Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I do not believe God will bless America as a nation. America has turned its back on God.
About half have turned their back on God.
But I'm not sure they ever really were facing God to begin with.

Quote:
It has gone from being a post-Christian nation to an anti-Christian nation.
You think so? I have freedom to share the Gospel with any of my neighbors today. Bible study in my home, no problem. Handing out tracts on a daily basis, in the airport, the sidewalk, I can buy radio and television spots, heck I can buy a billboard if I want to. Some of us have obviously never lived in an anti-Christian nation. Please read:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/...inst_chri.html

Quote:
The only options we Christians have in response to this wicked nation is to pray without ceasing and to continue to hold our ground firmly on the KJB.
We are the wicked nation.
Us. You. Me. Them.
People. The wheat, the chaff.
You are correct, praying is good, and we can also win souls and put better politicians in office too, who will influence the laws. God gave us the freedom and the power of the Gospel to make change in people's lives and secure men's souls for eternity. Losing our vision, now that is a problem. But I do not believe America is beyond God's blessings. To the contrary, I think it is only his blessings and mercy which are keeping us from becoming a nuclear fireball right now.

"If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chron. 7:13-14

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18