General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM

Default Just saying hello

Hey all,

My name is Gary, I hail from southern Colorado. I have been a KJB only user since the early 80's. Grew up in a Baptist church but now consider myself King James Bible Believer.

I been lurking around for the last few days and figured I might as well introduce myself.

I am pretty much a lurker, like to read and learn.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Hi, I'm Pam...welcome!

My husband has family that lives in Littleton CO for half of every year; the weather there is GREAT! And, there's a good church that we go to in Denver when we're there!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 AM

thanks for the greeting Pam,

What church is it in Denver they attend? I lived in Denver for 22 years so know a lot of the churches up there.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:07 AM

My husband's family doesn't go to the church; they are all lost. It is just the church that we go to when we are visiting them! It is Bro. Mike Napier's church - Bible Believer's Baptist Church - in Westminster. I don't even remember where that town is in relation to Denver and Littleton; I just know it's close enough for us to go there for church...which for us, usually means within an hour's drive!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 AM

Pam,

Sorry for the misread of your post. I know Brother Napier, attended his church for a time when I lived in Denver. He is a good man. My children all got saved while we went there. I wasn't sure about somethings he was teaching about rightly dividing scripture so we went to a church where I had known the preacher for a number of years. Should have stayed with Bro. Mike.

Westminster is kind of northwest of Denver proper, whereas Littleton is southwest. I have lived in both of those suburbs.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:25 AM

After the warm welcome I got here and because the LORD impressed on me the need I have posted a longer testimony, just ya all know more about me.

I was born and raised here in Colorado and have never lived anywhere else in my whole 50+ years. I was saved in the early 80's. Was raised in a Baptist church and grew up in a time when the KJB was the most used version. Never heard about other vesions until I was in jr. high and went to church at my Grandma's church where they were teaching out of Good News for Modern Man New Testament (Mennonite church). In 1976 I went to a bible college in Denver and everyone it seemed used a different version. I used a number of different versions, but stayed pretty much with my KJB because I had memorized so much out of it and it felt comfortable to me.

In 1982 a friend from my college days and his wife came to visit my wife and I. He was all excited about the church he was attending in Denver and a study they were doing on the preservation of the KJB. For the first time I heard of manuscript evidence and proofs God's Word was most acurately preserved in the KJB. I later accepted a youth pastor position in that same church and through the constant preaching of a true bible believing pastor I realized I was a sinner and needed to be saved.

It hasn't been an easy road, I have walked away from the LORD and church a number of times over those years. My own foolish ideas and not anyone else is to blame. God has always been there the whole time drawing me back.

He has chastised me in a number of ways, including taking my dear wife from me and taking here to be with him. I guess now in my life I am tired of fighting the pull of Christ on me and am back where I need to be.

I am not proud of this testimony, but I am a truthful man and want everyone to know up front where I am coming from. I have never lost or given up my belief that the KJB bible is the true and preserved inerrant Word of God since the first moment I started studying it out. It is the only Bible I read, though I do have others versions in my library I have collected over the years.

I am a lurker, I read and learn more than I speak. On another forum some here frequent, I am known as glrhodes50. Just wanted folks to know.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 PM

Ripdood,

Welcome to this forum. I'm sorry to find out about you losing your wife. A loss like that is hard to bear.

I don't think anyone here would judge you for losing your way for a time in your walk with the Lord. I have done the same thing as I know others on this forum have, too. Jesus is so faithful and kind, He never fails to bring His sheep back into his fold.

I look forward to reading anything you might post if you would ever like to do so.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:41 PM

Brother Ripdood,

I'm glad you feel warmly welcomed here. I know that I have felt like I am amongst family here and, since I don't have a church to attend, this is more or less "church" for me. It is an assembling together of 2 or more believers in His name, isn't it? We have teachers here and we have ministers and we have admonishers and we have correctors and we have uplifters and encouragers. We have the BODY of CHRIST here. I truly believe that. I am so very thankful for the day that I discovered this Forum!

By the way, by "correctors" - I don't mean BIBLE-correctors. I mean people that help us to see when our attitude or behavior may need correction. For that I am very grateful. I want to remain HUMBLE, with my eyes focused on the Lord and always growing in grace and knowledge. HE IS MY LIFE.

As sister Jen has said, there's no need to feel badly about any time that you may have backslid. Most of us here have done so. (I have.) I truly believe that Christ ALREADY died for my sins... and that is DONE and ASSURED! So, although I don't wish to be in a state of sin... I know that I'm already forgiven. That is the precious PEACE that we have in Christ. It is the peace that surpasseth all understanding. It is such a JOY to possess such peace!

Like you, I was saved in the 1980's (for me the mid-1980's). It has been, and continues to be, a process as I grow in grace and knowledge. I wasn't raised in a "religious" home. I was raised Catholic, but more in a secular way. I can't recall even ONE time that JESUS was mentioned by my parents when I was growing up. And certainly the Apostle Paul was never spoken of.

None of my family are believers. My one brother is a staunch atheist. My 2 sisters are just not interested in "religion." My Mom just goes through the motions of attending Catholic "mass" - and, admittedly, "getting nothing out of it." SAD. I came to question the teachings of the Catholic church when I began comparing Bibles. Once I discovered the King James Bible, I stuck solidly with it. Like you, I find it so much more comfortable because of things I had memorized. Other Bibles only confused me and left me unable to find what I needed or wanted to locate from the Scriptures. I'm really thankful, therefore, that I have been a confirmed KJ Bible believer for many, many years.

Anyway, WELCOME to you!!

Jassy
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM

Default Wecome Ripood

Hello Gary - good to have you here. A very warm welcome from England (the home of the KJB!)

God bless

PaulB