Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
timothy

Default UFOs...

Ok, over the past month, I've read posts, especially in the Ruckman thread about some posters saying they don't believe in UFOs and questioning Ruckman's position on UFOs... I am not aware of Ruckman's position on UFOs because I haven't rea dthat material yet and would like but I do know my own position and it is this:

I believe in UFOS... as a Satan deploy to distract people away from the Lord questioning the creation account... Satan is after all the prince of power of the air now (can't find that verse right now but I know it's in there...) 2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." So with that verse in mind, just as Satan can fake an apparition of Virgin Mary, can he not fake an apparition of UFOs?

or... it could be something that God allows people to see because they rather believe a lie than a truth...

2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

People does tend to be so blind to the truth that they'd rather believe there are UFOs out there than that God had created men in the image of God which some, who profess to believe in UFOs, would tell you that's high minded. (Yet, at the same time, say nothing of the New Agers who say god is in each of us... note the lower case g by the way...)

Then again, there's the flying roll of Zechariah 5:1-4

"1. Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold
a flying roll.
2. And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a
flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten
cubits.
3. Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over
the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as
on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as
on that side according to it.
4. I will bring it forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall
enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth
falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall
consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof."
(Zechariah 5:1-4)

My point is this: as long as Satan is in control of the world, he will do anything at all, UFOs sightings, Virgin Mary apparition, or any kind of image at all, to make people doubt God and The Book. That right there is the whole point of the little green me. If you see one, shoot it.