General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Look on the bright side, Jassy. You could have gone to Fightin' Fundamentalists Forum (FFF) and been lost forever!

Thank the LORD you made the right starting move.
It's funny you should mention FFF. A few days ago I decided with weak hope to search for a good Christian board and happened upon FFF. Their railing against AV1611 was how I found out about your board! It's the same way I found my husband. I overheard some female co-workers maligning his fanatical christian beliefs and I immediately became interested! The Lord definitely has a sense of humor!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-18-2009, 05:29 PM

Welcome Jassy to the forum! I guess I am the other brother Tim.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Greetings in the Lord Jesus Christ!

I hope to learn and grow here as well as contribute. I've been a Christian since 1986 - although my faith has undergone changes during that time. Has anyone else noticed the widening trend towards a very liberal Christianity, which uses many different Bible translations? It seems like the ministers just choose the one that fits best into their sermon. Truth does not seem to be revered as it once was.

I am so deeply thankful to our Lord and Savior for allowing me to read and understand the AV1611. He has given us His Holy Spirit to provide the opening of the understanding of Scripture, in addition to the comfort of truth.

No longer do I watch the news, fearful of what lays around the next bend in world politics or the developing "New World Order." I now understand that this was all foretold, along with God Almighty's ultimate triumph. He is not "losing that battle" in any way, shape or form - all is going exactly as He has ordained from the foundation of the world!

Because of the weakness of the churches these days, I have not found any local church that preaches from the KJV and doesn't have secular additions to "attract the youth" (such as rock bands and laser light shows) - even the conservative Baptist churches have now jumped into the cesspool of modern churches, seeming to think that anything that takes place within church walls is HOLY unto our Lord.

In fact, the church is "ecclesia" - the called out ones or the ASSEMBLY" - these are the ones that are true believers and will stand for the truth. These are the Body of Christ - they don't see "church" as a building that they go to on Sundays. They see it that Body of Christ.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this intro.

Jassy
I have recently come to realize my patriotic feelings and outrage over the deep capture of the US Govt by the Wall Street/Bank syndicate, the resulting implosion of the US and world economies and now the apparent accelerated race towards fascism in the US, with industry being seized and given to the trade unions, were beginning to get the upper hand over my understanding that this world is not my home.

Could any of us have foreseen 5 months ago that the NWO agenda would have made such significant strides in such a short time? I didn't see it coming this quickly. The Lord is judging this nation. I don't know if the Age of the Gentiles is reaching it's end or if there is another act to play out with China and it's 'satellites".

A Christian has to step away from these matters to some degree in order to have any time left for what really matters.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Greetings in the Lord Jesus Christ!

I hope to learn and grow here as well as contribute. I've been a Christian since 1986 - although my faith has undergone changes during that time. Has anyone else noticed the widening trend towards a very liberal Christianity, which uses many different Bible translations? It seems like the ministers just choose the one that fits best into their sermon. Truth does not seem to be revered as it once was.

I am so deeply thankful to our Lord and Savior for allowing me to read and understand the AV1611. He has given us His Holy Spirit to provide the opening of the understanding of Scripture, in addition to the comfort of truth.

No longer do I watch the news, fearful of what lays around the next bend in world politics or the developing "New World Order." I now understand that this was all foretold, along with God Almighty's ultimate triumph. He is not "losing that battle" in any way, shape or form - all is going exactly as He has ordained from the foundation of the world!

Because of the weakness of the churches these days, I have not found any local church that preaches from the KJV and doesn't have secular additions to "attract the youth" (such as rock bands and laser light shows) - even the conservative Baptist churches have now jumped into the cesspool of modern churches, seeming to think that anything that takes place within church walls is HOLY unto our Lord.

In fact, the church is "ecclesia" - the called out ones or the ASSEMBLY" - these are the ones that are true believers and will stand for the truth. These are the Body of Christ - they don't see "church" as a building that they go to on Sundays. They see it that Body of Christ.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this intro.

Jassy
Jassy, I want to welcome you to the forum.

My belief is there is no "new world order", this was grabbed upon by the extreme right from a statement George Bush Sr. made. The "world order" has always been here.

Paul says the things written aforetime(Genesis-Acts 28)are written for our learning. One of those examples is found in Acts 16 with the demon possessed girl calling people to the attention of Paul and his fellow travelers preaching the gospel. We have these liberal Christians follow us around, trying to impeach and derail the authority of the gospel of Christ, we have these nutcakes like the FFF gang follow us around, crying that we have no "inspired" Scripture. We have Rome running behind us claiming to be the "true" church. We have these cults saying, oh, we "re$tored the go$pel that was LO$T" like the SDA, the JWs, Church of Christ, Mormons. Then we got the followers of JR Graves, the Briders, saying there is no "invisible church" and the Body of Christ can only be found in a Bride Church where you have to get wet in their tank by their preacher with their church letter or you are none of His. I attended a Bride Church for two years.

Every day of your Christian walk look behind you and see who is following you today to try and slash your spiritual tires...

You then walk to them and preach them the gospel of Christ, these are the people who Christ died for, along with us.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Look on the bright side, Jassy. You could have gone to Fightin' Fundamentalists Forum (FFF) and been lost forever!

Thank the LORD you made the right starting move.
I'm sure thankful that I discovered THIS forum first, brother Tim! Had I come across the Fightin' Fundamentalist Forum first, it doesn't sound like it would have been the type of forum I would have joined.

