Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Pastor Mikie

Sorry about that chief...

I didn't mean to create a conflict of interest. I should have paid more attention to who was sponsoring this forum. Please forgive me.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
Sorry about that chief...
Not a problem at all.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 PM
ploughboy

Default Swordsearchers The best

I have had many Bible programs. I have had many of the free ones. I have dumped most of them. The best by far is Sword Searchers. At least I know the philosophy is biased upon the King James Bibles as the preserved word of God, worth every penny... Get it now you won’t be sorry.
Hay, maybe crudens will show up in the near future. Hint Hint

Ploughboy
Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploughboy View Post
Hay, maybe crudens will show up in the near future. Hint Hint
I'm not sure I understand what Cruden's Concordance has that you don't already get with a simple Bible search in any Bible software. I took a look at my Cruden's, and it's just a simple concordance, as far as I can tell. Hitting F2 in SwordSearcher and doing a search for any word gets the same result, doesn't it? What am I missing?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I have never heard that about Strong and would love some actual documentation on that. Thayer was a Unitarian, who did not believe in the deity of Christ.
Aloha brother jerry,

Check out http://www.preservedwords.com/.

Brother Tim Mortan has an excellent article: "The Weakness of Strong" that may answer some of your questions.

I have used Young's and Strong's Concordances (until Swordsearcher came along) for over 40 years. but I never used them as a Dictionary - not once.

For most "Old English" words I have used Webster's 1828 Dictionary - However, when it comes to any words that may have significant spiritual meaning I always use the Bible only (words like: soul, spirit, heart, mind, conscience, etc.). When it comes to spiritual meanings of some words Noah Webster may not have understood their meaning - because God may not have shown him.

Yours for Him and for His word,
George
Old 03-10-2008, 02:52 PM

Guys,

Here is some information about Alexander Cruden, he is the guys that made the Cruden's Bible Concordance. He seemed like an OK guy. her did have his issues. Back in those days making a concordance was not an easy task. I think he did a good job. I'd recommend Cruden's Bible Concordance to anyone. It is a good Bible tool. It is also very low cost. I like it better than Strong's Concordance. I also think he was a better man. I'd trust a proofreader and bookseller over many Professor of exegetical theology like Dr. Strong. That is just my point of view. Most all Professor's are libs and could not make it if they had to get a real job in the real world. Dr. Strong also did not do the work by himself.

Quote:
James Strong did not construct Strong's Concordance by himself; it was constructed with the effort of more than a hundred colleagues.
Alexander Cruden did all of the work. I respect that myself.

Quote:
Cruden worked alone from 7am to 1am every day and completed the bulk of the work in less than a year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Cruden

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 03-10-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:10 PM
jerry

Cruden's doesn't give definitions, does it? It also does not contain every word in the Bible. Even if someone doesn't use the lexicons at the back, Strong's is better because you can use it to find every occurence of a particular word.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:37 PM

Ploughboy:--- Hello. Let me answer your Thread Question with a quote from Dr. J. Vernon McGee of "Thru The Bible Radio"...I think it was a Saturday "Question and Answer" program. { I sure do miss the gent, but thankfully he recorded his programs.} He summed it up this way:

..."If you want to be strong in the faith---Buy a Strong's Concordance,,,

"If yaa want to be young in the faith, buy a Young's,,,

"...and if yaa want to be crude in the faith, get a Cruden's!..."

[ "Take the cookies outta tha cupboard, and putem down where the kiddies can getem..." Dr. McGee ]

{btw- to any of the "gnat-strainers" out there in internet land,,,I have downloaded the Swordsearcher...but I still prefer a book with pages.}
Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas
Alexander Cruden did all of the work. I respect that myself.
Which led to: Cruden's Clearword Revival.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Granted - but you are not going to learn much Bible truth out of a corrupt tool.
Haha, Amen Brother. One could even eat from a dumpster for some time but it's not advisable. Let us all stand fast and hold on solely to the glorious Word of God (our eternal manna from heaven), the King James Bible!

a brother in Christ Jesus,
Stephen