Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Bro. Parrish

Default The Flying Roll and UFO's

I have an old sermon on UFO's by Dr. Ruckman, in that sermon he gives some interesting comments regarding the "flying roll" of Zechariah 5 (as I recall he considers this to be a UFO). I have posted this passage below for review.

I have also noticed that we have several excellent students of the Bible on this forum who claim to have seen UFO's, (Unidentified Flying Objects) so feel free to post your comments on what you think about these things and tell us what you experienced.

Zechariah 5

1 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.

2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.

3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

4 I will bring it forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.

6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-24-2009, 05:10 AM

I am not an excellent Bible student, but I have seen UFOs on multiple occasions. But it is difficult to talk about, because as soon as you do some people treat you like you are crazy. All I can say is that I am not crazy whatsoever, I think my posts reflect that. I am a careful observer. Several of the objects I observed were from very close and unmistakeable for known objects. I am talking about objects I could observe in detail, not little lights in the far distance. I even saw one of these objects in the daytime. I have never seen any occupants or had missing time or anything like that. If anyone wants to hear about these observations, I will be glad to write a detailed report.

I personally think UFOs are spiritual. They are like angels who made physical manifestations in the OT. I think that in this state they can be observed, and possibly even touched. At the same time they can break our natural laws at will. This is why UFOs have been observed to accelerate to fantastic speeds from a dead stop (this would kill an occupant), make right angle turns, or plunge into the sea or mountain without harm.

I also believe that there is a reason for the modern UFO age that started around 1947 with the observations of the pilot Kenneth Arnold in Washington state. It was Arnold who described these objects as looking like "flying saucers". This description caught on and now is a common term.

I believe UFOs serve several purposes, all of them evil. First, they cast doubt on the creation account. Many believe life on Earth was placed here by ancient astronauts from other planets. So, they cast doubt on the validity of the Bible.

I believe UFOs may be used to explain the Rapture. When millions of Christians are suddenly caught up, perhaps UFOs will be blamed for this disapperance.

Because of these observations, I have taken a keen interest in UFOs in the past. But I rarely read or study about them anymore. I did find this article several years ago, and to me it makes a lot of sense.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...nciareal07.htm
Old 05-24-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
I am not an excellent Bible student, but I have seen UFOs on multiple occasions. But it is difficult to talk about, because as soon as you do some people treat you like you are crazy. All I can say is that I am not crazy whatsoever, I think my posts reflect that. I am a careful observer. Several of the objects I observed were from very close and unmistakeable for known objects. I am talking about objects I could observe in detail, not little lights in the far distance. I even saw one of these objects in the daytime. I have never seen any occupants or had missing time or anything like that. If anyone wants to hear about these observations, I will be glad to write a detailed report.

I personally think UFOs are spiritual. They are like angels who made physical manifestations in the OT. I think that in this state they can be observed, and possibly even touched. At the same time they can break our natural laws at will. This is why UFOs have been observed to accelerate to fantastic speeds from a dead stop (this would kill an occupant), make right angle turns, or plunge into the sea or mountain without harm.

I also believe that there is a reason for the modern UFO age that started around 1947 with the observations of the pilot Kenneth Arnold in Washington state. It was Arnold who described these objects as looking like "flying saucers". This description caught on and now is a common term.

I believe UFOs serve several purposes, all of them evil. First, they cast doubt on the creation account. Many believe life on Earth was placed here by ancient astronauts from other planets. So, they cast doubt on the validity of the Bible.

I believe UFOs may be used to explain the Rapture. When millions of Christians are suddenly caught up, perhaps UFOs will be blamed for this disapperance.

Because of these observations, I have taken a keen interest in UFOs in the past. But I rarely read or study about them anymore. I did find this article several years ago, and to me it makes a lot of sense.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...nciareal07.htm
Winman, I think you're right. I believe UFOs are spiritual vessels and all the different types of aliens are demons or devils.

