General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 PM

Default My Intro

Greetings in the Lord Jesus Christ!

I hope to learn and grow here as well as contribute. I've been a Christian since 1986 - although my faith has undergone changes during that time. Has anyone else noticed the widening trend towards a very liberal Christianity, which uses many different Bible translations? It seems like the ministers just choose the one that fits best into their sermon. Truth does not seem to be revered as it once was.

I am so deeply thankful to our Lord and Savior for allowing me to read and understand the AV1611. He has given us His Holy Spirit to provide the opening of the understanding of Scripture, in addition to the comfort of truth.

No longer do I watch the news, fearful of what lays around the next bend in world politics or the developing "New World Order." I now understand that this was all foretold, along with God Almighty's ultimate triumph. He is not "losing that battle" in any way, shape or form - all is going exactly as He has ordained from the foundation of the world!

Because of the weakness of the churches these days, I have not found any local church that preaches from the KJV and doesn't have secular additions to "attract the youth" (such as rock bands and laser light shows) - even the conservative Baptist churches have now jumped into the cesspool of modern churches, seeming to think that anything that takes place within church walls is HOLY unto our Lord.

In fact, the church is "ecclesia" - the called out ones or the ASSEMBLY" - these are the ones that are true believers and will stand for the truth. These are the Body of Christ - they don't see "church" as a building that they go to on Sundays. They see it that Body of Christ.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this intro.

Jassy
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Welcome Jassy

Brother or Sister ?

You are not alone in regards to finding a good Bible believing Church, they are becoming few and far between in all 4 corners of Gods earth, many have submitted to government, apostate ministers, ecumenism and the roads that lead to rome.
But its not about the Church as a building, its about the body of Christ gathered in his name, so whether there be 2 or 3 of you teaching / preaching the word, the Lord is there, be it in a field, the street or someones home.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

There is not a lot left in Revelations to be fulfilled, the fulness of the gentiles is almost come and Christ is at the door.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

James 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 AM

Welcome, Jassy! You have some interesting observations.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Welcome Jassy

Brother or Sister ?
Thank you for your kind welcome, brother Tim. I'm a sister. Right now, I read and study the Bible from home and I meet with a group of believers online. So that's our "church" because we are gathered together in His name.

Yes, I agree that the fulness of the Gentiles is almost come and Christ is at the door. How joyous for believers! And what a tragedy for those left outside of the wedding feast!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:07 PM

I'm a brother

Steve's the name
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome brother Steve!! Sorry that I got mixed up between you and brother Tim. I'm new to this forum. And actually new to ANY forums - so it's rather a challenge to figure out how this all works!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Thanks for the welcome brother Steve!! Sorry that I got mixed up between you and brother Tim. I'm new to this forum. And actually new to ANY forums - so it's rather a challenge to figure out how this all works!
Point type and click sister, point type and click, you cant go wrong
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Look on the bright side, Jassy. You could have gone to Fightin' Fundamentalists Forum (FFF) and been lost forever!

Thank the LORD you made the right starting move.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Angry

Jassy we just have one rule around here for the ladies. You can't be wearing pants while talking on the forum. Women have to wear a dress that comes down around 8 inches past your ankle... Just kidding. Welcome to the place where we "heretics" gather to fellowship online.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Solomon,

Very funny! Who, I asketh, shall thou sendeth to measure mine hemline?

Jassy