General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM

Default Witnessing the Truth online

I need wise council (yet again). I have always felt compelled to preach the Truth of God's Word to people online. Sometimes I use tactics of compassion, other times I use the Law (lawfully I pray). People don't like to hear it often times (just read Acts chapter 7!). Such is the case with my witness on Facebook. I've taken great risks, and I fear, burned down some bridges for taking a strong stance for God's Word. My parents can't stand to hear me when I have something to share, and those online don't either. Well anywho, I'll get to the point. A member of my old Presbyterian church posted about his amazement concerning California banning gay marriage. I made a comment which he deleted that went something like "Yeah it suprised me as well. The fact is is that the sodomites aren't the majority 'yet' and California is a bit schizophrenic." The rest of it went exactly like this:

Quote:
Kasey Graham at 6:43am November 6
We actually just prefer to be called people?

Cuz contrary to popular opinion we do more than just sleep together. I've been known to cook, sing, play the piano, volunteer, run, go to church. The list goes on and on:)

Dana Hamblet Strait at 7:43am November 6
thank you, Kasey. (!!!)

Jonelyn Langenstein at 9:51am November 6
Stephen's comment was uncalled for. I am chilled by the discrimination of my fellow Californians and Christians.

Stephen Horner at 1:34pm November 6
Matt, did you delete my comment, and why? Am I now the enemy because I speak the truth of God's Word, which I thought you had faith in? I hope you haven't become like Katie, fallen away from God and the Truth.

Kasey, you may think those works of yours make you righteous in God's eyes (and in man's eyes they might make you such) but God calls you a... Read More sodomite and a reprobate.

Romans 1:26-28 (KJV) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Jonelyn, you cannot claim the title of Christian and be ashamed of the Word of God.

Kasey Graham at 5:09pm November 6
We could go round and round about it (And throw in slavery, interracial marriage, shellfish, stoning virgins) but I don't want to hijack Matt's facebook page.

Peace.

Dana Hamblet Strait at 7:13pm November 6
one word: disgusted.

as a devout Christian i am absolutely ashamed.

Dana Hamblet Strait at 7:13pm November 6
(of Stephen--and PROUD of Kasey)

Jonelyn Langenstein at 7:32pm November 6
Matt, Kasey, and I believe in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We know that God loves us and YOU (Stephen) have no right to tell us otherwise.

Stephen Horner at 7:46pm November 6
Jonelyn and others, loving someone means telling them the truth.

John 7:24 (KJV) Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Titus 2:11-15 (KJV) For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly... Read More, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Kasey, I quoted New Testament scripture, not Old Testament. Check it out for yourself. Don't take my word for it. The Word of God is available for all to read it.

Stephen Horner at 7:56pm November 6
Dana, I'm not here to tickle anyones ears with words they want to hear. I'm hear to please God by preaching His Word. If you don't like it take it up with God. I'm not the author of Truth, but I know who is and where to find His Word on things. Someday you will not be so pleased to be proud of a man who is pleased with his sinfulness. If you want ... Read Moreto show people you love them, TELL THEM THE TRUTH! If a man was sitting in his living room and you noticed his house was on fire, would you not tell him?

You may think I hate Kasey for his sinfulness, which is not so. I don't know Kasey, but rather I know what he previously said (Matthew 15:18-19). It is clear that Kasey thinks its ok to continue and take pleasure in his sin. The most loving thing I could do for him is to tell him that the Word of God says differently, and that when he sees this, and despises the sin that put Jesus Christ on the cross, then he shall do well, and then shall God use him and bless him.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Was I in error? I know some of these folks that are friends with Matt (who hasn't commented 'yet' (other than to delete my first comment), and know the lives that they live. I know that they have likely never been rebuked, admonished or exhorted before. I also know that they likely will not be using the King James Bible. My goal is to shake them up a bit for the sake of those who truly do seek God. I know that if one of them really does want to please God then maybe, just maybe they'll be shaken up enough to seek Him in His Word. This is what I desire above all else. To inspire God's Church to return to Him in His Word!

So that's a glimpse of my daily (yep, daily. So many forums...) struggle to shine the light of Truth online. I hope some of the brethren here can guide me into the wisdom God has shown them in their years of faithfulness to His Word.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-07-2008, 09:55 AM

Stephen:

It 'read' fine to me. People do not want to hear the truth about God's view of their sins, and you will receive not only this sort of scoffing, but also derision and antagonism. I know, because I've been there, witnessing on 'secular' message boards.

The truth, spoken with love, may be rejected outwardly, but you don't know how many others are reading, and not replying. The Lord has said His word shall not return to Him void...
"...but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

Be encouraged, brother. I am one of those who were reached with the gospel here online, witnessed to over a period of about two to three years. It took that long, and a 'smack upside the head' to get my attention, and make me realize I needed the Lord.

Don't give up, do as you are led.