fable is one thing, but this is not so - keep in mind that these are just different names that identify the fallen angels, of which is a very real thing & a danger to the uninformed. i deliver no fables, but rather intel regarding the christmas holiday & what it really means. if you think that is a bad thing, so be it. but keep this firmly in mind, what does the apostle Paul say about evil? abstain from the appearance of evil & this holiday, one of several pagan-based holidays of a pagan calendar, is laced with dark symbolism glorified as light.

~levite-7
Old 10-06-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
hi~

you tell me. fellowship in the LORD Jesus Christ is one thing, celebrating christmas is something else, don't you think?

~levite-7
I agree. I don't celebrate "christmas", but I enjoy the holidays.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:36 PM

A few things that worry me about your statements Levite

Quote:
the moment an adult appears on the scene, the elves disappear. if a person wants their help, he must apply to their chief, the devil himself. this, however, would cost a person his salvation. (occult ABC, p. 82, 83)
Salvation cannot be given away, as It is not ours to give in the first place.

Quote:
some elves will grant peoples' wish & give them gifts - if that person will only deny their Christian faith. (p. 117)
I have never heard of one Christian who has been approached by an elf, offered gifts and then asked to deny their faith.
Peter denied the LORD 3 times, but I seen no mention of elves in the bible offering him Gifts for doing so.

To include comments from occult books on the subject in my opinion is wrong, a Christian should not even be dabbling in anything relating to the occult, even if its supposedly to "warn us"

The only Information a Christian needs regarding devils is the Word Of God