General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 PM

Thanx family. Im in Gods Face. Its gonna be ok. It make me sad but its gonna be ok. Im trying to learn how to Bind. The Word says whatever i bind on earth will be bound in heaven.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-01-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
Thanx family. Im in Gods Face. Its gonna be ok. It make me sad but its gonna be ok. Im trying to learn how to Bind. The Word says whatever i bind on earth will be bound in heaven.
What? Learn to bind? Are you hanging out with charismaniacs? Brother, you need to get yourself into a King James Bible believing Baptist church!!!! For the love of God!

Stephen
Old 03-01-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
What? Learn to bind? Are you hanging out with charismaniacs? Brother, you need to get yourself into a King James Bible believing Baptist church!!!! For the love of God!

Stephen
Grace, Bro. Stephen, grace.

MrSmith, "binding" is a specifically Apostolic gift that was done away with during the book of Acts, along with Prophesy (for the most part, other than John and Revelation), Healing and Speaking in Tongues. The "binding" was given to Peter who at the time held the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, but when the Jews rejected Christ one last time at the stoning of Stephen, God completely revoked His plan to deal exclusively with Israel at that time and included the Gentiles and made them a part of His body, the Church.

I do agree with Bro. Stephen, though: you really, really need to find a good King James Bible believing church, get in, stay in, and let the Holy Spirit ground you in the knowledge of Christ and the Book.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:48 PM

Thanks. Just found out. this forum isnt the place I need to be. Thats all I use is the king James Version. Sorry to say that I still believe that God didnt do away with any gift he offers His children. Than for all your conversation. To God be the glory for each and everything great.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Just found out. this forum isnt the place I need to be. Thats all I use is the king James Version. Sorry to say that I still believe that God didnt do away with any gift he offers His children. Than for all your conversation. To God be the glory for each and everything great.
Brother, I would be careful: you must learn to Rightly Divide the Bible (2 Tim. 2:15) and understand where doctrine lines up in scripture and to whom it applies. God didn't tell you to build a boat (Genesis 6), nor did He tell you to sacrifice a lamb on an altar, so taking His command to a group of pork-abstaining, circumcised, temple-worshiping Jews to heal, cast out demons and "bind" doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

This is neither the time nor the place to get into all the doctrinal nitty gritties, as you're having a rough time of it, but the Sign Gifts were only to and for the Jews: every time that something like that happened, there was a Jew present, and God was using that occurrence to teach that Jew something. If you'll stick around, perhaps Bro. George, Bro. Parrish, myself and others can show you where the sign gifts fit into the Biblical timeline, but I understand that now might not be the best time to get into all that.

God bless you brother, and I hope that you make it back by God's grace.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Oh come on now MrSmith, don't be so thin skinned. You must understand my frustration. I've prayed for you and your wife every night on my face, hoping God would direct you to brothers that can help you grow in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. We all have invested a lot of time trying to help you get the answers you need. Then you come around and say that you're learning to bind! Next, you'll be telling us you can heal and speak in tongues and pick up rattle snakes. We need to hear from you that you are actually listening to what we're saying to you here. You've come to these forums and poured out your heart to us on your marriage difficulties, and not one of us told you that this wasn't the place to be doing so. We all recieved you, loved you, and tried to guide you along. But you've not reciprocated ONE BIT by heeding the wise words some of the other brethren have given you. You can ignore me, that's fine. I'm just a young buck that doesn't know what he's talking about. But what I do know is that I love and care for you and your family. I have chosen every word I've written very carefully so as to get you to make the changes in your life that you need to make in order to grow in Christ.

*sigh*

You frustrated prayer servant in Christ,
Stephen
Old 03-25-2009, 04:11 PM

Mr. Smith, might be into New age Religion.
Many people are following these Church's that have changed.
It's terrible that preachers lead their flock in the wrong way.
I pray God would strike down those preachers.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:59 PM

Seems he may be looking for something to stimulate his emotions in a more positive way that would explain why might be involved in one of these neo evangelical name it and claim it Jesusize (jazzersizre) adrenaline pumped up churches.

Here too, they have the people trapped in what I term as an addiction to extremism. most these people have to have devils cast out every few months, they are emotional wrecks and not very stable mentally and a majority of the church members of this one group are like that.

I am praying for those who fall away to find our church.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Seems he may be looking for something to stimulate his emotions in a more positive way that would explain why might be involved in one of these neo evangelical name it and claim it Jesusize (jazzersizre) adrenaline pumped up churches.

Here too, they have the people trapped in what I term as an addiction to extremism. most these people have to have devils cast out every few months, they are emotional wrecks and not very stable mentally and a majority of the church members of this one group are like that.

I am praying for those who fall away to find our church.
I too will pray for them Brother, the emotional state that people are left in after a Charismatic meeting is quite frightening and alarmingly similar to that of a drug induced high at a concert or club, with the high comes a low, an emotionally (and spiritually) drained feeling, we go to Church to be in fellowship and to Worship God and his Holy Word and leave filled, not to leave in an emotional mess. I can clearly see satans hand in those churches / meetings, I pray that those entrenched in it may also have their eyes opened to it.