Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:46 AM

Default We have H1N1 here

I have been sick with the flu for about a week. it turns out H1N1 is here and affecting many people. I have made it through the crucial time. My respiratory is not doing well but it seems it wont develop into pneumonia at this time.

the secret is the day you get it find a good cough and cold medication with an antihistamine, keep from breathing cool or cold air. (I kept a hanky over my face as I slept or lay down. I ate very little solid food (if you do you will just toss it up anyway. drink and eat liquids, jello or nothing this will keep you from dehydrating. and then pray and sweat it out. my fever average was 101-104 for most of the time. Only today has my fever lowered but only to 100.

we stocked up on medication for everyone here as they begin to show signs. funny thing though not everybody exposed to it is getting it. there are four confirmed cases including mine. I am still fighting it.

so keep our household and church members up in prayer. I preached Sunday from a scant outline (i couldn't think much). It went well despite my being very sick. He was strong and I was weak.

thanks
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-25-2009, 06:16 AM

Praying for you brother, we have some flu here in our household but not nearly as bad as what you describe.

God Bless you and yours

PS Im still working on the website, hard drive crash lost all the weeks work I had already done (backup was on another partition on same drive)
I lost all the scripture designs I had done also, but the website will be even better than the first one.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:49 PM

Bro. Chette,

Praying for you of your health. Me and my wife and other two members of our church and even our Pastor is sick. Please pray for us also. Thanks
Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Bro. Chette,

Praying for you of your health. Me and my wife and other two members of our church and even our Pastor is sick. Please pray for us also. Thanks
Bro Fredoheaven, I'm praying for you and your wife and the other members of your church. So far, no sickness here.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I have been sick with the flu for about a week. it turns out H1N1 is here and affecting many people. I have made it through the crucial time. My respiratory is not doing well but it seems it wont develop into pneumonia at this time.

the secret is the day you get it find a good cough and cold medication with an antihistamine, keep from breathing cool or cold air. (I kept a hanky over my face as I slept or lay down. I ate very little solid food (if you do you will just toss it up anyway. drink and eat liquids, jello or nothing this will keep you from dehydrating. and then pray and sweat it out. my fever average was 101-104 for most of the time. Only today has my fever lowered but only to 100.

we stocked up on medication for everyone here as they begin to show signs. funny thing though not everybody exposed to it is getting it. there are four confirmed cases including mine. I am still fighting it.

so keep our household and church members up in prayer. I preached Sunday from a scant outline (i couldn't think much). It went well despite my being very sick. He was strong and I was weak.

thanks
Bro Chette, I'm praying for you! That doesn't sound like fun at all!!! I'll pray for your church members as well. I hope you're feeling stronger and better soon!

Jassy
Old 05-26-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Bro Fredoheaven, I'm praying for you and your wife and the other members of your church. So far, no sickness here.
Sis Jassy, thanks for your prayer and concern. God bless you...
Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 AM

We are praying that this flu goes by and it is not as bad as it seems. if they would have recorded the number of people who died last year from any flu it seem pandemic. It is just a bad flu if you have previous medical condition it does seem to use that weakness in your body to really debilitate.

today my fever stayed around 100 and the body aches are really bad. but my lungs are better and I can eat more.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Praying for you Chette. Please keep us updated as to how you and your family are doing.
God bless you
Old 06-03-2009, 02:22 PM

I read on some forum, that the only people who have gotten vaccinations for flu, in the past 4 years are susceptible to the h1n1 strain.
Have you been getting flu shots?
I quit taking them a few years ago. They never did any good, anyways.

Quote:

thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 PM

How are you doing now?

Quote:
We are praying that this flu goes by and it is not as bad as it seems. if they would have recorded the number of people who died last year from any flu it seem pandemic. It is just a bad flu if you have previous medical condition it does seem to use that weakness in your body to really debilitate.

today my fever stayed around 100 and the body aches are really bad. but my lungs are better and I can eat more.