General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
And of course, to match:
Armenius: Because it was exercising its free will.
Or more accurately

Armenius: Because it was exercising its free will knowing that if it didn't maintain the good work set before it it would loose the promises it recieved before it set out.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 PM

Glad y'all enjoyed it.

Chette - it has warmed up to 50-60s during some of the days. Down right toasty. Green is starting to pop up all over so spring is "in the air" (aaachooo) and summer is around the corner.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:17 PM

Q-Why did the chicken cross the road?

A-To tell the raccoon it was safe to cross.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
Glad y'all enjoyed it.

Chette - it has warmed up to 50-60s during some of the days. Down right toasty. Green is starting to pop up all over so spring is "in the air" (aaachooo) and summer is around the corner.
Nice, we got up to 60 today for the first time! I'm so excited for spring. My motorcycle has been really missing me...

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 02-25-2009, 07:28 AM

I have this 1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 with around 4,800 original miles on it. I need a new set of Carb's and I can't find them. I can't even find a rebuild kit for the Carbs It is in fairly good condition. Waiting for the local DMV known as the LTO, to have their vehicles without Paperwork amnesty so I can register it. it hadn't been registered since 1991 and there is no paperwork at all, all was lost. The poor thing sat in storage for 16 years and was a mess when I acquired it. I rebuilt it but with all used parts but repaired parts. I had to healiarch Aluminum onto it to seal a crack in the oil filter cover. because I couldn't find a new cover.

Last edited by chette777; 02-25-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I have this 1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 with around 4,800 original miles on it. I need a new set of Carb's and I can't find them. I can't even find a rebuild kit for the Carbs It is in fairly good condition. Waiting for the local DMV known as the LTO, to have their vehicles without Paperwork amnesty so I can register it. it hadn't been registered since 1991 and there is no paperwork at all, all was lost. The poor thing sat in storage for 16 years and was a mess when I acquired it. I rebuilt it but with all used parts but repaired parts. I had to healiarch Aluminum onto it to seal a crack in the oil filter cover. because I couldn't find a new cover.
LOL, I may have to skill saw my oil filter cover since the bolt is completely stuck into the bottom of the engine and the bolt head is totally twisted off!

You know, I bet ebay has the parts you need. If not ebay, perhaps Yamaha could help you. Have you tried calling them? Most dealers these days in the states can get parts for nearly anything, and if they can't, perhaps Yamaha could direct you to someone that could.

BTW, I have a 1980 XS850SG that only had 13,000 original miles on it last August. It's been such a blast! I found out that one motorcycle proverb is true. You'll never see a motorcycle in front of a pyschiatrists office!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 02-25-2009, 06:11 PM

I cant find them on Ebay, once and a while they have an old junker but nothing I can get to from here, and Yamaha stopped carrying the parts years ago

One Store in California has some parts but unable to get there.