Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Lordship Salvation Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCachxMOBDo

This video is hilarious...

The portrayal of the Paul Washer fanboy is spot on.

Does anyone know what program the guy made the video in?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCachxMOBDo

This video is hilarious...

The portrayal of the Paul Washer fanboy is spot on.

Does anyone know what program the guy made the video in?
Although I can't hear the video (I'm deaf), I do know about Paul Washer's false teachings. I know some Christians who really like his preaching, but I don't think they fully understand the false portions of his message. Here's a good webpage that I found that explains why his teachings are in error:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/paul_washer.htm

Jassy
Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Although I can't hear the video (I'm deaf), I do know about Paul Washer's false teachings. I know some Christians who really like his preaching, but I don't think they fully understand the false portions of his message. Here's a good webpage that I found that explains why his teachings are in error:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/paul_washer.htm

Jassy
Good site, Jassy. I love this quote from Dr. John R. Rice (whom I've never heard of before):

“The change in your heart, sinner, is God's part and you may be sure He will attend to that. Your part is to simply believe in Him. Whatever else is necessary in your eternal salvation, the Lord attends to when you trust in Him, or believe in Him.”

Jennifer
Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Good site, Jassy. I love this quote from Dr. John R. Rice (whom I've never heard of before):

“The change in your heart, sinner, is God's part and you may be sure He will attend to that. Your part is to simply believe in Him. Whatever else is necessary in your eternal salvation, the Lord attends to when you trust in Him, or believe in Him.”

Jennifer
I liked that quote too, sis. Here's a webpage that has a number of audio sermons by Dr. John R. Rice. I don't know who he is either. You could check them out. http://www.gotothebible.com/HTML/RiceJohn.html

Jassy
Old 06-07-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
I liked that quote too, sis. Here's a webpage that has a number of audio sermons by Dr. John R. Rice. I don't know who he is either. You could check them out. http://www.gotothebible.com/HTML/RiceJohn.html

Jassy
Thanks, sis! I'll check it out.

Jennifer
Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks, sis! I'll check it out.

Jennifer
John R. Rice has many good words on many good topics, but he was an Original Manuscript Fraud who wrote a book called OUR GOD-BREATHED BOOK, THE BIBLE, and then stated that this "bible" is only inspired in the original manuscripts in this book. Dr. Ruckman and many other KJV defenders were scathing in their criticism of Rice. Many years ago Dr. Herbert Evans wrote Rice a letter that later became a pamphlet that outlined Rice's views from his own words on the KJV and the inspiration of the Scriptures, it was called, Dear Dr. John, Where Is My Bible? Rice was also, as Dr. Ruckman is today, staunchly opposed to Grace believing dispensationalists and joined the "dry cleaning church splitters" bandwagon only after others took it up. Dr. Rice believed the doctrinal error that OT personalities "looked forward to the cross while we today look backwards." Many of his commentaries spoke of "...fine OT Christians like Abraham...". There were no "Christians" in the OT. Christ's own apostles were not aware that He came to earth to die for the sins of the world. As far as any dispensational studies Rice recognized a difference between the OT and the NT and that was it, in any Scripture with Scripture study he was as I said of Herbert W. Armstrong, he couldn't put two verses of Scripture together with two bulldozers and 16 tons of Super Glue.

Dr. Rice would not take a stand against the critics of the KJV because he didn't want to lose subscriptions to Sword Of The Lord magazine and jeopardize his self-appointed position as "leader" of the IFB movement against the Southern Baptist Convention.

Dr. John R. Rice was a good man and accomplished much good and would have accomplished 100 times the good if he'd stayed out of Baptist politics and preached that the Bible in his hands was given by inspiration of God. Any Bible. In some of his writings you will find he uses the ASV of 1901. Sisters, when you read Dr. Rice, my advice is you have a Bible in front of you when you do, and one rightly divided. While Ray Comfort and Paul Washer no doubt will have books written about their errors I'm sure you could glean the works of Dr. Peter Ruckman and assemble a good sized book on Dr. Rice's errors on right division and there being no Bible you can hold in your hands that is given by inspiration of God. Dr. Rice taught and preached from a Bible he didn't believe was inspired and had errors in it.

Grace and peace sisters.

