Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:35 AM
1611isperfect

Exclamation REBUKING PERVERTS at Mons Venus strip club

Streetpreachers rebuke perverts at the famous, "Mons Venus" strip club in Tampa, FL.

http://bible-believers.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=76&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

[moderator warning: offensive material]
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-12-2008, 11:55 AM

Thumbs down

Adam,

I like the part at 4:45 where the F word come into play.

I have counted the F word 14 times and I am not at the end yet. That is enough for me. This needs to be taken down.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 03-12-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:29 PM
jerry

I agree - if there is swearing in the link then we don't need to hear it. For the record, though: who is doing the swearing? The preacher or those he was rebuking?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:40 PM

Jerry,

It was the people in the street and the parking lot and not the preacher that was using " bad " words. However I do not think we need anything with the F word used on this site I do not care who says it. There may be some young folks here and I know there are ladies. I myself do not want to hear such trash.

Atlas
Old 03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Forum Administrator

I've "unlinked" the link and posted a warning. Obviously an outside link does not constitute swearing "on" the forum. As long as the link is topical and relevant I'm not going to erase the original post, but I did remove the hyperlink. If you want to visit it, you'll have to reconstruct the link and paste it in your address bar manually.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:43 AM
timothy

I don't think the f bombs are the worst part... the worst part is that not one single person in the video was broken enough for the preacher to give them the grace part of the gospel. Too much pride on their part, too much of wanting to live in the flesh...

James 4:6 "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the
proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."

Just that no one is this video is willing to humble themselves to hear of a Saviour that they only need to call on to save them... Hey, 1611isperfect, is there any video where anyone ever got to be save after a street preaching? It does get discouraging to see this street preaching going on and not seeing one soul saved... But hey, even if there's not, oh well...

Last edited by timothy; 03-18-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: misspelled a simple word!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 AM

In my opinion, after having watched several street preaching videos in the internet, I find some of them a bit harsh and close to "foolish preaching" (not the "foolishness of preaching" in 1 Cor. 1).
I street preached for 4-10 years. (I stopped due to throat problems and the failure to rest the voice after heavy use and not having a mic or megaphone when preaching open-air. Sorry,I feel redundant when I mention about this.)

I did experience some "encounters" during preaching. For example, when I declared in a market that the God says all have sinned, a lady "preached" louder against me saying that I was preaching as if I have heard the message directly from the Lord. Well, "it is written" and "thus saith the Lord" are the same to me, so I preached 1 Peter 1:23-25 and the gospel.
I also remember that the first time I preached in a public place, my opening statement was, "We are not fools."
We usually sing "Down From His Glory" before preaching, and that really made me realize that these multitudes passing by don't have time to church and God seems to send me down from heaven to tell this people "Now is the acceptide time; now is the day of salvation."
As an encouragement, we have seen hands responding to invitations and people writing us and joining our churches through street preaching. We just are being careful that in case there is any opposition, it's simply because of the "foolishness of preaching", and not because of foolish preaching or crazy preachers. (There is one "crazy preacher" here. We don't know him and he looks crazy by appearance, but he preaches the same gospel we preach. Sound doctrine but out-of-tune appearance and out-of-grace words akin to the "f word".)
Old 05-11-2008, 07:26 PM

I certainly see how this video would be offensive to Christians still on the milk. The F word is not harmful to us to hear it. If people are truly concerned with this then I suggest you lock your doors and never go outside. The F word is only harmful to those that use it themselves. Personally I love to see the brethren that are willing to go into the streets to preach repentance to the most thoroughly wicked. Not only that, but be able to do it without resorting to foul language and violence themselves. These men in the video truly are an inspiration that they could stand calmly and proclaim the truth to a crowd teeming with hate and malice. You can see it in their eyes that nothing but murder and malice is all but pooring out of their skin. I think we should pray for these unrepentant reprobates. I (being someone that fears God) am afraid for them. I know what awaits them. Let us interceed for them in prayer my brothers.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen