Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:52 AM
foley

Default The King James is not perfect, and you all know it!

Sorry brothers and sisters.
God did preserve his word, but that refers to him protecting the original manuscripts for transference to multiple generations, not some mans OPINION as to which is the best translation, PERIOD! so snap out of it please.
The very fact that the king james refers to the greek word for "passover" as "easter" is a mistranslation and simply serves to show it is the work of men and not of God. Not to mention where they translated the word for Joshua as Jesus in hebrews, which is proof alone that it is not perfect so therefore cannot be Gods perfect preserved word.
A translation is just that, "a translation" and thus is subject to human bias and influence and it can never ever be perfect, so stop promoting the idea that the King James is perfect when i know and you know for a fact it is not.
As if that ain't bad enough it's shockingly hard to read, even with an 18th century dictionary near by. The sentence structures are back to front, a lot of the words are outdated complicated or have lost their original meaning, and teenagers just can't get to grips with it, so therefore or (Wherefore if you like) i know for a fact that God wants his word available in the LANGUAGE OF THE DAY and that the King James IS NOT in the language of the day, its in a hybrid language of what we are familiar with but its not the language of today with our syntax, word structures, and modern meanings. I have said enough to prove that the King James Authorised version "TRANSLATION" is NOT PERFECT and therefore cannot be the preserved word of God as you like to infer. remember the letter kills but spirit gives life.

I am currently updating and revising the king james new testament with the help of the holy spirit, and it has made me realise just how badly written the king james is and how a lot of potential revelation is missing due to obscure verses and bad sentence structure and mistranslations and the fact that it is so literal(which doesn't translate well to other languages) Just because you may have got used to quoting the king james bible, it doesn't mean there can be no other.
Pesonally i would rate the king james bible at about 80% accurate with 60% of potential revelation available out of 100.
My version is approximately 95% accurate with about 90% of potential revelation available. I will be calling my version the 21st century King James version. And yes it has been written as a tribute and in honor of the King james scholars.
I am basing it on the king james manuscripts and am quite aware of the dubious carnal man made modern versions available and will be avoiding their mistakes at all costs so don't worry.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-28-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I am currently updating and revising the king james new testament with the help of the holy spirit,
Yes, I do not deny that a "spirit" would help you do that.

Quote:
My version is approximately 95% accurate with about 90% of potential revelation available.
Well, the spirit of error will be pleased at this achievement of 5% error. And the god of this world is also pleased that you attribute to him control over a tithe of revelation.

What folly!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foley View Post
My version is approximately 95% accurate with about 90% of potential revelation available. I will be calling my version the 21st century King James version. And yes it has been written as a tribute and in honor of the King james scholars.
The 21st Century King James is already trademarked by KJ21 Publishers, so your new "almost God's word" translation will have to get a new title.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:15 PM
lei-kjvonly

You are so blessed to be the chosen one by God to bring people out of such a horrible lie! Come on man! What makes you think you are so eligible to change GOD'S words?! Man, I would be scared to be in your shoes pal!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:21 PM
lei-kjvonly

Just to remind you foley, if it's too hard for you to understand the KJV then your education level is very low. The KJV got a 7th grade reading level! So now you want me to believe the you're going to create a better version of GOD'S Word, when you have an education level lower than 7th grade? LEAVE GOD'S WORD ALONE!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Jot&Tittle

Foley,

I'm curious about something. If you died tonight would you go to Heaven or Hell? If your answer is Heaven, please explain how you know. If your answer is Hell, also explain why.

Sincerely,

Jot&Tittle
Old 02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Pastor Mikie

I previously stated that ther are over 300 English Translations of the Bible. I need to correct that statement. Make that over 301.

Foley, either you are kidding, looking to "stir-the-pot", or something far worse.

How do you know "Easter" is supposed to be "Passover"? Because some lexicon or Greek dictionary said so? Do you speak Greek? Chances are you don't. The context of Acts 12:4 is after the Passover and during a pagan holiday.

I urge you to reconsider what you are about to undertake. You are asking for trouble.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:17 PM
sting of truth

thank goodness i'm not as self righteous as this guy is, to think that a person who does not speak greek, or maybe even he does, could go back and correct the work of over 46 men who spoke the manguage fluently and were masters of the language.. maybe this guy is james white.. james white has a lot of self righteousness like this, always going and correcting the work of others on the nasb which he claims to be the bible.

i got just one question, nobody has ever answered it. if the KJV is not the infallible, innerrant word of God, what is?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:39 PM
timothy

Heh, my wife has a learning disability and she can understand the KJV.

Why not call your new Bible ABTV (Another Bible Translation Version)?)
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM
jblm1611

Foley,
I have a translation for your ID name it is FOOLey. I know it is a temp to stir the pot in this forum, but I hope that you would take the time to read some of the posting that is in this website because I hope that the spirit of God would open your eyes and heart to the truth of His preserved Word and that is the KJV.