Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:42 AM
look3467

It is my experience from all that I have lived that God always looked at my heart.

If my heart was not right with Him, it didn’t matter what I did, if wouldn’t be blessed.
I was blessed as a child being a Catholic because my heart was for Him.
I was blessed as a Baptist because my heart was for Him.
I was blessed as a non Denominational because my heart was for Him.
I was blessed in all my searching’s, meaning going out and beyond the box of my Christian upbringing, because my heart was for Him.
I am blessed today with peace and assurance and what I consider wisdom in understanding Him, because my heart is still for Him.

So, whatever a man puts his hand to do, if his heart is for God, God will bless him.

1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

That verse tells it exactly as it is for the believer and non believer alike.

Mankind’s soul was purchased and paid for by God in Jesus.
Now, our works are judged and tried by God’s fire, (Love) of what they are, wood, stubble, silver or gold and are rewarded accordingly yet while we are alive in the flesh.

If what I said is true, then why can we not love our neighbor regardless of what they believe?
Must we demand that they believe as we?

What if they believe as we because we demonstrated God’s love in our words and our actions regardless of what they previously believed?

We are rescuers’, of souls, from the grip (Gates of hell) of this world.

We are Ambassadors’ for Christ, leading by example and not criticizing or condemning what is not agreeable with our own beliefs.

So, think about it, be zealous in love of heart and not in the letter of the law, for the law, traditions and religious practices are but practices of our choosing and in which cause divisons.

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Because the law worketh divisions.

Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Therefore if we divide because of our beliefs, then we are condemned to live by them.

Jam 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

If we are judged by the law of liberty, meaning without the law, why should we judge others by the law?

These are just my opinions consisting of my life’s experiences of which wisdom is a product of both knowledge and understandings.

Peace>>>AJ

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-15-2008, 02:35 PM

I just find it crude to speak like that.

Same with the "shut your mouth" and the "indy 500" videos.

If you want to use the word fool, use it.

Out of interest, the word "stupid" is used in the message Bible, as a replacement for fool.

Why don't we start using piss in everyday language? It's the modern equivelent of pisseth. I'm sure telling someone to "p*** off" would show the love of God as much as telling someone to "shut up" or that they are "stupid".

The thing is, you are not Jesus Christ. You are not justified in using his language, because you are a sinner, like everyone else. The fact you are saved should bring humility, not pride and arrogance.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:04 PM

Preach it, Luke.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:09 PM

Hi Folks,

I will say that it is more than a bit of a turn-off to see unlikely threads with unnecessary acrimony titles on this forum.

As I remember, the first King James Bible book I read was from a Pentecostal, Daniel Segraves 'The Search for the Word of God, in Defense of the King James Bible'. The second was from the Baptist William Grady, 'Final Authority'. Each one was excellent in its own way, Segraves really touched on the paradigmic issues nicely (e.g. how unbelievers brought inapplicable textual principles from secular works like Chaucer and Shakespeare into the Bible textual field, for Bible reconstruction) while Grady put out a superb in-depth book covering tons of issues.

Now their doctrines on some issues may be miles apart (and Segraves today may be a little mushy in his Bible views, too accepting of any TR-based text) however I point that out at least to show that the King James Bible purity and perfection is sensed and realized in wide swaths of what is usually considered todays Christian world. Nobody has a monopoly on this truth.

A nice guideline is:

Colossians 4:5-6
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without,
redeeming the time.
Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt,
that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

PS.
As an aside, there are many who are sympathetic doctrinally to 'speaking in tongues' who view the modern charismatic emphasis on 'slain in the spirit' as offbase. However this is a minor counterpoint mention, the key sharing is above.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 06-15-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:57 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

1611isperfect,
May I direct you to a thread I started addressing a topic that may interest you and that will also answer your thread?

http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298
Old 06-15-2008, 08:31 PM

Cody 1611,

This subject has be covered in an older thread, --Doctrine ---The gifts of the Holy Spirit for today? Perhaps if newer members (not saying you are new we joined about the same time) read the older post we would learn many things. I know I have been going back to when the forum was first started and I have gleaned some good lessons; but as in everything we must be careful for there are some things that may lead us down the wrong path.

