Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Amen, Jassy. Jesus is the true Light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world. Jesus does not share any of His names with Lucifer.
greenbear, great quote from John 1:9!!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Ed Edwards

Greenbear: // I like your insight 2 up to a point. of course there's Christ versus anti-christ but they are not the exact same names like 'morning star' being used for both Christ and Lucifer. //

Actually, sister Greenbear, Christ and anti-christ are much the same as seen in Daniel 9:25-27.

Messiah the Prince is mentioned in Daniel 9:25, "Messiah be cut off" is mentioned in Daniel 9:26. The "people of the Prince that Shall come" is mentioned in Daniel 9:26.

The a-mills say "Prince that shall come" = "Messiah the Prince", and the people are Jews.

The pre-mills say Jesus = Messiah the Prince"
and Antichrist = "Prince that Shall come" and the people are Romans.

Two vastly different eschatologies result from the same words in the same KJV.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Edwards View Post
Greenbear: // I like your insight 2 up to a point. of course there's Christ versus anti-christ but they are not the exact same names like 'morning star' being used for both Christ and Lucifer. //

Actually, sister Greenbear, Christ and anti-christ are much the same as seen in Daniel 9:25-27.

Messiah the Prince is mentioned in Daniel 9:25, "Messiah be cut off" is mentioned in Daniel 9:26. The "people of the Prince that Shall come" is mentioned in Daniel 9:26.

The a-mills say "Prince that shall come" = "Messiah the Prince", and the people are Jews.

The pre-mills say Jesus = Messiah the Prince"
and Antichrist = "Prince that Shall come" and the people are Romans.

Two vastly different eschatologies result from the same words in the same KJV.
Ed said: "Two vastly different eschatologies result from the same words in the same KJV."

Yeah, and one of them's wrong. Just guess which one I think it is? Are you really that much of a moron? You can go away now.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
they poorly translate Lucifer which really means light bearer as Bright morning star. which is the poorest form of scholarship I have ever witnessed. the translators of the 1611AV were man enough to admit translating the Hebrew word would be wrong so they just transliterated it into English which is a good rule to follow when a translation wont work or will cause confusion. in this case it confuses the person of Jesus Christ Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. with Lucifer, the Devil, who is Satan.
"they poorly translate Lucifer"
Only if you were translating FROM LATIN. The Hebrew word is "helel" or "heylel" which means "shining one" . Which matches the LXX rendering. The following "son of the dawn" makes it "morning star" or "day star" as the KJV margin says.

Isa 14:12 quomodo cecidisti de caelo lucifer qui mane oriebaris corruisti in terram qui vulnerabas gentes

2Pe 1:19 et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris

It was nothing special in the Vulgate, it was just a word meaning "light bearer".
Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Ed said: "Two vastly different eschatologies result from the same words in the same KJV."

Yeah, and one of them's wrong. Just guess which one I think it is? Are you really that much of a moron? You can go away now.
Wow. I regret this one. I called Ed a fool to his face (well, in a post), which the Lord warns against, and gave him a rude brushoff. Definitely not Christlike behavior. I don't mind debating facts and ideas in order to learn but I lost my patience with Ed's sophistry and stumbled into sin myself. Sorry Ed and everyone on the board. Hope you can all forgive me.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:32 PM

Since Ed has been banned, he will likely not see your apology, but I will copy to his FFF private account for you, if you wish. He and Barry are having a grand time over there regarding their mutual banning. He is not a fool, but he is most certainly not reflecting Christ.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:17 PM

Brother Tim- I would greatly appreciate it if you would copy it to his FFF account. I feel terrible.

Thank you,

Jennifer
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 AM

Ed has responded to my copy of your post. He does not see the need for you to have apologized. He was not offended with your post. He did not feel the need to forgive since there was no offense in his eyes.

I would add my thoughts:
If the Holy Spirit prompts you to apologize, then do so, without regard to how the offendee sees it. The LORD was offended and prompted you. You responded well as we all should, with open humility and sorrow. I accept your apology and forgive you in the name of the LORD, as you have asked. I am certain that none of us hold this against you, for many of us have fallen into the same trap. I, for one, have crossed the line more than once. I know what it is to hear that still, small voice reminding me whose I am and whom I represent.

Righteous sorrow for an offense, even one unintended, separates us from the world, and is a clear indicator of our relationship to God.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:46 PM

Brother Tim- thanks for delivering my message.
I value your thoughts; they are like
... wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. Psalm 104:15

Jennifer
Old 05-26-2009, 03:55 PM

I am honored. Praise the LORD, Sister,