I'm so thrilled to find this AV-loving forum, standing firm for God's Word of truth!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Welcome Jassy to the forum! I guess I am the other brother Tim.
Well HELLO "other brother Tim"! I'm happy to make your acquaintance and thank you for the warm welcome!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I have recently come to realize my patriotic feelings and outrage over the deep capture of the US Govt by the Wall Street/Bank syndicate, the resulting implosion of the US and world economies and now the apparent accelerated race towards fascism in the US, with industry being seized and given to the trade unions, were beginning to get the upper hand over my understanding that this world is not my home.

Could any of us have foreseen 5 months ago that the NWO agenda would have made such significant strides in such a short time? I didn't see it coming this quickly. The Lord is judging this nation. I don't know if the Age of the Gentiles is reaching it's end or if there is another act to play out with China and it's 'satellites".

A Christian has to step away from these matters to some degree in order to have any time left for what really matters.
The way I see it is that everything is going according to plan - GOD'S DIVINE PLAN!!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Jassy, I want to welcome you to the forum.

My belief is there is no "new world order", this was grabbed upon by the extreme right from a statement George Bush Sr. made. The "world order" has always been here.

Paul says the things written aforetime(Genesis-Acts 28)are written for our learning. One of those examples is found in Acts 16 with the demon possessed girl calling people to the attention of Paul and his fellow travelers preaching the gospel. We have these liberal Christians follow us around, trying to impeach and derail the authority of the gospel of Christ, we have these nutcakes like the FFF gang follow us around, crying that we have no "inspired" Scripture. We have Rome running behind us claiming to be the "true" church. We have these cults saying, oh, we "re$tored the go$pel that was LO$T" like the SDA, the JWs, Church of Christ, Mormons. Then we got the followers of JR Graves, the Briders, saying there is no "invisible church" and the Body of Christ can only be found in a Bride Church where you have to get wet in their tank by their preacher with their church letter or you are none of His. I attended a Bride Church for two years.

Every day of your Christian walk look behind you and see who is following you today to try and slash your spiritual tires...

You then walk to them and preach them the gospel of Christ, these are the people who Christ died for, along with us.

Grace and peace

Tony
Thank you Tony for your warm welcome.

I agree with you that there is no NEW World Order - this "world order" has been in the planning for thousands of years. Even Paul warned about deceptiveness in his day! I believe that the beginnings of it stretch back very far. Today they're just getting closer to making it happen.

Good advice, Tony, about looking behind me to see who is following me to try and slash my spiritual tires. Regular Bible study, prayer and fasting keeps me on the right track.

It sounds like this forum will be helpful as well!

Jassy
Old 05-18-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you Tony for your warm welcome.

I agree with you that there is no NEW World Order - this "world order" has been in the planning for thousands of years. Even Paul warned about deceptiveness in his day! I believe that the beginnings of it stretch back very far. Today they're just getting closer to making it happen.

Good advice, Tony, about looking behind me to see who is following me to try and slash my spiritual tires. Regular Bible study, prayer and fasting keeps me on the right track.

It sounds like this forum will be helpful as well!

Jassy
Jassy, what is ironic is I have to be a member of a "Mid-Acts" Dipensationalist forum, nominally my "own crowd", to get KICKED OFF IT. Some of the grace believing groups have been leavened and penetrated by Unitarian/Universalists and the Original Manuscript Frauds("MVs") who say we have no inspired Scripture. Other grace groups are victims of Cornelius Stam's Calvinism and you could not get them to pass out a tract or witness to someone at gunpoint. In this forum of largely IFBs we all agree on the fundamentals of the faith, Christ crucified, and the infallibility of our Paper Pope, the KJV, and that's good enough for me. You'll profit much from this forum.

Yes, watch your back, but remember to turn and preach Christ to whatever is behind you, he or she is lost and on their way to hell. There is no spiritual disease the gospel of Christ won't cure.

Grace and peace Sister

Tony
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Jassy, what is ironic is I have to be a member of a "Mid-Acts" Dipensationalist forum, nominally my "own crowd", to get KICKED OFF IT. Some of the grace believing groups have been leavened and penetrated by Unitarian/Universalists and the Original Manuscript Frauds("MVs") who say we have no inspired Scripture. Other grace groups are victims of Cornelius Stam's Calvinism and you could not get them to pass out a tract or witness to someone at gunpoint. In this forum of largely IFBs we all agree on the fundamentals of the faith, Christ crucified, and the infallibility of our Paper Pope, the KJV, and that's good enough for me. You'll profit much from this forum.

Yes, watch your back, but remember to turn and preach Christ to whatever is behind you, he or she is lost and on their way to hell. There is no spiritual disease the gospel of Christ won't cure.

Grace and peace Sister

Tony
Tony,

I generally leave tracts about for people to pick up and read. Sometimes, being dissatisfied with the available tracts, I've made my own (I love doing the art graphics as well!) to distribute.

Sometimes an in-your-face person giving out tracts will turn people to run in the other direction. I've seen people look at the tracts and stuff them in a pocket or just throw them down on the floor to be trampled on.

Chick tracts may not be perfect, but they at least use the KJV and they do get read. I have occasionally left a P.O. Box address on tracts, for people to be able to contact me if they feel led to do so for further prayer, encouragement or direction in their Christian life.

I guess I'm not sophisticated enough to know if I am a Dispensationalist or not. I trust in the Lord and lean on Him and not on my own understanding. If I did THAT - leaning on my own understand - I would be in biiiiiiiiig trouble! so I guess I remain rather simple in my faith, until I learn otherwise.

Jassy