Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:20 PM

Default Daniel 11:20

Ok, I've been looking at this verse and never noticed it before. Have any of you thought upon who this man might be? Will he be Persian, and will the vile person in verse 21 as well? The language used in Daniel seems very dependant upon a strong OT knowledge, which I lack. I can tell by reading this chapter that it is very clear in the details, but the background knowledge I lack.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-01-2009, 02:40 PM

The person between V 19 and 21, seems to be an isolated account. But could be the same as 21, but it doesn't seem so to me.

I could probably find out by referring to the book of Maccabees, which I have all four. But it is such a short account, and may be insignificant to Jewish history. That it may have no mention.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:03 PM

I guess what has been on my mind lately is whether or not the anti-Christ will be Muslim or not. I've heard people argue that this devil will be of Jewish descent but by their reasons for such belief one could also claim him to be of Muslim descent. I mean Islam is the religion of "peace" and they are inherently anti-Jewish. The whole world also seems to be intoxicated with the belief that these ragheads are the victims and that Israel needs to stop terrorising them! If anyone knows something about this subject that I'm not taking into account then please do let me know.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Since Isaacs half brother Ishmael, has always been his worst enemy. And all end-time prophesy is centered around Israel, the probability exists. At least in respect of being Muslim, or of Muslim decent.

I would not venture to guess, beyond this point, as it would be pure speculation. The Bible just doesen’t give us a lot ot go on, reguarding the Anti-Christ (*son of perdition), so there is a world full of people who could fill the bill.

*I really see the term Anti-Christ, applied more to the second beast (the false prophet/messiah), than to the first. As I see it, this one has to be Jewish.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Since Isaacs half brother Ishmael, has always been his worst enemy. And all end-time prophesy is centered around Israel, the probability exists. At least in respect of being Muslim, or of Muslim decent.

I would not venture to guess, beyond this point, as it would be pure speculation. The Bible just doesen’t give us a lot ot go on, reguarding the Anti-Christ (*son of perdition), so there is a world full of people who could fill the bill.

*I really see the term Anti-Christ, applied more to the second beast (the false prophet/messiah), than to the first. As I see it, this one has to be Jewish.
Hmm, yeah, it really is hard to tell. Like you said, this all seems like speculation. I'm just glad I'll be watching all this from Heaven.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-02-2009, 08:41 AM

6 And in the end of years they shall join themselves together; for the king's daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement: but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm: but she shall be given up, and they that brought her, and he that begat her, and he that strengthened her in these times.

Mark Antony and Cleopatra?

15 So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither shall there be any strength to withstand.

Roman siege of the fortress of Masada?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:24 AM

Hi, I am very new here, just joined a few days ago. I have also done a bit of studying about the Antichrist.

Recently I found these articles by Mark S. Watson which I found very intriguing. You might find them interesting as well, quite different.

http://www.markswatson.com/acwho.htm

I want to make it clear I am not endorsing this author, I do not know much about him. I am not even sure what he believes, and I do get the impression he does not believe in the eternal security of the believer of which I do believe. But some of his writings do seem very insightful.

Last edited by Winman; 01-02-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM

That is not so new, it has been around for some time. Everyone always tries to identify the system, as including some nation or nations, that are obviously the final world government.

I don't think this works, I believe the Bible has already shown us who/what it is. If you read this you will see the system rises up, after/or simultaneously with the man. And wont be so easily identified, until the beast himself comes.

Re:17:10: And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Re:17:11: And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Re:17:12: And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

These five kings are, Egypt, Syria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece (Alexander The Great). The one who is, is Rome. One of these Kings/kingdoms, was the beginning of the times of the Gentiles. He was, and is not, but will come again.