Tony
Old 06-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Watch out! a man that does not Believe the Bible (KJV), is the inspired word of God. May not correctly interpret it either.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
John R. Rice has many good words on many good topics, but he was an Original Manuscript Fraud who wrote a book called OUR GOD-BREATHED BOOK, THE BIBLE, and then stated that this "bible" is only inspired in the original manuscripts in this book. Dr. Ruckman and many other KJV defenders were scathing in their criticism of Rice. Many years ago Dr. Herbert Evans wrote Rice a letter that later became a pamphlet that outlined Rice's views from his own words on the KJV and the inspiration of the Scriptures, it was called, Dear Dr. John, Where Is My Bible? Rice was also, as Dr. Ruckman is today, staunchly opposed to Grace believing dispensationalists and joined the "dry cleaning church splitters" bandwagon only after others took it up. Dr. Rice believed the doctrinal error that OT personalities "looked forward to the cross while we today look backwards." Many of his commentaries spoke of "...fine OT Christians like Abraham...". There were no "Christians" in the OT. Christ's own apostles were not aware that He came to earth to die for the sins of the world. As far as any dispensational studies Rice recognized a difference between the OT and the NT and that was it, in any Scripture with Scripture study he was as I said of Herbert W. Armstrong, he couldn't put two verses of Scripture together with two bulldozers and 16 tons of Super Glue.

Dr. Rice would not take a stand against the critics of the KJV because he didn't want to lose subscriptions to Sword Of The Lord magazine and jeopardize his self-appointed position as "leader" of the IFB movement against the Southern Baptist Convention.

Dr. John R. Rice was a good man and accomplished much good and would have accomplished 100 times the good if he'd stayed out of Baptist politics and preached that the Bible in his hands was given by inspiration of God. Any Bible. In some of his writings you will find he uses the ASV of 1901. Sisters, when you read Dr. Rice, my advice is you have a Bible in front of you when you do, and one rightly divided. While Ray Comfort and Paul Washer no doubt will have books written about their errors I'm sure you could glean the works of Dr. Peter Ruckman and assemble a good sized book on Dr. Rice's errors on right division and there being no Bible you can hold in your hands that is given by inspiration of God. Dr. Rice taught and preached from a Bible he didn't believe was inspired and had errors in it.

Grace and peace sisters.

Tony
Tony- There are not enough hours in the day to study everything and everybody so it's helpful to be able to rely a bit on another believer's demonstrated knowledge and discernment in order to redeem the time. Thanks, brother.

Jen

Last edited by greenbear; 06-08-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Watch out! a man that does not Believe the Bible (KJV), is the inspired word of God. May not correctly interpret it either.
Reading and listening to teachers using MBV's has grieved my spirit for years, ever since I read Riplinger and became aware of the issue and the Lord convicted my heart on the matter. However, I'm not to a point where I automatically reject a teacher who isn't KJVO. The way I see it is that MBV's and KJVO's who are believers are all of the same body and we can benefit from each others teaching, gifts, and service. I'm sort of in flux on the issue. Of any teachers Dave Hunt, Chuck Missler and Noah Hutchings have had the most influence on me. Dave Hunt isn't KJVO. Chuck prefers the KJB, I believe. Noah Hutchings uses KJB. However, none of them made KJVO a major focus of their ministries, if at all. In order for me to spend time and energy on a Bible teacher who uses a corrupted version I have to feel that he has something really valuable or unique to teach to make it worth my while and the worth the pain of hearing or reading a corrupt Bible version. It may be that the Bible version issue will become increasingly important as more corrupt versions are published and will force even more division. I don't know. I do know that there are some people on this board who are experts in this area. I am so blessed of God to have been shown that the KJB is His perfect Word. I'm afraid I stopped there. I'm slowly learning more about the topic.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Tony- There are not enough hours in the day to study everything and everybody so it's helpful to be able to rely a bit on another believer's demonstrated knowledge and discernment in order to redeem the time. Thanks, brother.

Jen
Sister, John Rice was not the devil, it's just that God is not a respecter of persons, I don't care how long a person is "in the Lord" or how well loved they are by us, they got no business running around substituting themselves as the authority. When a man says a verse is mistranslated or not supposed to be there, you are saying Yea, did God really say that? And then if he is believed like the sheep over on FFF believe Barry and Robycop, or James White's books, they become the authority, which is what they want.

That's why Brandon has a Bible Versions section of this forum, keep the authority in the Book, let each Christian then be fully persuaded.

Grace and peace sister

Tony