General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:02 AM

Default Thank you Brethren.

I would like to thank those wonderful brethren I have made fellowship with through this forum, it has most certainly been a blessing, and I would most sincerely like to continue in email correspondence with those that I am currently in contact with, that have blessed me beyond measure.
I feel that I must leave this forum as what used to be a blessing has now turned into a scorn fest.
If you could only see me you would understand, a 6 ft 2, 230 pound man who's heart used to be so hard and bitter, until The LORD Jesus Christ softened it up with his grace, crying at what people write on this forum. My heart used to be so cold and hard, but now It is tender and loving and I cannot log onto a forum every day and either defend myself and my salvation. This forum is for edification of the saints and the defense of the KJB and there are many who I have been truly edified by, but there are some I fear that cause me to weep and grieve the Holy Ghost and I would not accept that in a Church, nor will I accept that here.

God bless

Jeremiah 13:17
But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD'S flock is carried away captive.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-04-2008, 05:06 PM

I am sorry to see you go, I just got here myself.

In any church, in any group of Christians, you will have disagreement and some friction: it's to be expected, considering that we are all still encumbered by that nasty, carnal, sinful flesh.

You will never be able to find a place for fellowship, where people will agree with you 100%, nor will you ever find a perfect church, where all are completely in one accord. Why not just focus on those with which you can discourse without feeling as if they are scorning you?

Just my thoughts.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:19 PM

Default Re: "Leaving the Forum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I would like to thank those wonderful brethren I have made fellowship with through this forum, it has most certainly been a blessing, and I would most sincerely like to continue in email correspondence with those that I am currently in contact with, that have blessed me beyond measure.
I feel that I must leave this forum as what used to be a blessing has now turned into a scorn fest.
If you could only see me you would understand, a 6 ft 2, 230 pound man who's heart used to be so hard and bitter, until The LORD Jesus Christ softened it up with his grace, crying at what people write on this forum. My heart used to be so cold and hard, but now It is tender and loving and I cannot log onto a forum every day and either defend myself and my salvation. This forum is for edification of the saints and the defense of the KJB and there are many who I have been truly edified by, but there are some I fear that cause me to weep and grieve the Holy Ghost and I would not accept that in a Church, nor will I accept that here.

God bless

Jeremiah 13:17
But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD'S flock is carried away captive.
Aloha brother Steve,

I would urge you to reconsider your decision to leave the Forum. Your Posts have been both edifying and instructive.

I would urge you to not let false brethren; hereticks, and brethren with hard hearts drive you away from the rest of us who have appreciated both your Posts and your fellowship.

I have been a Christian for 50 years and I can testify to you that at least three times in my walk with the Lord I have gotten so down-hearted and disappointed with certain of the "brethren" that I withdrew from all Christian fellowship (except for my wife and a handful of friends).

I urge not to make the same mistake that I made. Don't let the brethren get you down! Your walk is with the Lord of Glory, and as such He is able to hold you up and to sustain you. Don't let hard-hearted and inconsiderate people get the best of you.

It took me nearly 30 years before I began to realize that I would not let the "brethren" control my walk with the Lord! I'm hardheaded! It's not God's fault that the "brethren" are the way they are today. And in the case of this Forum - sometimes it's really hard to tell who is a true brother in Christ and who is a false brother!

Don't give up brother. I know how you feel (I've been there before), but I finally determined in my heart that just because every single Christian on the face of the earth may choose to not follow God's word, I am determined to follow my Lord (according to His word), regardless if all of "Christianity" chooses not to.

I know that the "brethren" can get you down, but don't let them beat you down. Take comfort in God's word and always remember: ". . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written," [Romans 3:4]

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

I beseech you brother to reconsider your decision. If there are some people on this Forum that "get under your skin" - don't have anything to do with them. Let them rant and rave on in their little world, eventually they will either tire; or will be ignored; or will get "banned". In the meantime we have a lot to learn from each other; we have a lot to share; we have brethren with whom we should be sharing their burdens; there are those brethren who need our prayers.

I know that this Forum is not a church nor was it ever meant to be, but on the other hand it is fulfilling a need in the body of Christ that most of the churches of today are failing to do. If I were there in Northern Ireland I would run over to your house and beg you to reconsider, but since I am not, I make this final appeal to you to consider the following verses of Scripture:

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Hebrews 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:36 PM

Brother Steve, I too have benefited from your posts. For me, it would simply not be the same to correspond by email. I personally benefit from all of the truth, including your posts, and to be honest, from the mean spirited "error" as well. It has helped me to search the Scriptures and be more fervent in prayer.

