Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:54 PM

Default The Emerging Church Is Coming

Quote:
This is an eyewitness report on the February 2009 National Pastor’s Conference in San Diego, California, and a warning about the emerging church and its growing influence.

The conference was sponsored by Zondervan and InterVarsity Press, two of the largest and most influential Christian publishers. Their authors represent the mainstream of evangelicalism today as well as its cutting edge, from Bill Hybels and Rick Warren to Rob Bell and Brian McLaren.

Christianity Today magazine was prominently represented at the conference. Andy Crouch, a senior editor, was one of the main speakers and interviewers. He also led a praise and worship session. Other speakers included Bill Hybels, Rob Bell, Leighton Ford, Gordon Fee, Shane Claiborne, J.P. Moreland, John Ortberg, David Kinnaman, Scot McKnight, Alex McManus, and Christopher Wright.
To read entire article, click below:
http://www.wayoflife.org/files/45779...bb3d8-257.html
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 AM

It's already here
Old 02-25-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
It's already here
Yep, there are even assemblies of God churches performing sexual acts on their altars in Europe. The biggest assemblies of God church I think is over there as well and is a complete mix of all religions. The AoG in the US has turned a complete blind eye to it as well.

And that's just the beginning....

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 02-26-2009, 01:32 AM

I wonder if someone would lay our for me clinically the doctrines of this "emerging church" teaching? I know Cedarville College, that I attended for a short time, has embraced it. While there in the 80s it was apparent they had turned aside unto Neoevangelicalism, though they will not accept charasmatics and secretly boot KJV Only students, as I was.

Grace and peace

Tony Bones
Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I wonder if someone would lay our for me clinically the doctrines of this "emerging church" teaching? I know Cedarville College, that I attended for a short time, has embraced it. While there in the 80s it was apparent they had turned aside unto Neoevangelicalism, though they will not accept charasmatics and secretly boot KJV Only students, as I was.

Grace and peace

Tony Bones
1) They decisively are Alexandrian cultists:

Quote:
THE CREED OF THE ALEXANDRIAN CULT

by Peter Ruckman

1. There is NO FINAL AUTHORITY but God.

2. Since God is a SPIRIT, there is NO FINAL AUTHORITY that can be seen, heard, read, felt or handled.

3. Since all books are MATERIAL, there is NO BOOK ON THIS EARTH THAT IS THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY on what is right and what is wrong; what constitutes TRUTH and what constitutes ERROR.

4. There WAS a series of writings one time which, IF they had all been put into a BOOK as soon as they were written the first time, WOULD HAVE constituted an infallible and final authority by which to judge truth and error.

5. However, this series of writings was LOST, and the God Who inspired them was UNABLE TO PRESERVE THEIR CONTENT through Bible-believing Christians at Antioch (Syria), where the first Bible teachers were (Acts 13:1), and where the first missionary trip originated (Acts 13:1-6), and where the word "CHRISTIAN" originated (Acts 11:26).

6. So, God chose to ALMOST preserve them through Gnostics and philosophers from Alexandria, Egypt, even though God called HIS SON OUT of Egypt (Mat. 2), JACOB OUT of Egypt (Gen. 49), ISRAEL OUT of Egypt (Exod. 15), and JOSEPH'S BONES OUT of Egypt (Exod. 13).

7. So, there are two streams of Bibles: the most accurate - though, of course, there is NO FINAL, ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY FOR DETERMINING TRUTH AND ERROR: it is a matter of "preference" - are the Egyptian translations from Alexandria, Egypt, which are "almost the originals," although NOT QUITE.

8. The most INACCURATE TRANSLATIONS were those that brought about the GERMAN REFORMATION (Luther, Zwingli, Boehler, Zinzendorf, Spener, etc.) and the worldwide MISSIONARY MOVEMENT of the English speaking people: the Bible that Sunday, Torrey, Moody, Finney, Spurgeon, Whitfield, Wesley, and Chapman used.

9. But we can "tolerate" these if those who believe in them will tolerate US. After all, since THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE AND FINAL AUTHORITY THAT ANYONE CAN READ, TEACH, PREACH, OR HANDLE, the whole thing is a matter of "PREFERENCE." You may prefer what you prefer, and we will prefer what WE prefer: let us live in peace, and if we cannot agree on anything or everything, let us all agree on one thing: THERE IS NO FINAL, ABSOLUTE, WRITTEN AUTHORITY OF GOD ANYWHERE ON THIS EARTH.

This is the creed of the Alexandrian Cult.
2) Don't judge other "Christians". This causes...

3) Division, which must be avoided at all costs (especially those divisions caused by folks that love a church that follows the teachings of the Holy Bible)

4) Rock music

5) Worldly entertainment

6) Women with no sense of modesty

7) A church service usually run by the youth to...

8) Make their church attractive to worldly unregenerate, sin-loving, wanna believer lies, fools with no interest in hearing about their sinfulness or their need for a savior. Jesus in these churches is just your "homeboy".

That's just for starters...

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 PM

Old wine in new bottles, they had that stuff in the 60s and 70s with Campus Crusade For Christ.

Grace and peace Stephen

Tony
Old 03-02-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Old wine in new bottles, they had that stuff in the 60s and 70s with Campus Crusade For Christ.

Grace and peace Stephen

Tony
Yeah, that's true. But I think there were some really genuine folks in the 70's that connected with Christ. Of course there are those like that in the apostate Emergents, but to me, when I look at their practice and doctrine it's just a mockery. They aren't even interested in hearing what The Book says about things. You ende up hearing "things were different back then" but in Keith Greens day, people were really open to hear the truth, despite those that tried to change the message of The Book to suit their lifestyle. This is just the impression I get.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Default Re: "The Emerging Church Is Coming"

Quote:
"I wonder if someone would lay our for me clinically the doctrines of this "emerging church" teaching? I know Cedarville College, that I attended for a short time, has embraced it. While there in the 80s it was apparent they had turned aside unto Neoevangelicalism, though they will not accept charasmatics and secretly boot KJV Only students, as I was.

Grace and peace

Tony Bones
"

Aloha brother,

You should check out Roger Oakland. His book "Faith Undone" will lay out the whole sordid mess.

http://www.understandthetimes.org/

Also The Berean Call has quite a lot of info on the EMC movement and the apostasy that is taking place in the "Evangelical" churches, etc.

http://www.thebereancall.org/
Old 03-02-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Yeah, that's true. But I think there were some really genuine folks in the 70's that connected with Christ. Of course there are those like that in the apostate Emergents, but to me, when I look at their practice and doctrine it's just a mockery. They aren't even interested in hearing what The Book says about things. You ende up hearing "things were different back then" but in Keith Greens day, people were really open to hear the truth, despite those that tried to change the message of The Book to suit their lifestyle. This is just the impression I get.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
I'm sure, in spite of the celebrity and money the founders of these things were after that many were truly saved, Stephen. 20 years ago when we had the big church going the thing was "lifestyle evangelism". Just show a "Godly lifestyle" and people would c"catch on".

Anything but preach the gospel of Christ.

No country on earth has the communications tecjnology and resources Amereica has, and nowhere is it more wasted on what horses fertilize filds with. Contemptable speech but true.

Grace and peace my friend.

Tony
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 PM

Default Hi

This is what I know of the Emerging Church. Follow the link

Directory on the emergent church movement and its other religious philosophies and practices
http://www.letusreason.org/Emergedir.htm