Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Default Actor David Carradine Found Dead In Bangkok

Does anyone have any information on whether the Carradines were involved with christian and conspiracy causes? There sure are a lot of suicidal people lately.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies....ead-bangkok-ap
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Bro. Parrish

I was very sad to see this, still remember his old "Kung Fu" TV series years ago. I don't think they are sure if this was a suicide yet, but either way it is sad...
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
I was very sad to see this, still remember his old "Kung Fu" TV series years ago. I don't think they are sure if this was a suicide yet, but either way it is sad...
I think all the Carridine brothers were good actors, and a real treat as far as I am concerned is seeing all three of them in The Long Riders, about the James Brothers. they played the Younger brothers. I think this movie, one of my three favorites of all time, was the one where David did his best acting job. I loved Kung Fu, but my favorite of the three brothers is Keith. He got his big break playing a cop in Missouri who nailed a Lutheran minister who killed his girlfriend's husband, one of his church members. This was based on a true story, and highlighted another fine actor, Terry Kinney, who played the minister, and JoBeth Williams, all three vastly underrated as actors. Keith gave a short but blistering portrayal of Wild Bill Hickock in Deadwood.

There's been a lot of conspiracy stuff going about the death of Bruce Lee and his son Brandon, David Carridine was one of those, with Chuck Norris, James Coburn, and Steven Seagal, who advocated for a closer look into Bruce and Brandon Lee's deaths, but I think what took David Carridine's life, if this is not murder, is the cause of all suicide: No hope for the future.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 PM

Thanks for the info, Tony.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Thanks for the info, Tony.
If you ever get to see MURDER ORDAINED with Keith Carridine, Terry Kinney, and JoBeth Williams, by all means watch it. It was CBS TV movie in I think 1984. This is a true story and they tell it without any ambiguous slants towards anything. This minister not only murders his own wife, but his girlfriend's husband. Carridine is very human, very compassionate, and very steady and methodical and portrays what a police officer/investigator should be: Compassion for his victims, and the slammer for his bad guys with a rock solid case that holds up, as this one did, in court.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 06-05-2009, 01:05 AM

I am going to miss Grasshopper.

AMR
Old 06-05-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
I am going to miss Grasshopper.

AMR
I first became aware of David Carridine not in 1972 in KUNG FU but in 1965 when he was cast in a western on ABC called SHANE, after the movie with Alan Ladd in the 50s. I remember it didn't last the full season. His portrayal of Shane was a little trigger happy that alienated a lot of people, I of course loved it. In 1972 people would ask me if I saw this new martial arts western, I;d tell them, yeah, John Carridine's son who starred in the old western on TV, Shane, and get blank looks.

Grace and peace

Tony