Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:10 PM

Well if you know the owners, you probably know as much as I do. That he was a missionary, and when he retired he had always wanted to own a Bible book store. So he opened one.

I talked to his wife once for a long while, and she said making a profit was never a consideration. That they ran it for Gods glory, and to get the word into the hands of more prople.
In fact she once searched for a certain Gospel tape for me, for months. I had completely forgotten about it, and one day I got a phone call from her. She was apologizing for not being able to find it, I told her I really appreciated her effort beyond words, but I had forgotten about it. She said she never forgot, when it came to helping someone.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-27-2009, 11:02 PM
HowlerMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Well if you know the owners, you probably know as much as I do. That he was a missionary, and when he retired he had always wanted to own a Bible book store. So he opened one.

I talked to his wife once for a long while, and she said making a profit was never a consideration. That they ran it for Gods glory, and to get the word into the hands of more prople.
In fact she once searched for a certain Gospel tape for me, for months. I had completely forgotten about it, and one day I got a phone call from her. She was apologizing for not being able to find it, I told her I really appreciated her effort beyond words, but I had forgotten about it. She said she never forgot, when it came to helping someone.
Sounds like you know them as well as I do. They are great people and they have an obvious passion for the Bible. I should add that the new owners seem nice as well and I wish them success.