General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:22 AM

Default One for Jassy

Hi Jassy - I was just reading one of oyr posts and thought to myself that you might find these two links of interest. That is unless you have already seen them.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils...sm_is_evil.htm

http://www.cbmw.org/

God bless

PaulB
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-18-2009, 07:03 AM

Jassy,

Please be forewarned of the extremism of the Jesus-is-savior.com web site. there are some good things but over all they are extreme.

Also be forewarned that the www.cbmw.org does not use the KJV or give you the option to have that version when you view their site. what that means is they do not believe the KJB is inerrant, preserved, whole and inspired word of God. and have to use other perversions to make their points in their books and articles.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:45 AM

Default Chette777

Thanks Chette – I am fully aware of your points on both sites. I don’t stand with everything that everyone says on every site that I post as a link, but I post them to express a given point that I haven’t seen elsewhere.

As much as I love and am grounded in the KJB it isn’t always possible to find a site that speaks out against the evils of things like feminism. I’m sure that they are out there but the two I posted were given to add to Jassy’s point in a previous post.

Feminism is a deadly evil that has infiltrated the church and is now behind the productions of many bible versions with the aim of seducing ‘would be’ godly women into further its demon driven causes.

I don’t see anything that is too extreme on the pages that I have posted, as they both show how militantly opposed to the image of God this anti-Christian spirit is.

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-18-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Hi Jassy - I was just reading one of oyr posts and thought to myself that you might find these two links of interest. That is unless you have already seen them.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils...sm_is_evil.htm

http://www.cbmw.org/

God bless

PaulB
Hi Brother PaulB,

Thanks for the links, brother. Which post of mine were you reading and referring to?

I disagree with "feminism" for women. It is doctrine of the devil - to pull the woman out of her natural role, and give her manly attitude and "rights." It isn't godly at all.

I'll take a look at the other website regarding the roles of men and women. I do believe that the LORD has made those roles very clear in His Word.

Do you see me overstepping boundaries as a woman? I don't want to be in error.

Jassy
Old 07-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Jassy,

Please be forewarned of the extremism of the Jesus-is-savior.com web site. there are some good things but over all they are extreme.

Also be forewarned that the www.cbmw.org does not use the KJV or give you the option to have that version when you view their site. what that means is they do not believe the KJB is inerrant, preserved, whole and inspired word of God. and have to use other perversions to make their points in their books and articles.
Brother Chette,

Thank you for the warning. That is appreciated. I really see that the brothers here care about the sisters in the Lord. It is a wonderful example for me, when I see that.

Jassy
Old 07-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Default Hi Jassy

The post that I was referring to was the one on the last page of an article posted by Winman – I think that it was called “dispensational truth or error”.

Please don’t worry I wasn’t suggesting that you are in any error in any way, I just thought that your comments were fascinating and that you may find something on the links of particular interest to you.

Hope they are of good use in some way

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Ruckman has some good articles on Feminism. I just don't know where to locat them. but in his past Bulletins he had articles on it.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
The post that I was referring to was the one on the last page of an article posted by Winman – I think that it was called “dispensational truth or error”.

Please don’t worry I wasn’t suggesting that you are in any error in any way, I just thought that your comments were fascinating and that you may find something on the links of particular interest to you.

Hope they are of good use in some way

God bless

PaulB
Brother PaulB,

Thank you for your kind words. I tend to stick with things that are KJVO. Some Christians believe that I am limiting myself by doing that... but that's their opinion. I believe that they are limiting themselves by inviting other corrupted versions into their life. So, whenever I see a website that quotes (and, therefore, promotes) a NON-KJV Bible, I steer clear. That's just my own way of protecting myself from error.

I've been enjoying your posts brother!

Jassy
Old 07-19-2009, 03:05 PM

Default Thanks Jassy

I understand your position and have no intention of attempting to push you in another direction. It is just so difficult to find the same content about issues such as the evils of feminism on KJB sites.

