Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
"verse 2 shows a world in a state of judgment"

or rather than that view:
Just to be clear, I am not attempting to advocate the gap theory. I am currently studying it out.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-30-2008, 10:25 AM

My own research on the subject is very limited. I tend to take the most simplistic approach to Bible interpretation first. There is no indication in the text of a gap. Second, I depend greatly on my gut feeling ("Holy Spirit urging") when a doctrine is posited. In this case, a little red flag pops up. It seems to me that this is an attempt to reconcile secular science (read evolution) and the Scriptures. Just as it takes a greater than average faith to believe that God has perfectly and exactly preserved His every word so that I can hold it in my hand and read it, it also takes great faith to confront and reject the "proofs" of science about the age of the universe/earth, and hold fast to the plain truth of the Scriptures.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:14 PM

Here is a post from David F. Reagan's Article: To Gap or Not to Gap:

Objection Three: The Gap is an Accommodation to Godless Geology

I admit that many of the early proponents of the gap compromised with modern science in their beliefs and teachings. They used the gap to explain the geological ages, the fossil record and the existence of dinosaur skeletons. Obviously, this was wrong.

There is no reason to bow to modern science in any of these areas. Creation with apparent age (meaning things looked mature at the time of creation just as Adam was created as a mature adult and not as a baby) and Noah’s flood could easily explain the geological structures as we have them. However, a weak argument in favor of a position is no reason to reject it. The gap I am talking about is not a scientific accommodation but a biblical doctrine.

http://www.learnthebible.org/gap_or_not.htm
Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 AM
John316

Quote:
II. A Bible believer is someone who believes the Bible literally!
Wow you are amazing!!!!
How are able to type without any hands or even see what you're doing!!!
I hope you dont mind me asking, but how do you go about getting around the world when you have no feet to walk on, no eyes to see with, no hands to assist somehow and no tongue to speak when you need assistance from others?!

Oh, you DO have eyes?
You DO have feet??
you DO have hands???
you DO have a tongue????

Are you a sinless man?
Obviously not, we are all filthy sinners.

So why havent you cut and plucked off and out all of those respective parts of your body when you sinned with them as Jesus stated in Matthew chp 5?

I thought a reall bible believer was a literal believer?

Sorry for the extreme and drawn out sarcasm but seriously!
SERIOUSLY!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316 View Post
So why havent you cut and plucked off and out all of those respective parts of your body when you sinned with them as Jesus stated in Matthew chp 5?

I thought a reall bible believer was a literal believer?
I believe it has to be the Millennial citizens that have to do that, but not Church Age saints.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
"verse 2 shows a world in a state of judgment"

or rather than that view:

Light had not yet been created, along with all other things, therefore:

The earth (not "world") was in the state of creation, not judgment.

it was without form - creation was just beginning
it was void - nothing had yet been created on earth
it was dark - the definition of the absence of light
Tim God cannot creat something that is not good or perfect. Lucifer was perfect until, man was perfect until, the earth was perfect until. the earth nor the heaven had any darkness in it's original form for it was pure with God and in himis no darkness at all.

then God came in six days and created anew.

the heaven and earth were created in the beginning perfet. then after that which took place which the BIble mentions only a little about but it has to do with Lucifer and one third the angels.

it is later that God creates the Heavens and the earth in six day.

but ask yourself one question as to the second Day of creation. why does God not call it good? I mean if it is speaking of an atmosphere that we can breath and have protection from solar radiation so we don't die. why does God not say it is good? Obveiously those things are good.

it is in that second day that God had to do something more than just make an atmosphere and a space to later put the moon, sun and stars. can you figure out what and why?

alll that man can see is what God created in six days. but there are things man cannot see that are beyond the universe and its vast space. that will be for us for all eternity. but for now it is divided from us but the very thing he created in the second day

God tells Adam to replenish the earth. that would mean it was filled previously to the six day creation.