Remember, dear brother, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12).

"...be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might" (Ephesians 6:10).

Stand!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:27 AM

George, Forrest and sister Here am I

Thank you for the warmhearted loving replies, and after much prayer and reading in the Word, I have come to the conclusion that you are all absolutely right. I took some devotional time last night to this issue, with my Mother yesterday evening and with the Word of God late last night, she informed me that she reads the forum posts and had enjoyed what I have written also (Go figure as most of the time all I do when I am at her house is exalt the LORD and his Holy Word ) I opened my Bible last night where I closed it the previous night and It was marked at

Luke 17:1
Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Could our LORD have been any clearer to this wretched man?
I of course forgive any man that trespasses against me, my nature is changed from a proud sinful heart to a humble tender heart, that sometimes stumbles to sin and to my LORD forgive me for that weakness.

Proverbs 18:19
A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.

I shall NOT allow myself to become as I was before my LORD delivered me, hardened by offence, and shut up in my own prison, for I walk in truth and YES brother Forrest I shall stand!

Psalms 71:3
Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.

Once again, Brother George you have delivered me a blessing with your instruction, and I am as always grateful for your counsel, Here Am I, I read over your recent posts and sister, you walk in the light! God Bless.
Brother Forrest, thank you so much for your email it also was a blessing, as was Brother Chette's!
May I encourage anyone that has felt the same way I have about these forums take stock of what George, Here Am I and Forrest have written here, as it humbled my proud heart once more, to see and walk in God's Glorious truth.

God Bless you all.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:00 AM

Default Stand Fast!

Peopleoftheway:--- Hello there. Just read your post a couple of minutes ago...It's about 30 minutes after Midnight where I am...late Saturday-very "wee-small" hours of The Lord's Day. {I should be in bed, bad me.}

Please stick around. You post well and usually add some sanity and logic to the website. Also, you are a believer, and as such...we/me/you/us are called to be "Salt and Light".

There are posters on this site (and others that used to be on this site) that are just plain grumpy bears and nit-pickers. {Don't know if that makes any sense in Brit.English---we colonials do have some slang and "isms" and jibberish.} If someone is bothersome in the extreme...there is a remedy at the top of each post. It is a charcoal gray rectangular "flag" on the gray bar around the post. { I did mention a couple of months ago to the Admin that the warning flag should be yellow or red.} If someone is being rude/uncool/nasty/heretical/overbearing/grumpy or even worse....thinks that they are one of the Apostles, and you MUST answer to them---then just click on the warning flag and let the Administrator handle it.

Proverbs 12:1 !
Old 10-05-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Peopleoftheway:--- Hello there. Just read your post a couple of minutes ago...It's about 30 minutes after Midnight where I am...late Saturday-very "wee-small" hours of The Lord's Day. {I should be in bed, bad me.}

Please stick around. You post well and usually add some sanity and logic to the website. Also, you are a believer, and as such...we/me/you/us are called to be "Salt and Light".

There are posters on this site (and others that used to be on this site) that are just plain grumpy bears and nit-pickers. {Don't know if that makes any sense in Brit.English---we colonials do have some slang and "isms" and jibberish.} If someone is bothersome in the extreme...there is a remedy at the top of each post. It is a charcoal gray rectangular "flag" on the gray bar around the post. { I did mention a couple of months ago to the Admin that the warning flag should be yellow or red.} If someone is being rude/uncool/nasty/heretical/overbearing/grumpy or even worse....thinks that they are one of the Apostles, and you MUST answer to them---then just click on the warning flag and let the Administrator handle it.

Proverbs 12:1 !
Thank you Brother, I appreciate your reply.
Truth be told I was going to leave the forum as I thought I might have become contentious, but when I prayed on it and meditated on what the wonderful brethren have written and emailed me, and most importantly on the word of God, I could not stay away, this forum truly has been a blessing to me and I should, like you say be "salt and light"

God Bless

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:23 PM

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad you are staying!

::insert 'woo hoo' smilie here::
Old 10-05-2008, 03:48 PM

That is nice to hear, People.
Blessings to you and your Mother. Happy to hear she is reading here in the forum...

Billie
Old 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM

Thank you Sister!

Sure how could I possibly leave all you wonderful brethren

How is your sister fairing by the way, I trust the LORD still has his hand upon her recovery ?
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.