It's all a part of the 'big" lie that will damn all who believe it. God will send strong delusion that those who believed not the truth WILL believe the BIG LIE. Evolution, the moon landing, Roswell, NM, crop circles, aliens, UFOs are all pieces of the lie which I'll refer to as the strong delusion.

Seeking out interaction with fallen angels and demons ("aliens") is participating in the occult in the same way as attempting to contact spirits through the Ouija board, seance, witchcraft, necromancy.

Christians need to think and pray about it. If you have even a grain of doubt that you should be out looking for UFOs, then don't do it. I know I have enough to answer to the Lord for, as it is. God forbid I should have to explain why I encouraged others to become involved with secret, hidden things; phenomena designed to pave the way for believing the big lie through strong delusion.

I would have responded earlier but I thought the reference to UFO watching had to be an inside joke that I haven't been around long enough to "get". I plead with any christian not to get involved with this. If I saw a UFO I would run the other way as fast as I could. Better yet, I would drop to my knees and pray for discernment and protection.

2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 AM

I'm not sure how I did it but I was editing my post and it showed up twice so I erased this one

Last edited by greenbear; 05-24-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Bro. Parrish

There is a new series on the History Channel called UFO Hunters, it's a pretty straightforward documentary... they interview a lot of police officers, commercial pilots and military personnel... anyway, a few days ago they had some video footage on there taken over an airport that was REALLY strange... to me it sounds very similar to what Winman saw, if I can find it I will put up a link.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:14 PM

http://www.letusreason.org/NAM24.htm
http://www.letusreason.org/NAM25.htm
http://www.letusreason.org/NAM26.htm

The man who wrote these isn't KJV only and I'm not sure if he even uses a KJV, but he sure does know the "Bibles" that he owns. This man has also done a great deal of reaserch of cults and occultism and I find much of his stuff interesting to read, and has three articles on U.F.Os which I posted above.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 AM

Please consider watching these linked videos. Watch all of them: Sessions 1-6. This is exactly what I believe is happening. Chuck Missler has been one one my favorite Bible/prophesy teachers for years. He's really excellent. I believe he still uses KJV but he is not KJVO.

http://www.khouse.org/pages/special_...en_encounters/

Well OK, it's a total of 6 hours so watch or listen to sessions 3 or 4 if you don't have time for all 6!

Last edited by greenbear; 05-25-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: added
Old 05-25-2009, 07:57 AM

Double post, see my next post for a description of another sighting I have seen.

Last edited by Winman; 05-25-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
If you have even a grain of doubt that you should be out looking for UFOs, then don't do it.
Let me make this clear, I don't look for them at all. You see them when you least expect it. I had posted one of these sightings a few months back, now I will tell you about another very close sighting I had.

It was in the winter of 1978 and at that time I worked 2nd shift for a company in New Milford, Connecticut. I lived in Waterbury, so each night I had about a 45 minute to 1 hour ride home.

I don't remember the exact date, but it was either February or March. I do remember it was a very clear, very cold, and beautiful night. There was a full moon.

It was around midnight, and I was travelling east on I-84, one of the busiest highways in our state. But this night there was very little traffic. I came over a large hill about 5 miles outside of Waterbury. After you come over this hill there is a long straightaway, maybe a mile, then the highway curves sharply to the left (north).

Anyway, as I am coming down this long straightaway, I look over to my left. Just above the trees, I would say no more than 50 feet above them, I saw this large object. It was a very simple object, it looked like a long metallic tube. It was shaped just like an Oscar Mayer hot-dog. I know that sounds silly, but that was it's shape. It was long and narrow, it was not shaped like a balloon or blimp (which I have seen on several occasions). I would estimate it was maybe 100 feet long, and maybe 15 feet tall, with rounded ends on each end.

I could see this object clear as a bell, as the sky was very bright that night from the full moon. The object actually looked dark against the sky, that is how bright the sky was that night. I cannot tell you the color of this object, but I thought it was a dark greyish color.

