General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Default Yoked to Jesus

You know, from a personal point of view, from a heartfelt point of view, I sometimes get ahead of myself in my Love for Christ and his Word. I really want to reach out to others and help them in some way through what I may say. You all only know me as words on a screen, we all really know each other as words on a screen. I replied to a post a while back and through the Spirit I stopped and reflected. I pray before I answer ANY post on this forum, I pray that I answer In humility, humbly and in love but most importantly I pray that I answer guided by the Holy Spirit. Lately through some posts I have been getting away ahead of myself and almost brought myself to tears in frustration over misused scripture. Now I do not claim to know a lot or be blessed with wisdom as some are on the forum, but I do humbly understand that that wisdom comes from years of study. What I am trying to say is, Jesus pulled the reigns and told me to slow down, have patience and not get ahead of myself. He assured me that the willingness I have in my life to learn from his word and to keep changing my Life day by day, putting the old me behind, putting my old ways behind. He was letting me know that although I am not yet free from Sin, He will help me to deal with the sin in my life If only I come to him knowing I am nothing without him. What a Saviour! I AM nothing without him!
Walking through a car park with my Neice I held her hand, when she got to far behind I gently pulled her beside me and when she got to far ahead I again gently pulled her beside me, the Love and protective nature I felt for her told me to keep her close and keep her safe. How much MORE love and protection does my Father in heaven hold for me when I fall behind or get to far ahead nearing danger.
My Wretched Sinners Soul is Bought and payed for By Christ's Blood on the Cross, I am yoked together with Him forever and no man will EVER tell me different.

I just had to share that because some people are making salvation out to be a competition, some kind of event with only super believers taking part. I LOVE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL, I can do nothing without Him and I can do all things through Him which strengthen me. Nothing is for me or of me, Its all of Him and For Him. I just pray that I find favor in MY Saviour's Eyes, and that he continues to Edify me with his word through those who stay true to his word. Come soon Lord Jesus.

In My Saviour's name, The LORD Jesus Christ
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 PM

Amen! Thanks for sharing your heart, dear brother.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:12 PM

Matthew 11:29-30 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Praise the Lord for His infinite Mercy and care!