General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:49 PM

People's has brought alot of good to this forum. It is sad to see immature Christians drive him away.

We are praying always for you people's, may God bless you with more knowledge of Him and His word.

I will keep in touch via email.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Hey brother, I am not going anywhere, I shall stand firm in the LORD and continue in the faith and fellowship of this forum and those who seek truth and instruction and those who through reproof are humbled before a mighty sovereign God.

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Thank you Sister!

Sure how could I possibly leave all you wonderful brethren

How is your sister fairing by the way, I trust the LORD still has his hand upon her recovery ?
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Hi People ,

My sister is at home...she still has some physical problems...but
is slowly getting better.. Thank you for reminding me , I need to update her condition in the prayer thread.

Blessings,

Billie
Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Forum Administrator

potw, I'm glad you've reconsidered.

One ongoing regret I have about this forum is that my personal tolerance level is so high that I let things go on too long. When I first started this forum, I intended to have almost no moderation, but I've realized that doing so only serves to give false teachers a space to speak their divisions and heresy.

WWJD is a good example. I'll be banning him today because I have hrdly seen anything doctrinal from him that isn't heresy. He has had lots of brothers correct him and show him grace, but he is not interested, and his posts are not edifying. I want people to be able to ask their questions here, but WWJD is clearly not sincerely interested in being taught the truth. I see no profit in allowing his posts to continue.

If my slowness in moderation was a factor in your consternation over this forum, I'm sorry. But I'm glad you'll be sticking around.

One thing: don't think of correcting error as "defending your salvation." You have nothing to defend -- your salvation is really God's.
Psalms 37:39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
Giving answers to error is sharing the truth, not defending yourself.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 AM

Hey Brandon

Quote:
If my slowness in moderation was a factor in your consternation over this forum, I'm sorry. But I'm glad you'll be sticking around.
Absolutely not Brother, I think you do a terrific job on the forum and you give brethren plenty of scope to take Gods Holy Word on board and let the Holy Ghost convict them, but it unfortunately appears that many only have one agenda and that is to tell US what they think the bible says mixed in with every doctrine under every religion under every sun
Truth be told I was going to leave as I thought I myself was becoming contentious, but the counsel of wiser learned brethren steered me in the right direction, I still have a lot to learn from many of you brothers and sisters on this forum and I certainly have a lot more to give back also. All for the Glory Of God brother!

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 AM

I am glad you decided to stick around,people like me,need a place to go and hear the truth and not feel like the only ones who believe in the KJ Bible and not have to defend our Salvation.
I have a lot to learn,so don't give up on us yet. God hasn't.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I am glad you decided to stick around,people like me,need a place to go and hear the truth and not feel like the only ones who believe in the KJ Bible and not have to defend our Salvation.
I have a lot to learn,so don't give up on us yet. God hasn't.
Amen brother!

Dont let anyone tell you you are wrong to hold onto the KJB as the inerrant Word Of God. Last night I received MUCH encouragement on the strength of the KJB and the texts that it is translated from, in a sermon / talk about the SDHS (Society for the distribution of Hebrew scripture) see my post on Light of Israel
To hear that Orthodox Jews are receiving the Word Of God in the new testament is TESTAMENT in itself to the truth of those texts, that the KJB was translated from are serving to lead Gods people slowly back to him through TRUTH!
Praise The LORD!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:08 AM

Hi peopleoftheway,

When George told me you were leaving the forum I was very sorry, so needless to say, I was elated when he said you had decided not too. I have visited only short visits for the last few weeks. Normally I make sure I read all of George's post and the replies but haven't even been able to do that.

I've been a little busy packing stuff and dumping stuff. I can't believe the bounty of things "too good to throw away yet not good enough to give away". The other thing is "We might need that later".

Our Christian walk is so much like that, we get loaded down with ups and downs of daily life and daily needs and things we really don't need. It sure gets cumbersome! I know how you must have felt about thinking you were being contentious, I got that way a while back. This time I just stayed away for a while and bit my tongue and did not post. I'm glad a few of them got banned!

It is after 12:00AM so I bid you a hearthfelt aloha, and much charity,
Renee
Old 10-07-2008, 09:10 AM

God Bless you Sister!

I have missed your posts on the forums, but I understand your situation at the moment. I have both George and yourself in my prayers daily and I thank you once again for the love from both of you
Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 AM

Just read this thread. Glad you stayed, Brother!