General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Grumpy Hillbilly

I live in a very rural area of West Virginia and I'm just amazed. Although there are no wiccans here that I know of, I have a friend I went to school with that is now a wiccan, at least one cousin that's a wiccan (lives in Jacksonville Florida but Florida people are weird anyway). This religion that I had never heard of growing up has just exploded. Do you think maybe it's because of the failure of "professional church". I believe church was meant to be interactive, not just sitting through a service and not even remembering what the preacher spoke on. IMHO.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-28-2008, 09:17 PM

It is hard for me to believe that Wiccan religion is the fastest growing,when i am surrounded by approx. 2500 Hindu's, 10 years ago i knew a person who had been into Wicca, they were introduced to this by the use of natural remedies, Herbs, in place of medications. The MuM,Hindu's are also into natural remedies and believe to be themselves a god,just like the New ager's,just a different label.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Hillbilly View Post
I live in a very rural area of West Virginia and I'm just amazed. Although there are no wiccans here that I know of, I have a friend I went to school with that is now a wiccan, at least one cousin that's a wiccan (lives in Jacksonville Florida but Florida people are weird anyway). This religion that I had never heard of growing up has just exploded. Do you think maybe it's because of the failure of "professional church". I believe church was meant to be interactive, not just sitting through a service and not even remembering what the preacher spoke on. IMHO.
I think it's just a sign of the end times, Grumpy.

Oh, I agree that the 'church' has really gotten slack, but I wouldn't blame the increase in wiccans on the 'church', in general, just as I wouldn't blame the increase in promiscuity and abominations on lazy preachers, either.