Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:11 AM

I agree that the book in paper form will always be there, and will be needed in that form.
E-Bibles and Bible software (such as, of course, Swordsearcher) are so helpful in Bible study, but I believe Bibles in paper form will still be necessary, especially in cases of brownouts!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 AM

Brother Fred,
You may want to try this after downloading the 30-day trial. I've tried this before and it works!

From the FAQ page of the Swordsearcher website: http://www.swordsearcher.com/faq.html

I like SwordSearcher and want to continue using the download version, but I can't afford to pay for it. Can you help?
Although we rely on the sale of SwordSearcher to support our family, we do not want someone's inability to pay for it to prevent them from enriching their Bible study with SwordSearcher. So if you cannot afford to purchase the CD-ROM, email your request for a "free registration," which will allow you to use the download version indefinitely with no further obligation. No explanation of your situation is needed, just tell us that you are requesting a free registration. All we ask in return is that you tell others about SwordSearcher and encourage them to try it out. Please note: a free registration serial number disables the evaluation reminder in the program and allows it to be used beyond the trial period. There is no "locked content" to activate. In order to have the complete Deluxe version library or use third-party modules, you will need to purchase the Deluxe version.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
I agree that the book in paper form will always be there, and will be needed in that form.
E-Bibles and Bible software (such as, of course, Swordsearcher) are so helpful in Bible study, but I believe Bibles in paper form will still be necessary, especially in cases of brownouts!
Very true, no electric power required to read God's Book.
No one is throwing away their leather covered KJV's.
We can't have the power company and servers controlling the Word!
Computers and the internet are worthless without the grid.
God's power is not confined by 120 volts...

Here's one that's SOLAR POWERED:
http://christianmediainternational.c...ducts/mp3.html

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-10-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 PM

Default I love the book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Very true, no electric power required to read God's Book.
No one is throwing away their leather covered KJV's.
We can't have the power company and servers controlling the Word!
Computers and the internet are worthless without the grid.
God's power is not confined by 120 volts...

Here's one that's SOLAR POWERED:
http://christianmediainternational.c...ducts/mp3.html
Thanks also to Bible Student at least he gives me the idea about Sword Searcher, i'll try it later. Thanks also be given to our kind administrator.
Bro. Parrish, yea there's no really a substitute to the my old, soiled KJV. Be it dusty, I can still hold them in my hands and can readily present the Word of God to a hungry child of God and to those that are perishing needing salvation.

Jude 25
Old 04-10-2009, 02:28 PM

Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of that.
Sorry, Mr. Staggs. I checked out some of the swordsearcher video, looks good.
Blessings and Happy Resurrection Day.

1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN G View Post
Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of that.
Sorry, Mr. Staggs. I checked out some of the swordsearcher video, looks good.
Blessings and Happy Resurrection Day.

1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
No problem, I have used both and I just love using swordsearcher as an accompaniment to my Bible devotion and Study.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
No problem, I have used both and I just love using swordsearcher as an accompaniment to my Bible devotion and Study.
I have a slight learning disablity that's ADD related, I find a computer bible program works best for me when I am engaged in really in depth research, and no finer program is out there than Brandon's Sword Searcher. I have the free E-Sword because I have the NIV, HCSB, NAB, New Jerusalem Bible, and Jehovah's Witnesses NWT, etc., on it for version comparisons in corruption issues. It was on this computer when it was given to me. Through the kind charity of God and another Christian I have the full version of Sword Searcher now and truly I have spent the better part of 4 days after getting it using it. I find the interface for the free OLB to be difficult for me to work with. When I need to pull up verses from the "versions" in use now E-Sword is helpful but there is no finer Bible program on the market, free or commercial, than Brandon's Sword Searcher. It's very intuitive to learn and well worth the money and as soon as I get back on my financial feet I am going to buy copies and give them away.

The one thing Satan would like to see is that publishing avenues become concentrated into one format, it's easier to control. In Russia the Bible, political news, and news in general was published by millions of people typing copies and passing it on, since copy machines were strictly controlled. This was called sazmizdat publishing. I've notced many fundamentalist Christians are a bit on the militant side and advocate hoarding firearms and ammunition and food. Two I'll add to that: printer paper and ink cartridges along with the Spam and bullets. The major struggle in the end times will be between Anti-Judaism(Islam) and Anti-Christianity(Roman Catholicism) and as soon as either get a toehold on the political and social bloodstream of this country, look out. As soon as the Muslim population in this country reaches a volume where they can assert their Mullah's wishes, we'll be producing the Scriptures ourselves. I've seen whole copies of the Bible written in Russian from the gulags and concentrations camps produced on toilet paper.

Sword Searcher rocks friends, I've tried them all(BibleMax, BiblesPro, etc.), SS is unsurpassed.

He is risen

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 AM

Hi folks,

The only thing I could see God not appreciating about the online Bibles is the very shortcoming they have caused in my study life:
I use word and phrase searches, which is great, but it makes me lazy, and I remember less than had I been searching for it myself amid the Book's pages.
Granted, it greatly accelerates study, and helps with comparissons but still reduces the amount of time I spend pouring over the pages.
There is something more convicting about reading the words off a page than a screen, they seem to stick better.

Anyways, I use eSword and whenever on the go or at work, I use the Blue letter Bible (with KJV selected, of course).
http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm

I think I tried Sword Searcher back when I first joined this forum, but wasn't immediately hooked on it, perhaps I should have another look at it.

There is this other thing I've always wanted to buy, for those times when your nowhere near a computer, and your memory fails you to locate a specific verse you are thinking of:

http://www.thekjvstore.com/product_d...mcid=1&pgid=64

Its pretty sweet, you can put in your own SD card, and use this thing to listen to the Bible being read, either with earphones, or out loud via a speaker. Yoou can load up your owwn ebooks, audio files or even video.
If I wasn't so tightly budgeted, I'd have one by now.

But ultimately, all is vanity, there is no excuse for me to not spend more and more time in the old Book.

~Brian

Last edited by BornAgainBibleBeliever514; 04-14-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: typos
Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainBibleBeliever514 View Post
There is this other thing I've always wanted to buy, for those times when your nowhere near a computer, and your memory fails you to locate a specific verse you are thinking of:

http://www.thekjvstore.com/product_d...mcid=1&pgid=64

Its pretty sweet, you can put in your own SD card, and use this thing to listen to the Bible being read, either with earphones, or out loud via a speaker. Yoou can load up your owwn ebooks, audio files or even video.
If I wasn't so tightly budgeted, I'd have one by now.
We reviewed one of these. I found the interface very clunky. You are limited to one verse at a time during "reading". I don't think I liked how quickly the battery went out.There were other things too I don't remember now. Still, it is handy for a pocket size quick search/Bible and the audio feature is a nice touch.

What I want one day is a decent program for one of those "fancy phones".

Last edited by JaeByrd; 04-15-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:15 PM

Yeah, I have a Dell Axim x50 running Windows CE ( I think ), and the only use I had it for was to hopefully get a good Bible software for it, but I never found one. I'm glad to hear of a review on the WoWBible, before shelling out the 150 bux!

Anyone have any good pocket-PC Bible softwares?