General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
I seek to edify and learn and be a blessing here, but I am afraid I tend to be rather simplistic in my thought pattern and sometimes the brethren get so detailed in their presentation that I get lost. So I am sure some will find my discourse too simple, yet I do seek the truth and don't "just" want to accept things because that is just what I've been taught, because I've been taught by various teachers that would disagree on a great many things.
The Word of God is the testimony of He who shall redeem us from our sins; stand on Him and the LORD Jesus Christ will reveal to you all things. Welcome to the community, Amanda - I am perhaps the latest yet in the giving of greetings, however I can say that this forum community is a good thing and that there is a wealth of insight within its pages - enjoy your stay here.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-25-2009, 10:01 PM

Bro. Shofar,

Thank you for the welcome. I am happy to be here, but it does appear that perhaps I am making more enemies than friends.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:53 AM

Amanda!

So glad you joined this forum also..greeted you over in Cody's forum! This is a great bunch of believers..good fellowship..and we want you to feel at home.

Over in the Bible studies you'll find good teachings..look around the other threads and get to know the ones you are interested in...we look forward to your postings and getting to know you.
Blessings sister!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:54 AM

Welcome Amanda.
I hope you enjoy this forum when you get a chance in your busy day to get here.

Mrs Hayseed
Old 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
Bro. Shofar,

Thank you for the welcome. I am happy to be here, but it does appear that perhaps I am making more enemies than friends.
Hm, the stance of pride perhaps - it can be a trial sometimes, and I notice it in other communities besides this one, but your signature holds a true piece of scripture, one that we all must keep too, even in the heat of intense discussions. It is true that we are all at war, but if caught up in the war, remember the real cause of the war is that which seeks to divide us; a failed battle every time when we call upon the name of our LORD and Savior.

Between us, we be Abraham's seed and forever brethren in Christ Jesus, now and forever as it was in the beginning.

Last edited by Shofar; 07-27-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Typo