Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 AM
evstevemd

I'm very sorrow that these brethren missed my point,
I'm not very good in expressing but God will help me.
1. You are save ONLY by faith through Jesus

2.You are being kept in salvation through leading of the Spirit of God
Example; when He prompts you of any sin you have to repent instantly

3. If you sin and stay in sin you loose salvation!
suppose I'm save and I commit fornication, and die inn that sin
I will go to hell.

Ask for any ambiguity

Ev. Steve
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
evstevemd

May Be I missunderstood you atlas,
What do you mean by etrnal security?
do you mean once saved always saved?
or let me ask this way
Can you in anyway loose your salvation?

honestly, with love
Ev. Steve
Old 03-24-2008, 11:03 AM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by evstevemd View Post
2.You are being kept in salvation through leading of the Spirit of God
Example; when He prompts you of any sin you have to repent instantly
Is that from the book of Second Opinions or from the book of Suppositions? I can't seem to find it. Do all the examples of believers in the Bible sinning show that their repentance was instant? No. I seem to recall that King David was backslidden for almost a year when he got his sin right.

Quote:
3. If you sin and stay in sin you loose salvation!
suppose I'm save and I commit fornication, and die inn that sin
I will go to hell.
More quotes from those same books! Can you give me the exact Scripture that teaches that? Seeing as EVERY single believer in the history of the world will still sin until taken home to Heaven, we are all in trouble.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Well, hope you never die the second after you have a lustful thought, a moment of pride, or saying an angry word.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Pastor Mikie

Beloved57,

I would suspect that what I wrote is unclear to you. That's usually the case when someone is "ensconced" in their thinking. That isn't an insult, just a fact of life.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
evstevemd

Ok Brothers,
Tell me How do you keep saved?
What are your responsibilities as believer?
what is your difference from Heathen?
what is the work of Holy Spirit in believers?

With Love
Ev. Steve
Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Revangelist

Pastor Mikie,

I read you lengthy post. If I understand it correctly, you are making my point that the doctrine of eternal security as some believe it is very extreme.

Are you also saying that if you can receive Jesus Christ of your own free will, then you can reject Him just the same. I tend to agree. The question is why would one want to? I don't know, but I've watched it happen.

I know of a pastor who was a sound Biblical teacher, evangelist and as far as anyone could tell, a solid Christian. During the course of a few years, a deacon in the church he was pastoring was being very unchristian like towards his daughter. He left the church, left his wife, became a homosexual and "departed from the faith" because he "gave head to a seducing spirit (among other things)". Is this man still Heaven bound? Those who believe in extreme eternal security say he is, others who believe that way say, "he was never truly saved in the first place".

I think this man walked away from the truth, believed a lie and became a reprobate and is on his way to hell except he repent. And if he wasn't saved in the first place, then what was he?

Last edited by Revangelist; 03-24-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
I think this man walked away from the truth, believed a lie and became a reprobate and is on his way to hell except he repent. And if he wasn't saved in the first place, then what was he?
We disagree with the meaning of Hebrews 6 overall; yet isn't it very clear when it says
Quote:
Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Or is what the Bible says just too extreme to accept?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:45 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
Beloved57,

I would suspect that what I wrote is unclear to you. That's usually the case when someone is "ensconced" in their thinking. That isn't an insult, just a fact of life.
Then please answer sir..
Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Quote:
Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
This passage in hebrews is not describing a true regenerated believer, but a stoney heart hearer as in matt 13..

The hebrews were going through some tough times and persection for the word of God..

in matt 13:

20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

The writer of hebrews was just describing the action of this type here, not a true believer at all..

In fact, he gives his true assesment of the true believer in vs 9

9But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

He is saying to the true believers, we are persuaded better things regarding you, even though we give this illustration..
Old 03-24-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
And if he wasn't saved in the first place, then what was he?
Unsaved. (How many options are there?)