I quickly rolled down my window to get a better look and to see if I could hear this aircraft. All I could hear was the wind as I was going probably 65-70 MPH. I looked at the object as best I could while still looking at the road. This object had no wings or stabilizers whatsoever, it had no undercarriage as blimps do.

This aircraft did have three portholes on it's underside. They were perfectly round, just like the portholes on a ship, and evenly spaced apart. And a blue light was shining out of each porthole. The portholes looked like windows to me, and I could actually see INSIDE this ship. But all I saw was blue light inside.

Now, as I am driving down this long straightaway, this aircraft is travelling parallel with me in the same direction, although it is out-pacing me slightly. So, I estimate it was going around 80-90 MPH. It is just on the other side of this four lane highway, probably 200 feet distant at most. I wouldn't say I could have thrown a rock and hit it, but if I had a BB gun I could have hit it easily, that is how close this object is to me.

As this object got ahead of me, I saw that it also had a round porthole on it's end. This porthole was different though, it was shining green light. Again, I could literally see inside this craft, but all I saw was green light. It was as if this object was hollow inside.

As the object got to the bottom of the hill it did something that amazed me. It turned and followed the left turn in the highway. It was amazing, because I realized this craft was using the highway to navigate by! As I got to the bottom of the hill and made the left turn myself, I could still see this object, but now all I could see was the rear green porthole. It was very low now, and I was not in nearly as good a position to observe it. We were approaching the outskirts of Waterbury, and now the highway had many streetlights on each side, and I lost the object in the glare of the lights.

So, that was it. When I arrived home a few minutes later I told my wife what I had seen, and she believed me. She thought I should call the Police, but I didn't see the sense, they would just think I was crazy, and besides, the object was gone. So, I didn't call.

I do not believe this object was a military craft for several reasons. First, it was flying too low. The military does not fly aircraft, even experimental aircraft at tree-top level in the middle of the night in very hilly terrain. I am sure it was not a balloon or blimp as it was not shaped like a balloon, plus it was way too fast. The world speed record for a blimp is around 90 MPH I believe, at altitude. It also made no noise that I could hear, if you've ever heard a blimp they make a real racket that you can hear for miles. And again, balloons do not fly at tree-top level at midnight.

Plus, I can't say I know it all, but I grew up around military bases all my life, as my father was an aircraft technician for the military. I have seen some pretty amazing aircraft, including captured German buzz-bombs that the Air Force used to fly as drones when we lived at Eglin AFB. I was very into planes as a boy, I used to build models of all the WWI, WWII, and modern aircraft. This doesn't make me an expert, but I was pretty good at identifying aircraft. This object was unlike anything I have ever seen before or since.

But I did not look for this object, it was just right there where I could see it. And you know, I got the strong impression that it was making this display just for me. I don't remember seeing any other vehicles on the road when I made this sighting. And I really don't enjoy seeing these things. I will say it is fascinating, but afterwards I do not feel well. I have never for one second thought these objects are from another planet, I know they are spiritual, and that they are evil. I do not know why they even attempt to fool me, I trust in Jesus.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Let me make this clear, I don't look for them at all. You see them when you least expect it. I had posted one of these sightings a few months back, now I will tell you about another very close sighting I had.

It was in the winter of 1978 and at that time I worked 2nd shift for a company in New Milford, Connecticut. I lived in Waterbury, so each night I had about a 45 minute to 1 hour ride home.

I don't remember the exact date, but it was either February or March. I do remember it was a very clear, very cold, and beautiful night. There was a full moon.

It was around midnight, and I was travelling east on I-84, one of the busiest highways in our state. But this night there was very little traffic. I came over a large hill about 5 miles outside of Waterbury. After you come over this hill there is a long straightaway, maybe a mile, then the highway curves sharply to the left (north).

Anyway, as I am coming down this long straightaway, I look over to my left. Just above the trees, I would say no more than 50 feet above them, I saw this large object. It was a very simple object, it looked like a long metallic tube. It was shaped just like an Oscar Mayer hot-dog. I know that sounds silly, but that was it's shape. It was long and narrow, it was not shaped like a balloon or blimp (which I have seen on several occasions). I would estimate it was maybe 100 feet long, and maybe 15 feet tall, with rounded ends on each end.

