General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:49 PM
BroBill

Default Hello!

Just joined, would like to say GOD bless and hello !
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-19-2009, 09:14 AM

Default Hello!

Welcome!! BroBill

Glad you joined the forum!! Tell us a little bit about yourself, how you found us...your testimony

Billie
Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 AM

BroBill!!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Forum Administrator

Hi BroBill,

Please change your avatar. Many of the folks around here (myself included) don't want to see someone literally stepping on the Book.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:29 AM

Hello back to you, and welcome.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
BroBill

Thank you dear brothers for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Hi BroBill,

Please change your avatar. Many of the folks around here (myself included) don't want to see someone literally stepping on the Book.
As far as my avatar goes, I'm very curious why you ask this of me brother? I don't mean to offend, but it represents my heart in regards to HIS WORD!
"Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope." Psalms 119:116
It represents the message which I was called of the LORD to preach to the many churches out there whose beacon lights are but a shimmer in these dark times....when they ought to be a blazing glow of HIS Glory upon this earth! Many choose to stand on the church floors, the ever crumbling earth, and all sorts of other footing which shall eventually pass away! But as for me my beloved brothers....I will stand upon the WORD of GOD, and nothing else..!!! It's a symbolic gesture which has many times lead many people (even CHRISTians) to ask why, and therefore opening the door to minister the very WORD on which I stand!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:05 PM

I don't see how one must literally stand upon the pages of the word of God in order to "Stand on the promises." It seems very much to be an affront to the Scriptures; in fact, the notorious Jim Jones is reported to have done this very thing, only his standing on the Book was to show that his interpretation was more important than the Bible itself. We all know how THAT mess wound up.

I agree: while I don't find it "offensive" (Ps. 119:165), I am bothered by the idea of someone placing their feet upon God's perfect words in that manner, especially in shoes (Ex. 3:5).
Old 01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Forum Administrator

You can symbolically stand on God's word without stepping on it!

The Bible already says of itself the regard we are to have for Scripture and compares a lack of interest in God's word with letting them fall to the ground:
1 Samuel 3:19 And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.

Please reconsider. I really don't want to have to exercise moderator duties over an avatar.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:53 PM
BroBill

Well my brother, for the sake of further speaking on the scriptures, in all love! The scripture you quoted had nothing to do with reverence towards the scriptures (which at the time would have been the books of Moses). It was a testimony that the LORD was with Samuel, and what ever Samuel said came to pass, and he was known in the surrounding area as a prophet of the LORD in Israel (" And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the LORD." I Samuel 3:20).
If my standing on a copy of the Bible bothers you, and you don't know why, then just say it bothers you and you don't know why! Even if your reason is personal and not backed by scripture, you can also say that. If you want to delete my avatar, you obviously can also do that as the moderator.....but please pray about your reasoning first!
Just think....I literally stand on the Bible as a symbol of the WORD of GOD being able to support me in this life completely, just as the the children of Israel were instructed to literally write the Law of GOD on their door posts, and to bind them upon their hands, so they wouldn't forget
"Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates" (Deuteronomy 11:18-20)
Again, if we read Deuteronomy 9:17 "And I took the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes."
and in chapter 10:2 "And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark." We see that GOD didn't punish Moses for literally breaking HIS written commandment......HE made him another set...Praise GOD for goodness and mercy!!!
Also, the Bible in the picture...it's a Scolfield study Bible that I have had for over 10 years, and for all the countless times I've stood upon it, it's still in great shape!

In CHRIST brother, I love the WORD of GOD with as much as is in me, and I strive to "hide it in my heart"! I joined this forum to fellowship about the goodness of GOD, and LORD willing as HIS SPIRIT leads, to be taught and perhaps teach!! To find uncompromised scriptural fellowship with those that would be as "Iron sharpening Iron"!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroBill View Post
The scripture you quoted had nothing to do with reverence towards the scriptures (which at the time would have been the books of Moses).
Are you kidding me? Interesting, isn't it, how you can use "standing on the word" to support your picture of you stepping on the Bible but the verse I quoted has no bearing on it at all.

Okay, I'll remove your avatar for you. I was hoping you'd do it yourself.

As for "why it bothers me," I don't have to tell you "I don't know why." It bothers me because you're stepping on the Bible.

Quote:
just as the the children of Israel were instructed to literally write the Law of GOD on their door posts, and to bind them upon their hands, so they wouldn't forget
Please, feel free to write verses on your door posts, or even in your forum signature.

You've said twice what your justification is for stepping on the Bible. We get it. But you should be willing, out of respect for the rest of us who don't appreciate seeing their Book stepped on like a rug, to use a different picture on the forum.