Aloha
Renee
Old 06-15-2008, 10:11 PM

Thanks for your reply, sister Renee. I'll look for that thread.

God Bless
Old 06-16-2008, 03:34 AM

I finally got access to a computer that can view youtube, and I have to say that this is not only disturbing (I couldn't watch it, it is evil), but it's very very sad to see people who desire a relationship with God (at least, one would assume they do), but rely on experience and weird attractions rather than knowing God from his word.

These people need prayer, preaching, and the truth in love.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:06 PM

Is the gift of an iterpretable tongue the same as the sign to the Jew of Acts 2?

though 1Cor 14 does speak of an unknown tongue. of which previous to this statement of an unknown tongue it is clear never existed until the Corinthian church invented it. for all the other verses in ACTs spoke in a other tongues, and speak with tongues (context tells us it was Hebrew or Greek) not an unknown tongue singular of 1Cor. Chapter 14.

1 Cor 12 is a gift given to.... Profit withal. and one of the gifts was diverse tongues and another gift Interpretation of Tongues. not Unkown tongues (of Chapter 14). the gift of Acts 10 is not tongues but the HOLY GHOST see vs 45.

So gifts and signs? things that are different are not the same.

the thing to look at is. why would the Lord Via the Holy Ghost give GIFTS to the BORN AGAIN CHURCH in 1 Cor 12 and they not be for today? Why do many assume that the GIFT of TONGUES which according to Paul needs the GIFT of interpretation of Tongues to profit withal speaking of the Christian Body of Christ, is the sign for the Jews only?

And Paul instructs to COVET the best gifts not the BEST SIGNS.

Though I have yet to hear anyone speak in a diverse tongues and it be interpreted. I do NOT agree that the gift of 1COR 12 is the same as the signs of ACTS. And I myself do not have the gift of tongues nor would I allow it with out an interpretation and I would expect that both people having those gifts would have to be male's only (sorry ladies but it said given unto every man not everyone or woman)

Why are not these things not happening in the church. Because most Christians are not Filled witht he Holy Ghost, they are more easily filled with the flesh. being occupied (a meaning of filled)with the HOLY GHOST takes careful prayer and faith in the Lord to do in you His will not just for salvation, sinlessness and sanctification but also for the distribution of gifts to profit the body. Read Lewis Chafer's book, He that is Spiritual. if you want it I will email it to you.

The reason the sign and the gift are made to be the same is a man made doctrine designed with the best intentions to protect the weak from the fleshy movement that was taking place in Corinth when Paul addressed the whole issue. so rather than teach is correctly, the difference between sign and gift and how it opporates. it was easier to create a system to lump it all together and make it not for today.

the other thing about speaking in an Unkown Tongue is that it is disobedience to the word of God. and no one in disobedience can claim to be filled with the Holy Ghost and exercising a gift of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited by chette777; 06-16-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:12 AM

Brother Chette, here are my thoughts:

I think tongues are both a gift and a sign, and the purpose of it was to convince an unbelieving Jew (1 Cor. 14:22; 1:22).

Under the Kingdom program, it is a SIGN of the kingdom - to convince an unbelieving Jew of the kingdom at hand.

Under the Church age, it is a GIFT for a certain period of time (1 Cor. 13:8, "they shall cease") - to convince an unbelieving Jew of the transition into the Church Age and the postponement of the kingdom.

Tongues are also one of the SIGNS of the kingdom apostles (the Twelve) as well as of the church apostles (Paul, Barnabas, etc.). Not all are required to speak with tongues during the Church Age (1 Cor. 14), and as this age progresses, God is lifting these signs. After about the first century, God no longer calls apostles and prophets, but evangelists, pastors and teachers (Eph 4).