Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:39 PM
jerry

I have no desire to read it - these quotes are bad enough for me. I don't have to eat a rotten apple myself to know it is rotten if I can already see it is brown and mushy.

He gives pages numbers for his specific statements and quotes. Are they there or not? Are the statements taken in context? Should be pretty easy to verify if you have that book.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-20-2008, 04:56 PM

HE mentions UFO's however he clarify's that it is Satan and his Devil disguising as Aliens. this is one of their ploys with the New Agers. the Devil gots them believing they are commnication with Aliens from another planet. UFO's are just unidentified Flying object lots of atmospheric phenona (sp?) happens allthe time.

Read his book Black is Baeutiful

Last edited by chette777; 04-20-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I have no desire to read it - these quotes are bad enough for me. I don't have to eat a rotten apple myself to know it is rotten if I can already see it is brown and mushy.

He gives pages numbers for his specific statements and quotes. Are they there or not? Are the statements taken in context? Should be pretty easy to verify if you have that book.
Sometimes people tend to leave out vital details when they talk about people, especially when they don't like that person. (concerning that website)

Last edited by Cody1611; 04-20-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:38 PM

Ruckman: “If a twentieth-century college educated American does not believe in UFOs (and UFO occupants) he is MENTALLY SICK. He should see a shrink”

I don't have trouble listening to Ruckman. I don't have access to that book "Black is Beautiful" or never heard him teaching about UFOs. But that's right, you have to read Ruckman and keep him in context. The man just loves the Book and looks at everything by the Book. If I don't agree with him on certain things, and he calls me an unbelieving “jack leg” and a “bloated egotist”, I might just respond with a big

Last edited by Biblestudent; 04-20-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Ruckman: “If a twentieth-century college educated American does not believe in UFOs (and UFO occupants) he is MENTALLY SICK. He should see a shrink”

I don't have trouble listening to Ruckman. I don't have access to that book "Black is Beautiful" or never heard him teaching about UFOs. But that's right, you have to read Ruckman and keep him in context. The man just loves the Book and looks at everything by the Book. If I don't agree with him on certain things, and he calls me an unbelieving “jack leg” and a “bloated egotist”, I might just respond with a big
It's real easy to take brother Ruckman out of "context". He has written over 100 books; maybe 50 or more booklets; and has hundreds (perhaps thousands) of hours on tape. I can assure you that he doesn't believe in "little green men" or most of the outlandish UFO theories.

Sometimes he will engage in speculation when it comes to these matters but he clearly doesn't teach these kinds of peripherial subjects as "doctrine". And if you will read his books he always distinguishes between something that might be "possible" (UFO's, etc.) and those doctrines that are sure and without out a doubt absolutely true.

If these quotes are being taken out of context and with out Ruckman's "caveat", then he is being misrepresented (once again), and being made out to be some kind of "Kook" and "False teacher".

I marvel at the willingness of some of the brethren on this site, to not hesitate to malign this man (every time his name pops up) - whom they have not met; have not heard; have not read (very much); and know so little about.

Do all the verses warning us about judging (especially brethren) mean so little to these critics, that they think (or believe) that God is not going to judge them for their "hasty" condemnation of another brother in Christ?

If they know so little about the man; his ministry; his works; and his fruit - I keep asking myself - Why this animous? Why the instant retort to demean, and tear down? Why will Christians not hesitate criticize? Rather than just let things be and let God deal with him? If they knew him, there might be scriptural reason to judge. But by their own admission they refuse to read him personally and yet except second and third hand reports when judging him. Why if you won't read him, to check out the record for yourself, why do you persist in defaming another brother in Christ? WHY?
Old 04-21-2008, 07:20 AM

I suggest youbuy or borrow Ruckmans book "Black is Beautiful" in it he gives clearly what he teaches abut UFO's and the Devils.

