General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:59 AM

Default Genesis Gap Theory - The Movie

I am producing an instructional movie on the Ruin-Reconstruction (Gap Theory) interpretation of Genesis. Here is a link to more information: The Movie Project.

I am posting this to get the word out, as I need artistic assistance from other Bible Believers.
Thank you.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-13-2008, 09:18 AM

I wish I can help. I'm a self-taught composer and trying-hard animator - nothing close to what you need. Well, I'd be helping pray about your project. I did try doing something like it, but here you are - looks like an answer to prayer!

Biblestudent
Old 12-13-2008, 10:16 AM

I have Logic Express at church (audio composing software), I can get Final Cut if necessary, and I'm a beginner at Blender 3D modeling. I don't know if any of that would come in handy, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
I wish I can help. I'm a self-taught composer and trying-hard animator - nothing close to what you need. Well, I'd be helping pray about your project. I did try doing something like it, but here you are - looks like an answer to prayer!

Biblestudent
If you are a trying-hard animator, you might be able to help. I'll be posting more specifics on the animation needed soon. Appreciate the prayers for this effort.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
I have Logic Express at church (audio composing software), I can get Final Cut if necessary, and I'm a beginner at Blender 3D modeling. I don't know if any of that would come in handy, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
Blender can be used to do animation illustrations. Keep in touch.
Thanks
Old 12-13-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
If you are a trying-hard animator, you might be able to help.
By "trying-hard", I mean, I make simple drawings and exhaust powerpoint animations available for some of my Bible lessons, and use moviemaker for some video lectures.

I'm only interested in learning animations to better illustrate Biblical doctrine and teaching, so I'm glad you're doing this project. But should I be of "any" use to the project, of course, I'm willing to "try hard"!

(By the way, I have a preacher-artist friend here whom I often ask to draw illustrations for me. I'll see if he's willing or has the time, just in case you need someone like him. Maybe, that's the best I can do to help - "just in case".)

Last edited by Biblestudent; 12-13-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
By "trying-hard", I mean, I make simple drawings and exhaust powerpoint animations available for some of my Bible lessons, and use moviemaker for some video lectures.

I'm only interested in learning animations to better illustrate Biblical doctrine and teaching, so I'm glad you're doing this project. But should I be of "any" use to the project, of course, I'm willing to "try hard"!

(By the way, I have a preacher-artist friend here whom I often ask to draw illustrations for me. I'll see if he's willing or has the time, just in case you need someone like him. Maybe, that's the best I can do to help - "just in case".)
Brother, you need a Mac! Keynote is infinitely superior to Powerpoint, I can assure you...I would advise any missionary to invest in a MacBook or a MacBook Pro before even beginning deputation.

*loves his MacBook Pro!*
Old 12-13-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Brother, you need a Mac! Keynote is infinitely superior to Powerpoint, I can assure you...I would advise any missionary to invest in a MacBook or a MacBook Pro before even beginning deputation.

*loves his MacBook Pro!*
Looks interesting. They're not yet common here, and might be very expensive.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Looks interesting. They're not yet common here, and might be very expensive.
Quite understandable; even in Chile where technology is cheaper than most places, Apple hardware is usually 40% to 50% more expensive, even used. However, if you ever visited the US, I would suggest at least trying out a Mac. No viruses, no spyware; mine has been running for close to 20 days with no issues at all.

It's an investment where PC hardware is an expense.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
I am producing an instructional movie on the Ruin-Reconstruction (Gap Theory) interpretation of Genesis. Here is a link to more information: The Movie Project.

I am posting this to get the word out, as I need artistic assistance from other Bible Believers.
Thank you.
I have added additional pages and information. One page shows some examples of the artwork types I am looking for. I have also added a Picture Gallery program where you can upload your original picture files or files you have found elsewhere on the Internet. In the case of the latter, be sure to leave a note explaining the URL where it is found and, if available, contact information for the owner.

If you have video/animation clips available, contact me and I will send you login info so you can upload the files by FTP.

Thanks to all in this forum for getting the word out on this project.

Last edited by geologist; 12-14-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Update URL