General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryb View Post
I was unaware that this was a forum that was against the biblical truths that are found in Reformed theology. Rather, there appears to be quite a large group of adherents to Dispensational theology and those who follow the teachings of Jacobus Arminius rather than the Word of God.

I mostly came here to talk about the Bible, but it's clear that i'm not welcome...so i take my leave.

There's no reason for me to be part of a forum where i'm not wanted.

My departure may even raise much criticism...but i can't see the benefit in staying.

I sought to answer those according to their folly, but rather than accepting the truth they have grown in folly. Therefore, i will cease and desist lest i also be like unto them.

Prov 26:4-5
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Bye.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 PM

Default "Calvinist" but staying

Well, I'm also likely in the minority on this forum as I would consider myself "reformed" (though Calvin did get the whole infant baptism thing all wrong) but I'm staying.

This is a forum about the authority of Scripture, and that's where I, for one, plan to focus my attention! <grin>

Doug A.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM

Default LarryB

Larryb- If you are still reading these, I want you to know that I will pray for you. I will pray that GOD leads you in his truth. I have very little patience for false doctrine but endeavor to separate individuals from belief systems. My unsolicited advice would be to search your heart and see what your goal really was coming into this forum. That is between you and GOD. I love you regardless and will pray for you as I do the other members of this forum.

God, Show us your truth and not ours.

Honest question since we are talking about Belief systems and Reformed stuff.

How does the Reformists/Calvinists Church and leaders respond when asked about Michael Servetus and the others who disagreed with the Pope of Geneva, and were subsequently killed for their belief?

When I was studying this, that raised a lot of RED FLAGS right away. Beheadings, burnings and imprisonment seem like a pretty stern punishment for "Heresy" even though Rome had been leading the way for a long time. I find it difficult to take anything Calvin said serious after studying that. I am glad that I learned about that after I studied their belief system though, otherwise I would have stopped looking instantly.

Blessings to all,

Brother-Smith

Last edited by Brother-Smith; 07-15-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Clarity.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Forum Administrator

It's always interesting to watch someone leave in a huff because their teachings are not immediately accepted by "the forum" (as if this is some kind of unified collective). It is plainly obvious that not all participants here are dispensational or non-Calvinist.

Anyway, there's no need to pile on here.