Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2009, 12:39 PM

Default When was Paul saved?

I have another question on Acts. When was Paul saved?

Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, [even] Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Act 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

I thought Paul was already saved when Ananias went to see him, calling him Brother Saul. If that's right, then why did Ananias tell Paul to wash away his sins, calling on the Lord?
I know I am missing something here. Any insight will be great. Thanks in advance.