I read some of the things some are saying. never once have I personaly heard of Ruckman saying aliens lok like ducks.

est to go to the source then you decide.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:19 AM

I don't have the money to buy Dr. Ruckman's book, but I would like to know if he has been taken out of context by David Cloud. I respect David very much in his research. I would appreciate anyone who has the book to post the quotes with the added context about the ducks and needing a psychiatrist (since I don't believe in aliens).
Old 04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
jerry

The Bible does NOT teach Christians are not to judge. What it does teach is that we are not to judge hypocritically or based on our own standards. We are to judge righteously. This is from God's Word:

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

I didn't defame Ruckman in this thread. I gave a link where quotes were given from him on this subject. Verify it - prove it right or wrong - but quit calling your brethren wrong who are obeying God and using Biblical discernment to gauge what others are teaching - as we are commanded to do.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
The Bible does NOT teach Christians are not to judge. What it does teach is that we are not to judge hypocritically or based on our own standards. We are to judge righteously. This is from God's Word:

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

I didn't defame Ruckman in this thread. I gave a link where quotes were given from him on this subject. Verify it - prove it right or wrong - but quit calling your brethren wrong who are obeying God and using Biblical discernment to gauge what others are teaching - as we are commanded to do.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Brother Jerry, why judge at all? I have never said or even intimated that we are not to judge - no not once, ever! What I have said (over & over again) is we should be following the Scriptural commandments; admonitions; and guidelines, when we DO judge.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

These verses do not teach that we are not to judge - but they do teach that we ought to be mighty "careful" when we do judge. My question has always been: Why be so quick to judge? Why no hesitation to condemn a fellow Christian? Is brother Peter Ruckman a "heretick" [Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;], whom we can reject out of hand? If so, say so, and prove it!

Don't you have just a little fear of God in light of the preceding verses? We are told to: "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. If you don't know the brother; have never heard him preach or teach; and have read very little of his works (and refuse to read anymore) - How can you possibly judge "Righteous Judgment"?

We know that you have a high regard for brother David Cloud (you've said so and you have posted his URL on several occasions on this Forum); and we know that brother Cloud and brother Ruckman have had a personal "feud" going between them since 1985 (Read: "What About Ruckman?" by David Cloud); Why take sides? Why join the fray?

Brother Cloud has a whole page on his website devoted to bashing brother Ruckman (interestingly enough, brother Ruckman doesn't have a whole page on his website devoted to bashing brother Cloud), do you have to continually join in the "bashing"? I suspect that most of what you "know" about brother Ruckman comes from brother Cloud (second hand) and not from brother Ruckman himself (first hand). Why can't you let "sleeping dogs lie"?

I'm "tempted" to criticize brother David Cloud (because of some of his writings and "attitude"), but I forbear because I don't know him or his writings that well and I can't see how its very "edifying" (to anyone) to criticize or condemn a fellow brother in Christ (although there are occasions where admonishing; reproving; or rebuking a brother in Christ may be appropriate.)

Mark 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Luke 9:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Someday (Soon I hope) the Lord is going to take us out of this sewer that we all live in, and He is going to transport us up to Heaven, where we are ALL going to face the "Judgment Seat of Christ". I can assure you that at that time, any sins that brother Ruckman has committed and hasn't confessed and repented of, that he will answer to the Lord - just exactly as you and I and brother Cloud will answer to the Lord for our un-confessed and un-repented of sins in our own life. 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Until then why can't we be less "critical" of brothers in Christ that we really don't know that well, and leave his judgment up to God instead.

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
jerry

Ruckman knocks Cloud in his own books.

The Bible commands us and teaches us to be discerning - to compare everything taught by anyone with the Word of God itself. I have a problem with Ruckman because some of his teachings do NOT line up with the Word of God - and out of obedience, I take note of that warn others about it.

Sorry, I don't believe in the lovey-feel good Christianity that says let everyone believe and do what they want as long as we call them our brethren. The Bible teaches us to be discerning and expose what does not line up. I am doing so. Sorry if you refuse to heed your Bible in this area.