Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Katie, if you reference all the possession cases in the Bible, we see that in all cases they are caused by "evil spirits". They cannot manifest in physical bodies but must seek bodies of the living:

Matt. 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

TV is concerned largely with sensationalism, not truth.

Grace and peace to you

Tony
I agree that demons can't manifest in physical form. They are constantly seeking human and even animal bodies to inhabit. Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Angels can manifest in human form, though. Of course, so did the Son of God before His incarnation.

Christophany with 2 heavenly angels:
Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 18:3 And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 18:4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 18:5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

This is why I don't believe fallen angels are demons. Angels can manifest as men. They appear as men, they eat as men, and I believe they mated with human women in Gen 6. I think demons are probably the disembodied spirits of the nephilim (giants) offspring produced by the union of the fallen angels who left their first estate and human women they took as wives.

Last edited by greenbear; 05-29-2009 at 09:00 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-29-2009, 09:03 AM

Is it a consensus that the thread has morphed into a discussion about Genesis 6? I want to add my thoughts if that is the case. Otherwise, we should start a new thread (although I am sure that somewhere this has been discussed previously).
Old 05-29-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie ha-lakh View Post
I've been thinking about that last verse myself today. "for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have"

"TV is concerned largely with sensationalism, not truth."
I was in no way condoning TV (or the video I watched) as a truth infused medium. I was just mentioning that some believe the "sons of God" to be Seth's sons.

I wonder if you think angels also must seek bodies of the living? ...since demons are fallen angels. And also what you think of the close encounters of the third kind (not referencing the movie) many claim to have had?
I hope you read post # 91 my response to tonybones.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:17 AM

For Genesis 6 discussion, see restart of "sons of God" thread in "Doctrines" group.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
For Genesis 6 discussion, see restart of "sons of God" thread in "Doctrines" group.
Will do and have already done so! Thanks for organizing us. Is it OK to copy our appropriate posts on flying scroll thread to sons of God thread? If no one responds by this evening I'm doing it.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
BT, now look what you did. I was going to lay off the posting for a while. But I will NOT beat you about the head!
Please, feel free and beat him about the head, I love Bro. Tim but I would love to see it anyway...

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-29-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Please, feel free and beat him about the head, I love Bro. Tim but I would love to see it anyway...
The closest I intend to come to any head-thumping is to beat everybody who disagrees with me with my superior arguments. LOL!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I hope you read post # 91 my response to tonybones.
I just read it, thanks for your input. I will try and mull it over. There is (might I say) TOO much going on in this forum! I have so much scripture to look over again, I feel like I am going to explode.

I have to pick and choose but all scripture is all so wonderful and relevant.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:49 PM

Just for fun, I am going to relate my first UFO sighting. I can remember the date easily, because the day this occured caused me some confusion as to what I saw.

It was July 4th, 1969 and I was 15 years old. I lived in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, about one mile from the Atlantic Ocean. Every year on the 4th of July, my town would have a huge firework display that would attract huge crowds. Jacksonville is a very large city about 20 miles inland from where I lived, but our display dwarfed their's. So many people would attend this display (and still do to this day), that if you drove to the beach you could expect to get stuck in traffic jams for an hour or more after the show.

Anyway, it was late in the evening, maybe an hour before sunset, I guess maybe 7:30- 8:00 PM. I went out in my front yard to see if it was starting to get dark, I wanted to walk down to the beach (maybe a 20 minute walk) in time to see the show which starts as soon as it gets dark.

The sun was not quite set, but it was below the trees to my west (my house faced north). So, it was still quite light.

As I looked at the sky I heard a noise behind and above me. I turned around (south) and looked up. I saw a very odd object. It was a very simple object. It was shaped like the letter V flying with the point going forwards. This object had 7 bright red flares. There was a red flare at the point, and 3 flares down each leg, with a flare at the end of each leg. The flares were evenly spaced apart. Connecting these red glowing flares were what appeared to be black narrow tubes. I remember that this object reminded me of Tinker Toys, the wooden toys we had as a kid. If you took the round wood pieces and connected them with the narrow tube-like pieces of wood, this was how this object appeared. It did not have any body whatsoever, it was just these bright red flares connected by these narrow black tubes.

This object was very low, no more than 100 feet altitude max. And it was flying very slowly, I estimate between 20-30 MPH max. I think I could have kept up with this object on my bicycle, that is how slow it was moving. This object was not large at all, I estimate it's wingspan to be at most 15 feet. So, this did not look like an object that could be manned whatsoever.

My first thought when I saw this object was that it was some new type of firework that I had never seen before. After all, it was the 4th of July. But this object was very strange, because I could not figure out what was making it fly. It was not shooting fire or sparks, I could not tell how it was propelled. And I could hear this object, it was making a sizzling noise, similar to bacon frying in a frying pan. And there were very faint wisps of black smoke floating off of the flares. But this faint smoke was not shooting backwards, it was just floating off of the flares, the way steam rises off of a cup of hot coffee or a bowl of soup.

This object passed directly over my head, and I turned to watch it as it continued north. Where I lived was very flat, and I could see a great distance to the north especially. We had a Naval Base (Mayport) about 5 miles north, with binoculars I could see the masts of the aircraft carriers based there. I just tell you that to give you an idea of how far I could see from my home to the north.

Well, as I said, I thought this was some new type of firework. But it did puzzle me as to how it flew. I continued to watch, and kept expecting it to eventually fall to the ground. But this is what really caught my attention, it NEVER came down. Now, I do not know of any firework that can stay aloft like this. I watched this object as it slowly flew away, I watched it for at least 2-3 minutes. I could easily see the red flares as they were very bright.

This object never did fall to the ground, it just flew off into the distance to where I could no longer see it. From the first moment I saw this object, if flew a very level flight at a very steady speed and altitude.

I do not know what this object was. It did not look like a manned object whatsoever. It had no body, and was relatively small. Perhaps it was some experimental military craft, but this was 40 years ago, and I still have never seen anything like it.

So anyway, that was the first unidentified flying object I ever saw. It was completely unlike all the other objects I saw later. In fact, none of the objects I have seen looked similar, they were all very different from another.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Bro. Parrish

Winman, I think if I saw something like that it would freak me out brother. Very interesting to say the least, especially the part about the sizzling sound, that makes me think of static on a TV or radio... thanks for posting your experience.