Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 PM

Default Re: "Sabbath observance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonB View Post
There Luke, you have it, a better formulated question and thank you Bro Parrish for a reasoned and calm reply. I didn't come on this forum to be flamed, my question is sincere, I have no guile. I tried various searches because I knew beyond a doubt that this subject must have been discussed many times on this forum but I wasn't able to come up with anything.

Diligent, you need to be more restrained on the trigger my friend with that sort of jugular approach you may run off a truth seeker that is having difficulties. I've been through much so I have a thick skin but I appreciate CIVIL DISCOURSE.

Thank you,
Ron
RonB,

This is probably one of the most tolerant Forums on Bible issues you can find on the NET. But on the other hand at least once a week we get these "one issue" people who join the AV1611 Forums, and we have no idea whether they are Christians or not.

Your first "Thread" on the Forum raises suspicions, because, instead of coming on and giving us a personal testimony about yourself, you start with a question on a topic that you should have settled long ago - that is, if you spent much time studying the Bible.

You see we know nothing about you, for instance: Do you have a Seventh Day Adventist background?; or are you acquainted with British Israelism?; or perhaps you have been influenced by the World Wide Church of God?

Without a personal testimony (from your lips to our ears - so to speak), we have no idea who you are, and whether you are sincerely looking for the truth or just another "trouble-maker" (and we get our share every week) looking for a "platform" to expound on whatever "pet doctrine" that may have caught their fancy.

Diligent answered your inquiry with Scripture (rightly divided and in context); you have yet to answer him, instead you came back with:
Quote:
"No Brandon, don't be so quick to get personal, I'm ASKING for some Scripture here, okay? Some sound reasoning, some calm reasoning, some DISCOURSE, I'm not taking any position but this has certainly been on my mind and don't think this issue hasn't been taken up by other scholars and is coming back. Not so much in the legalistic sense either but as one of the commandments to be observed so if you don't mind take a breath."
WHY are you so touchy? WHY are you so easily provoked? WHY didn't you overlook his "tone", if you didn't like the manner in which he answered you, and at least deal with the "substance" of his reply and ANSWER HIS COMMENTS and the Scriptures he presented, instead of going off on a private little "funk"?

Instead of dealing with Brandon's reply, you ignored his comments and then "flattered" some of the other brethren who answered you the way you preferred (or demand). But for someone who is supposedly earnestly searching for the truth, you have yet to reply to any of the comments made by any of the brethren who have taken the time to answer your question.

Since you posted your Thread: "Sabbath observance", 12 hours have passed and several of the brethren have responded to your question and you have yet to respond to a single one of their comments, except to compliment them on the "nice manner" {} in which they responded! You said you wanted "some DISCOURSE" - Well DISCOURSE then; 12 hours is plenty of time to at least answer some of the comments made by the brethren in response to you inquiry! {Just exactly what are you trying to accomplish?}

You have gotten several answers - are you going to respond, or are you going to keep on criticizing the Administrator of the Forum, because (poor thing) he didn't respond to you in an "acceptable manner"? That is - "acceptable" to you?

For someone who claims have a "thick skin" you seem awfully "thin-skinned' to me!

You will notice that I haven't attempted to answer your question, because, at 66 years of age, if you aren't able to discern between "the Jew" (Israel); "the Gentile"; and "the church" [1Corinthians 10:32] - chances are you never will.

You claim that your not "new" to the Bible, but this is an issue that you should have settled years ago. (I settled it over 40 years ago) If you're not "new" to the Bible - WHERE have you been? WHO have you been "studying" under? {Do you see WHY your personal testimony might be of some help to us?}

If you are sincere, you will start to answer and reply to the comments made by the brethren. If you are "disingenuous" you will go off in a "huff", playing the "victim" to those mean ole intolerant Bible "thumpers" on The AV1611 Bible Forums.

Last edited by George; 03-23-2009 at 09:22 PM.