Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:54 PM

Ya don't say!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-10-2008, 02:27 PM

Tim,

Well he is wrong that's for sure, but I still respect his guts on the Obama issue!

Atlas
Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Here are a few "concerns" that I have:

Read http://atlah.org/about/captainsclub.html and especially the section "What is required of you"

and this: http://atlah.org/about/FocusOnPurgatory.html

???
Bummer, I'm removing him from my youtube favorites.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-11-2008, 08:02 AM

I'm not taking back the "boom-sha-cho-lacha!" He got it cuz he deserved it!
Old 11-11-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
I'm not taking back the "boom-sha-cho-lacha!" He got it cuz he deserved it!
LOL, yeah it was a good video. I just can't risk my 'audience' (for a lack of a better term) looking more closely at this guy, and then grouping me with him.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-15-2008, 01:01 AM

If only the country would have taken more time too do more research on Obama as was done here with this guy, a man after his own will and not God's.
Blessings to all of you!
in Christ,
mdman
Old 11-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Re: "Why All The Emphasis On MEN?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Folks, we need to examine his teachings carefully before we praise this man's words.

I'm with you on this one brother!

Why all the EMPHASIS ON MEN! We should be emphasizing the Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy word.

Why do modern day Christians keep looking to MEN? Why do they continually recommend MEN? WHY is it always - this MAN is great; or that MAN knows more Bible than {?}; or that MAN has won more souls than {?}; or that MAN has built a bigger church than {?}.

Let's forget about the "good" and "godly" MEN of God and get back to extolling the greatness of our God! Let's GLORIFY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST and stop glorifying MEN.

If someone wants to recommend a man's books or writings - that's one thing. But when we continually extol this MAN or that MAN, we are NOT following the Apostle Paul's example:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 WHO then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

My Book says that when MEN emphasis other MEN, instead of the Lord - they are CARNAL!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Why all the EMPHASIS ON MEN! We should be emphasizing the Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy word.

Why do modern day Christians keep looking to MEN? Why do they continually recommend MEN? WHY is it always - this MAN is great; or that MAN knows more Bible than {?}; or that MAN has won more souls than {?}; or that MAN has built a bigger church than {?}.

If someone wants to recommend a man's books or writings - that's one thing. But when we continually extol this MAN or that MAN, we are NOT following the Apostle Paul's example:

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
Those are important and much needed questions, Brother George. And in my opinion, you hit the mark when you wrote: "We should be emphasizing the Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy word."

Quote:
It is because the overwhelming majority of "believers" today lack a genuine deep abiding love for, and intimate growing knowledge of, the very person of the Lord Jesus Christ. They are "carnal" as a result of being a "babe" in Christ.
"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).
We should be:
"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).
Old 11-15-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Those are important and much needed questions, Brother George. And in my opinion, you hit the mark when you wrote: "We should be emphasizing the Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy word."

It is because the overwhelming majority of "believers" today lack a genuine deep abiding love for, and intimate growing knowledge of, the very person of the Lord Jesus Christ. They are "carnal" as a result of being a "babe" in Christ.
"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).
We should be:
"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).
Yeah, this is ultimately the problem. In these apostate non-Bible Believing churches it is nearly impossible for one of the brethren or sistren to grow out of being a babe in Christ. The cause of this is that babes in Christ have a tendency to look at others around them to judge how well they're doing in their walk with Christ. This is a deeply flawed way of self examination.

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

The only Word of God ordained way to examine oneself is to hold up the mirror of God's Word.

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Those who have been entrusted with a flock of Believers simply must stress how important it is to grow out of the mindset of "how little must I do to be saved" and into the God glorifying mindset of "now that I have been saved from a death I so rightfully deserve, how can I live to glorify my Holy God in Heaven?"

Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

1 Thessalonians 2:1-6 For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain: But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention. For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile: But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness: Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.

One last point, young Christians need men and women in their lives that exemplify this quality. When Christians see people living boldly in Christ it becomes much more difficult to say "well so-and-so gets along just fine over there sitting on that fence" and easier to say "Lord give me boldness to live out loud for YOU!"

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-15-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Those who have been entrusted with a flock of Believers simply must stress how important it is to grow out of the mindset of "how little must I do to be saved" and into the God glorifying mindset of "now that I have been saved from a death I so rightfully deserve, how can I live to glorify my Holy God in Heaven?"

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Hello Brother Stephen.

Quote:
Those who have been entrusted with a flock of Believers simply must stress...how can I live to glorify my Holy God in Heaven.
How can a believer glorify their Holy God?
John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
Since the Father is glorified when we bear much fruit, how do we bear much fruit?
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Without Christ...nothing. Through Christ...all things! Therefore...just keep looking and pointing people to Christ! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Not only for initial salvation from the penalty of sin, but for all of life. He is the BEGINNING and the END and everything in between.