I could see this object clear as a bell, as the sky was very bright that night from the full moon. The object actually looked dark against the sky, that is how bright the sky was that night. I cannot tell you the color of this object, but I thought it was a dark greyish color.

I quickly rolled down my window to get a better look and to see if I could hear this aircraft. All I could hear was the wind as I was going probably 65-70 MPH. I looked at the object as best I could while still looking at the road. This object had no wings or stabilizers whatsoever, it had no undercarriage as blimps do.

This aircraft did have three portholes on it's underside. They were perfectly round, just like the portholes on a ship, and evenly spaced apart. And a blue light was shining out of each porthole. The portholes looked like windows to me, and I could actually see INSIDE this ship. But all I saw was blue light inside.

Now, as I am driving down this long straightaway, this aircraft is travelling parallel with me in the same direction, although it is out-pacing me slightly. So, I estimate it was going around 80-90 MPH. It is just on the other side of this four lane highway, probably 200 feet distant at most. I wouldn't say I could have thrown a rock and hit it, but if I had a BB gun I could have hit it easily, that is how close this object is to me.

As this object got ahead of me, I saw that it also had a round porthole on it's end. This porthole was different though, it was shining green light. Again, I could literally see inside this craft, but all I saw was green light. It was as if this object was hollow inside.

As the object got to the bottom of the hill it did something that amazed me. It turned and followed the left turn in the highway. It was amazing, because I realized this craft was using the highway to navigate by! As I got to the bottom of the hill and made the left turn myself, I could still see this object, but now all I could see was the rear green porthole. It was very low now, and I was not in nearly as good a position to observe it. We were approaching the outskirts of Waterbury, and now the highway had many streetlights on each side, and I lost the object in the glare of the lights.

So, that was it. When I arrived home a few minutes later I told my wife what I had seen, and she believed me. She thought I should call the Police, but I didn't see the sense, they would just think I was crazy, and besides, the object was gone. So, I didn't call.

I do not believe this object was a military craft for several reasons. First, it was flying too low. The military does not fly aircraft, even experimental aircraft at tree-top level in the middle of the night in very hilly terrain. I am sure it was not a balloon or blimp as it was not shaped like a balloon, plus it was way too fast. The world speed record for a blimp is around 90 MPH I believe, at altitude. It also made no noise that I could hear, if you've ever heard a blimp they make a real racket that you can hear for miles. And again, balloons do not fly at tree-top level at midnight.

Plus, I can't say I know it all, but I grew up around military bases all my life, as my father was an aircraft technician for the military. I have seen some pretty amazing aircraft, including captured German buzz-bombs that the Air Force used to fly as drones when we lived at Eglin AFB. I was very into planes as a boy, I used to build models of all the WWI, WWII, and modern aircraft. This doesn't make me an expert, but I was pretty good at identifying aircraft. This object was unlike anything I have ever seen before or since.

But I did not look for this object, it was just right there where I could see it. And you know, I got the strong impression that it was making this display just for me. I don't remember seeing any other vehicles on the road when I made this sighting. And I really don't enjoy seeing these things. I will say it is fascinating, but afterwards I do not feel well. I have never for one second thought these objects are from another planet, I know they are spiritual, and that they are evil. I do not know why they even attempt to fool me, I trust in Jesus.
'If you have even a grain of doubt that you should be out looking for UFOs, then don't do it.'

Winman- I was referring to another brother on this board who made plans to go looking for UFOs. If a believer will study the issue they will see that UFOs/aliens are deceiving spirits. I don't know why you have seen them and I haven't. Major sightings tend to have multiple witnesses of the same event; it's not a vision, it's real. UFO activity seems to pick up during important events in history, too. If I ever see one I will be commanding it to depart in Jesus's name!!! If anyone has a spare 6 hours on their hands the link to the videos/audios on post#7 are very enlightening on this topic.