If there were such a site then I would do exactly what you are doing and stay clear of the rest. I suppose that it is in my heart to find the best things that I can that will either help or interest others. I won't post anything on this forum with the motive of pushing my own views or putting those of another down because I am not on here for that purpose.

Yes I do have strong convictions and I try hard to get to the bottom of them which is the main reason that I am on this forum (To give and to learn on issues about the KJB).

Doctrines like the theory of evolution are things we all have to fight against as believers and thank God that men like Kent Hovind (a KJB believer) is out there on the web. But that is not the case with every spirit that is infiltrating the church.

Anyhow, someone else may benefit from those links (we never know how the Lord will work!)

God bless you for your kind spirit

PaulB
Old 07-19-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I understand your position and have no intention of attempting to push you in another direction. It is just so difficult to find the same content about issues such as the evils of feminism on KJB sites.

If there were such a site then I would do exactly what you are doing and stay clear of the rest. I suppose that it is in my heart to find the best things that I can that will either help or interest others. I won't post anything on this forum with the motive of pushing my own views or putting those of another down because I am not on here for that purpose.

Yes I do have strong convictions and I try hard to get to the bottom of them which is the main reason that I am on this forum (To give and to learn on issues about the KJB).

Doctrines like the theory of evolution are things we all have to fight against as believers and thank God that men like Kent Hovind (a KJB believer) is out there on the web. But that is not the case with every spirit that is infiltrating the church.

Anyhow, someone else may benefit from those links (we never know how the Lord will work!)

God bless you for your kind spirit

PaulB
PaulB - There is so much information out there, brother. So it is helpful when someone provides some links that they feel might be beneficial. I know that your intent was an excellent one. I don't doubt that.

I really appreciate Kent Hovind also - and I'm so glad that he is a KJV believer. He has a great website.

Yes, there are so many false doctrines that we need to fight against. As believers in the present-day world, I think we tend to think that we are seeing NEW and HORRIFIC perversions of the truth. However, the apostle Paul was very clear that those things were already present in his day. Satan has always been seeking to destroy the truth. So, we're not really fighting against anything new.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 - For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

1 Timothy 5:15 - For some are already turned aside after Satan.

2 Timothy 2:18 - Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is already; and overthrow the faith of some.

So there were already doctrines that were in error which were being brought into the churches in Paul's day. Today that is very easy to see. Many churches are full of doctrinal error. Sad to say, I believe the Calvinist view to be in error. I have sought to follow the Word of God, and not a minister or a church denomination.

Being Deaf, I also have to consider websites that are primarily text-based and not video-based. I've been disappointed to see that many ministers will post only audio or video files of sermons. Perhaps they want to prevent plaguerism, which is understandable.

I enjoy reading a lot of the "old-time" ministers, many of whom were KJB-only.
This website has a mix of both text and audio: http://www.sermonindex.net/. And this one presents old-time Gospel preachers: http://www.theoldtimegospel.org/stud...ach_index.html.

Maybe that will be good research for me to do - to find websites that uplift the KJV only stance and provide answers from the Bible to our present-day concerns.

I've always been rather old-fashioned and have believed in the biblical view of marriage, the home, the roles of man and woman, etc. You might find Forrest's new thread on Keepers at Home to be interesting: http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1482.

I think that, in today's world, it's becoming very difficult for a woman to remain at home and for a family to have enough income to be able to do so. But I would rather live more simply and be able to do that, than to have 2 incomes and live more lavishly. I don't think the money matters. It's really what you SERVE that matters. But Forrest is asking for those "with daughters" to reply. Since I have no such experience, I really can't post my comments there. What about you?

Another thing I am wondering is how life is the same or different in various parts of the world. I wonder which areas are seeing the apostasy more than we are here in the USA. I don't know your location. I have Christian friends all over the world and have always been curious about the current state of things where they are. Now I'm getting off-topic!!

I'm enjoying your posts and the Christian conversation. Iron sharpens iron.

Jassy