General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:43 AM

Default New here & brief intro

Hi all! I am looking forward to getting involved in the discussions and getting to know fellow Bible-Believers.

I am a stay at home wife and mom and home-school teacher to our 5 children.
We are Baptist in doctrine and some would consider us "Ruckmanite" in our stand on the Bible. We are trying to live separate from this world and hold to "old fashioned" standards. It concerns and saddens us to see how Christians these days are welcoming the world into their lives with open arms. And for this reason we possibly go too much the opposite direction to avoid this.

My husband is the Assistant Pastor at our Bible Baptist Church. I play the piano to fill a need in the church (not because I am any good!). We are the youth leaders and we both teach Sunday School and Children's Church.

I was raised in an IFB church, went to the church's Christian school, then later was homeschooled. I was saved at the age of 4, rededicated my life at 13 in a revival service preached by Peter Accardi.
I met my husband at the church his Dad pastored. He had just graduated Bob Jones University and was considering Bible school when we met.
Shortly thereafter he moved to Pensacola to attend PBI and learn the Bible under Dr. Ruckman. Having just graduated BJU they were a little suspicious of him thinking he was a spy! LoL But quickly realized he was not.
We married after his 2nd yr and I was privileged to attend the church and classes for a couple of years. Being just 18 at the time I only regret that I didn't realize what a blessing that was and took it for granted.

Fast forward 15 years and here we are.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Amanda
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-16-2009, 10:27 AM

Default Re: " New here & brief intro"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
Hi all! I am looking forward to getting involved in the discussions and getting to know fellow Bible-Believers.

I am a stay at home wife and mom and home-school teacher to our 5 children.
We are Baptist in doctrine and some would consider us "Ruckmanite" in our stand on the Bible. We are trying to live separate from this world and hold to "old fashioned" standards. It concerns and saddens us to see how Christians these days are welcoming the world into their lives with open arms. And for this reason we possibly go too much the opposite direction to avoid this.

My husband is the Assistant Pastor at our Bible Baptist Church. I play the piano to fill a need in the church (not because I am any good!). We are the youth leaders and we both teach Sunday School and Children's Church.

I was raised in an IFB church, went to the church's Christian school, then later was homeschooled. I was saved at the age of 4, rededicated my life at 13 in a revival service preached by Peter Accardi.
I met my husband at the church his Dad pastored. He had just graduated Bob Jones University and was considering Bible school when we met.
Shortly thereafter he moved to Pensacola to attend PBI and learn the Bible under Dr. Ruckman. Having just graduated BJU they were a little suspicious of him thinking he was a spy! LoL But quickly realized he was not.
We married after his 2nd yr and I was privileged to attend the church and classes for a couple of years. Being just 18 at the time I only regret that I didn't realize what a blessing that was and took it for granted.

Fast forward 15 years and here we are.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Amanda

Aloha sister Amanda,

Welcome on board! We are quite an "eclectic" group here, but we appreciate genuine Bible believers (of different "persuasions").

I myself first read some of brother Ruckman's books back in 1968 (back in the "dark ages" ), and in 1973 we got to see and hear him preach and teach when he came out to the Koolau Baptist Church in Hawaii.

Initially, I spent approximately 500 hours checking out the "Which Bible" issue, after which I became a genuine Bible believer. Fast forward 40 years (and 12,000 -15,000 hours study on the "Which Bible" issue) and I am more convinced of the perfection, inspiration, and Holiness of the King James Bible than ever. {See my Link "Why I believe in the King James Bible: http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...78&postcount=1}

Many of us (some more than others) appreciate brother Ruckman's ministry, but since he is just a man, we do not "idolize" him, nor do we always agree with him on every Scriptural issue. What we do not appreciate is when some of the "brethren" have unduly criticized him; or mis-quoted him; or taken his words out of context (as the "brethren" are known to do every so often).

I have defended brother Ruckman when I believe that he is "right" on a Biblical issue; and where I believe he is "wrong", I will state so (but without animosity or malice).

Anyway - Welcome to the AV1611 Bible Forums. I hope your stay here will be both enjoyable and edifying.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:40 AM

Default Welcome Amanda

Hello Amanda - It is truly a pleasure to hear of such godly couple like yourselves, I wish the church was made up of more of you!

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and make many new friends.

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-16-2009, 12:13 PM

Welcome to the forum, Amanda! I have friends who home school their two young boys and I know how busy it keeps them. I admire your faithfulness in homeschooling five children!

May God bless you,

Jennifer
Old 07-16-2009, 12:33 PM

Welcome to the forum Amanda!

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
~ Jesus Christ {John 15}

God is so Awesome!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 PM

Welcome Sister, may this board edify you and glorify the Saviour through your posts.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:51 PM

Thank you all for the welcomes!

George, I appreciate your stand on the Word of God. I also agree with you regarding idolizing a mere human robed in flesh. He is a phenomenal Bible scholar, but I do not hold him on a pedestal nor would he want us to. I do not agree with everything he says or does, but I respect and love him for what he has taught and done for our family and friends.
There are many men of God that have helped me in my learning of the Bible and surprisingly (and sadly) these men would not ever put themselves in the same room or category with each other.
David Cloud is a man that has greatly helped me in my Christian walk and yet he blasts Doc and vice versa...yet I believe them both to be men of God. Sad, but a bit humerous at the same time!
So looking forward to heaven and the conversation around the Marriage Supper

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM

Welcome, Sister!
God bless you and your family as you serve the LORD both at home and church. I am glad to read of a BJU grad whose faith in the Word of God was not diluted.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Welcome to you Sister Amanda!

I'm happy to have another sister join the forum! I've been here since May, so I am relatively new myself. I have great admiration for those who homeschool their children. I knew a family with 6 children and they homeschooled all of them. They went to a small independent Bible-believing church. Now the oldest daughter is married and has her own little pre-school children. I know she is loving her role as a Mom!

I also know a farm family with 8 children and they homeschool all of their children.

Homeschooling sets such a wonderful example, teaching children from the Word of God, rather than from secular humanistic viewpoints, including the false evolution "science" teachings.

Glad to have you here and I look forward to your posts.

Jassy
Old 07-16-2009, 09:19 PM

Welcome to you Sister!

This family is growing even since I joined last week.

Blessings to you and your family in the name of Jesus Christ.

Brother-Smith