General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomtheCat View Post
Bill,

Hello from myself .... here is a list of churches in the Vegas Valley that claim bible believing I have been to 3 of them.

Desert Storm Baptist Church, Pastor Chuck Schlink, 538 S. Martin L. King Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89107 (702-471-0072 or
702-459-9457) ...... this one church I have talked with the pastor and he is supported by our church which is one of the biggest KJV only church in the west. (He is from our church I believe) have not been here yet...

Bible Baptist Church, Pastor Pete McKenzie, 2238 Sandy Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89115 (702-452-2622)

Paradise Bible Baptist Church, Pastor Mike Matijevich, 2525 Emerson Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89121 (702-732-8555)

Lighthouse Baptist Church, Pastor Ernie Carrillo, 975 American Pacific Drive, Henderson, NV, 89015 (702 274-2480)

Enjoy the forum
I've been to the last three of those... and I'd say that Bible Baptist Church is the best choice! It's a small church, but very close-knit and they're very friendly to visitors. It's the only place in Vegas that made me feel like I wasn't in Vegas anymore when I was in there... it was great!

Lighthouse Baptist is more closely associated with the Golden State Baptist College crowd... if you don't know about it, it's like a milder version of the Hyles-Anderson College crowd, with more focus on music. The pastor there is a GSBC grad, I think.

I've only been to Paradise Baptist once, but they had canned music with drums in it while a group was singing a special... it just seemed weird to hear that in a Bible-believing Baptist church.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-01-2008, 08:19 PM

btw, TomtheCat, do you happen to go to TVBC? That's the biggest church out west that I know of. (and I grew up in Oregon, so I know a lot about churches out west... lol)
Old 12-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Vendetta Ride

Hey there, Bill, it's great to see you! And you're from Vegas? Wonderful! I used to do a little work for the Lord up in Reno: early 90's. Do the words "Home Means Nevada" ring a bell?

I think you'll like this place, and I really look forward to your comments and contributions and stuff.

Just jump in and make yourself at home!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:18 PM
TomtheCat

nope .... live in North Dakota and work 6-12 hours shift and one day off which rotates each week. Shift has been 4-5 am start time or 6pm -6am
Old 12-08-2008, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate your concern for finding a Bible Believing church. I am currently attending a United Reformed Church. They seem to be very serious about following the Bible
correctly, and I very much appreciate their sermons (not sermonettes). I have noticed that some use "Alexandrian" Bibles and from an informal conversation I think the view on inspiration is that only the original writings were inspired. I haven't yet had any conversation on the preservation of the scriptures inspiration. The most prominent leader in the URC is Michael Horton, who has several essays and papers published, mostly on the White Horse Inn website.