General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:03 AM

Default Mr. & Mrs. Adam

"Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created" (Genesis 5:2).

Have you Bible students out there ever seen this verse?

Okay. Some of you started chatting about your Grandparents union [I won't say who: People of the Way]. And others have shared how you met your life partner. So I thought I'd start a thread.

I met my wife of 25 years at church. At some point I knew in my heart God chose her for me. She teases that I married her because "God told me" to. Not very romantic, I know, but it's the truth. I'm so glad He did. She's been a loving, loyal, kind, and yes, submitted wife.

She has been the primary teacher of our four home schooled children, all of which are serving the Lord. And she is now ministering to me as my primary caregiver [I have Multiple Sclerosis].

I don't love her for what she does. I love her for who she is.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life" (Proverbs 31:10-12).
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 PM

Hehe subtle Forrest, subtle

Im positive that your wife is a lovely lady and you are very lucky to have someone who cares for you so dearly and vice versa. I am deeply edified and blessed by these stories of strength in marriage and encouraged by everyones words. Keep it up!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:13 PM

1st Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Beautiful scripture, it speaks for itself...... to the heart.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:59 PM

As a young teen, my (now) wife and her friend tried to play a prank on a boy in the school band that they were flirting with. They took what they thought was his bike and hid it. When I came out of band practice and looked for my bike, it was gone. These two were watching from a distance. Realizing they made a mistake, and with this strange kid (we did not know each other at all) walking right toward them, they took off running. I found my bike and headed home, oblivious to what had happened. My (now) wife got hit by a guilty conscience (actually-Holy Spirit leading) and stopped running. When she told her friend that she had to make it right by apologizing, her friend left her alone to face me. She stopped me and told me what she had done and asked me to forgive her. She went from stealing my bike to stealing my heart. (aww )
That was Feb 27, 1967. She was a month shy of turning 15. I had turned 15 the week before. We were married 5 1/2 years later. We have served in our church together since 1970, and have been teachers in our Christian school since 1976.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:40 PM

Wonderful Story Tim, I am humbled by all these stories of Love and commitment.
It is definitely a great testimony for marriage in an age and generation that holds the marriage vows so casually. There is a Girl that teaches in my niece's school and I would marry her in a heartbeat and I don't even know her!, I look at her and just "know", amazing how the LORD works, and I just had confirmed what I thought today, she is Born Again! Maybe she isn't for me, but I can certainly put in a prayer that she is
Old 09-13-2008, 05:39 PM

Brother Forrest,

May I add these verses to the above:

Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Interesting , Adam and Eve had no father and mother before them, it was ordained that this was the way it was to be.

Mark 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

I took my husband's name to tell the world I was no longer under my father's house but under George's.

Ephesians 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

It is amazing how after 47 years of marriage, I finally have an inkling of "one flesh". Our mind has become one, we think of the other first, after God and His word, we come to the same conclusions on many things. We are no longer hindered by the words "my" or "I". They have become "we".

Thank God for our heavenly made marriages, For the spouses that God has given us. Marriage is truly a cause worth praying (and fighting) for.

Fighting? well that is another story, suffice it to say: WE were in married in1961, I am Filopino and George is a haole on the Island of Kauai.

Thank you for this post Forrest, In sickness and in health, for better or for worse, God is always near. I pray for strenght for the both of you and many, many blessings. May He supply your every need.

Not only in love, but charity also,
Renee
Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Brother Forrest,

May I add these verses to the above:

Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Interesting , Adam and Eve had no father and mother before them, it was ordained that this was the way it was to be.

Mark 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

I took my husband's name to tell the world I was no longer under my father's house but under George's.

Ephesians 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

It is amazing how after 47 years of marriage, I finally have an inkling of "one flesh". Our mind has become one, we think of the other first, after God and His word, we come to the same conclusions on many things. We are no longer hindered by the words "my" or "I". They have become "we".

Thank God for our heavenly made marriages, For the spouses that God has given us. Marriage is truly a cause worth praying (and fighting) for.

Fighting? well that is another story, suffice it to say: WE were in married in1961, I am Filopino and George is a haole on the Island of Kauai.

Thank you for this post Forrest, In sickness and in health, for better or for worse, God is always near. I pray for strenght for the both of you and many, many blessings. May He supply your every need.

Not only in love, but charity also,
Renee
I was revisiting some older posts. Wow! You know how you read something and then read it the second time and discover the rich insight and encouragement it offers. Thank you, Sister Renee.

To anyone who may be wrestling with the wiles of the Devil in your marriage union, I encourage you to read Renee's words again and benefit from her God given wisdom and "47 years" of experience.

Quote: