Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
If it was a Catholic catechism class or a Koran study, it would be no problem.
Why not?
That falls under freedom of religion practices.

my mother was pulled, screaming,
that sounds more like Communist countries...why was she forced into a nursing home? Were they saying she was neglected, or a danger, what?
Beth, it was all about money and how our home was sold and the money divided between a crooked shyster lawyer and an estate judge. My siblings didn;t want to be bothered with Mom, I took care of her the 18 years she lived after Dad died.That's alright, we weave the rope we hang ourselves on. I pray for their salvation. What we do in secret for Christ will be rewarded openly, what thieves and murderers do in the darkness will be made manifest in the light.

While we are young and relatively healthy and can pull a trigger, we can stand for our rights, but as far as the aged and disabled who can't speak for themselves, America is nothing more than a Nazi extermination camp. We have voluntary abortion, involuntary is next. We are on the verge of voluntary euthanasia as a federal law, involuntary euthanasia is next.

People sell their gold for worthless paper lately, both are worthless in an social, economic, and political crisis. The most valuable metal to hoard is lead, and I don't mean ingots. Oliver Cromwell told his troops, put your faith in God boys but keep your powder dry. Tony Bones says, put you faith in God Beth, and learn all you can about guerrilla warfare.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-30-2009, 05:38 PM

I firmly believe there will be a special place in hell for lawyers and judges, and, insurance agents. What makes them so crooked? They have so much power over us, and yet they want to rob us blind.
The death cult of the liberals is so strong now. They are focused on killing babies, killing old people, killing the sick and infirm, what's next? As you say, it's much like the Nazi way. I'm reading a couple of books right now, and one of them is called The Arms of Krup. It's about what Germany was like, in the decades prior to WW 1 and WW2.
The way America is going, it won't be long before the laws will be changed to mirror the mercilessness of those whose hearts are cold as ice, who hate Jesus and all his followers stand for. Did you hear about the law being put into effect that says anyone who opposes our government, or abortion, or gun control will be put on a list and called a threat to America. Something like that. Sorry I can't remember the exact words now.
You're right about our economy, and gold and paper being worthless now. It seemed to have happened in such a SHORT time, too, didn't it? One year ago, America was not like it is, today. So much evil so quickly. I don't think a woman like me would be successful in guerilla warfare. I will look into it, but, in the end, my only hope is in Jesus.
Peace and Hope to you, brother Bones.
Bible reader.
P.s. Who is Beth? That's not my name.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Why aren't Christians complaining to their congressmen, and senators?
Those of you who want to do so are welcome to do it. As for me, I'm done complaining to them. I have made the decision to exclude the government from my planning meetings. They will no longer be consulted on when I and other Believers chose to gather in a home or any other place. I will preach, teach, exhort, rebuke, witness and minister where I want to, where I need to and most importantly, where I believe God sends me.

If I do not preach, it will be because I chose not to do so. If I do not hold a Bible study in my home, it will be because I chose not to do so. If I am forbidden to hold Bible studies, I will hold them every night of the week and twice on Sunday. And I need no permit, nor will I seek one.

I wish them no ill will, but my attitude towards them is "You do what you have to do, and I'll do what I have to do." The spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophet. The government has no vote in the matter.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:14 PM

Default Re: "California Wants to Stop Home Bible Groups"

I have been asked to comment on three questions sisters’ greenbear and Jassy have been discussing.
Quote:
Quote:
Post #25: “Thank you for the correction, if the remnant is Israel. I have to admit that I'm still learning and somewhat confused from past teachings that I had learned. It's almost like being DE-PROGRAMMED!!! I think we'd better ask brother George on this one!! He seems to be so wisely and excellently prepared to answer any Bible issues. I've always checked his responses in the Bible and find them to be solid and dependable.

Love in Christ,
Jassy
Quote:
Post #27:I'm glad to ask along with you for brother George's answers to these questions. I believe that he is trustworthy to answer Bible issues giving scriptural support; including the eternal security of the believer, the identity of the remnant, whether it is Israel or the church that has to endure to the end, as well as whether or not there remains anything that must occur before the rapture of the church can take place.

Post #28:Can we agree to ask Brother George? We're keeping Brother George very busy these days!

In His Love,

Your sister Jennifer
Before I begin to comment, I would like to commend sisters Jassy & Jennifer for the spirit in which they have conducted their discussions. I would also like to thank them for being respectful towards all of the members of this Forum - including me.

I do not claim to be an oldsage”, nor have I ever made the assertion that I know everything there is to know about God’s Holy word. I’m just the “old crusty curmudgeon” of the AV1611 Bible Forums and I am highly honored by sisters Jassy’s & Jennifer’s request. Please keep in mind: I am NOT “infallible”, but for what it’s worth – here are my answers to their inquiries:

Quote:
Question Number 1:

1. The eternal security of the believer?

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There are too many verses to list here, but I have listed the majority of verses that I have found in regards to "Salvation" on my web page: http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/ - under the section "Bible Lesson" <> "Verses on Salvation" http://www.freewebs.com/thywordis/SA...-%20Verses.htm

There are approximately 14 pages of verses indicating you can not lose salvation; and about 3 pages indicating that you can lose it. There are 10 verses indicating you can not lose your salvation for every verse that would indicate you can lose it - This is where “rightly dividing the word of truth” comes in [
2 timothy 2:15].

The following Posts have much to say about “ETERNAL” Salvation:

What Would Happen If You Could “LOSE ” Your Salvation?:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...82&postcount=1

The Biblical State of a New Testament saint:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...8&postcount=10

"CALVINISM: Sound Doctrine?" <> Post # 89:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=89

Various Posts on the same topic that may be of some interest:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=51
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...1&postcount=17
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...1&postcount=23
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...4&postcount=20
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=52
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...8&postcount=13
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...03&postcount=3
Quote:
Question Number 2:

2. The identity of the remnant, whether it is Israel or the church that has to endure to the end

There are only six verses in the Bible which speak of a “remnant”:

Quote:
Matthew 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. {This is a Parable in regards to Jews and their King and His servants}

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: {Only Jews}

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. {Only Jews}

Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. {a “remnant” of the city}

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. {Only Jews}

Revelation 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. {a “remnant” of those who opposed Israel}
The word “remnant” has at least three different meanings in the Bible – depending where they are found, i.e. the “context”.

The term “endure to the end” occurs only twice in the Holy Bible – once in the Gospel of Matthew and once in the Gospel of Mark:

Quote:
Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
The “context” of those two verses indicates that they are referring to all those people (Jews and Gentiles) who are living during that period of time (the “Tribulation”, i.e. “the time of Jacob’s trouble” – Jeremiah 30:7)

I do not believe that Christians will go through the “Tribulation” (that’s another study), so there will be no Christians present here on the earth during the period of time spoken of in those two verses.
Quote:
Question Number 3:

3. Whether or not there remains anything that must occur before the rapture of the church can take place.

I know of NOTHING (no prophecy or “event” that must take place) that is preventing the “rapture” of the Body of Christ” (I prefer the Biblical word – “Translated” or “Translation” – Hebrews 11:5). The only thing that I know of that has to take place BEFORE the nation of Israel BELIEVES on the Lord Jesus Christ is “the FULNESS of the Gentiles” must “come in”.

Quote:
Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
If I fully understood WHAT “the fullness of the Gentiles” means and WHEN the “fullness of the Gentiles be come in” will happen - I would be a “prophet”, which I obviously am NOT!

The Lord Jesus Christ could return at any time. I was saved in October of 1958 and have heard (and read) many a Bible preacher and teacher GUESS when our “translation” (the rapture) will take place. So far – NONE OF THEM has been right; it’s a “mystery” that no one has been able solve, so I won’t speculate as to the date, I just keep hoping it will be soon - REAL SOON!
1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 AM

Default Re: "California Wants to Stop Home Bible Groups"

To the AV1622 Bible Forums,

CORRECTION!

The following statement:

Quote:
Question Number 2:

2. The identity of the remnant, whether it is Israel or the church that has to endure to the end

There are only six verses in the Bible which speak of a “remnant”:
is IN ERROR! I meant to say: "that there are only six verses in 'The New Testament' which speak of a “remnant” - NOT "in the (entire) Bible"!

Proof Positive - that I am NOT INFALLIBLE!