Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Hello Bro. Parrish,
I do not believe that I would accept anyone into my house with false doctrine at a time my children are around. Not even my wife for that due to the fact she does not appreciate doctrinal debates as I do. I have learned that doctrinal debates get you nowhere with JW's because accepting your thoughts could get them excommunacated from their church. This would automatically disqualify them for being one of the chosen. That is another doctrinal issue they are way wrong on. I have yet to meet any JW that fits the Biblical qualifications to being one of the 144,000. I do have compasion for them that are decieved. How else will they hear. I feel, I know felings are not a true source for right and wrong, that when given the opportunity to witness to them I should. I pray for the Lord to put people in my path and He does. I am very firm in my faith. I have placed all my hope in the Word. There has got to be more to 2 John 1: 9-11. I know I do not bid them Gods speed, recieving into ones house is another issue. When Jesus instructed the disiples how to minister it was not door to door. They were to stay with that person to the point where they would no longer be able to speak to them anymore about there salvation. Then if they refused you you shook the dust off of your feet and went to the next place. there was also criteria as to whom they were to seek out to minister to. I do not recieve them into my house to stay or even meet my family. I could be wrong but I also have family members involded in false religions. I can get confused on how to handle this. Thank God I get to just trust Him and ask for His guidance as to who I can help or not. Maybe Satan would send someone to my door to try and weaken my faith in God. Good luck with that. I guess I am asking for more references as to how the christain should respond. I will be back with more after I find some scripture refering to how Jesus ministered to those teaching false doctrine. How about the Pharissee, I know he wasnt inited into Jesus' house was he. Gonna be hard to do being that Jesus didnt own a home.