Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 PM

Hi Will, thanks for your help on this passage. I read your new post a few times through. I have a couple of questions for you.

1.Is the time of Joshua's Conquest left out for a reason? (I understand the reasoning for leaving out the 40 years of wandering which makes sense.)
2.Is the time of Samuel's service as a judge include the reign of Saul? I know both of their times do overlap.

Thanks again for your help. I know we are very close. God bless.
Tim
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-17-2009, 10:53 AM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default 450 years of judges

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Hi Will, thanks for your help on this passage. I read your new post a few times through. I have a couple of questions for you.

1.Is the time of Joshua's Conquest left out for a reason? (I understand the reasoning for leaving out the 40 years of wandering which makes sense.)
2.Is the time of Samuel's service as a judge include the reign of Saul? I know both of their times do overlap.

Thanks again for your help. I know we are very close. God bless.
Tim
Hi Tim. Thanks for your interest in these passages. I really don't see the problem at this point. If you do, could you please point it out to me?

The time of Joshua's conquest would still be a part of the time they were actually IN the promised land and would fit into the 480 years mentioned in 1 Kings 6:1. I can't find any place where Joshus is actually called a "judge" or even "judges" Israel, so his time period would not be included in the 450 years when God gave them judges.

As for Samuel, we can tweak the time period of his being a judge, but I don't at this point see a conflict because though there was an overlap in the life span of Samuel and the kingship of Saul, yet at the moment Saul became king, Israel was no longer governed by judges but by the new king.

If you see it differently please let me know where the holes are and we will try to fill them in. In any event, this explanation defends and exonerates the majority text as found in the KJB and many others, and it is far closer to the actual numbers than are the Alexandrian manuscripts. Their numbers are WAY off; most of the mv users just haven't taken the time or the interest to see that their numbers are way off in these bogus bibles.

God bless,

Will K
Old 07-17-2009, 02:05 PM

Hi Will:
I am in the same conviction that God's word-KJB is always right. You have shown by changing the word of God because of unbelief, a bigger problem is created. I have learned from your article that God sometimes doesn't count the same way we do.

So here's the conclusion of I Kings 6:1.
336 years Time of the reign of Judges
60 years Time of the reign of Samuel
40 years Time of the reign of Saul
40 years Time of the reign of David
4 years Time of the reign of Solomon at the time

480 years

I believe that God was only counting the years of reign of judges and kings when Israel settled permanently in the promise land. Joshua's time was not counted in because he was a "transitional ruler" who was commissioned outside the promised land.
Please let me know what you think and offer any corrections. Thanks again Will for your help.
Tim
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default Acts 13:20 & 1 Kings 6:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Hi Will:
I am in the same conviction that God's word-KJB is always right. You have shown by changing the word of God because of unbelief, a bigger problem is created. I have learned from your article that God sometimes doesn't count the same way we do.

So here's the conclusion of I Kings 6:1.
336 years Time of the reign of Judges
60 years Time of the reign of Samuel
40 years Time of the reign of Saul
40 years Time of the reign of David
4 years Time of the reign of Solomon at the time

480 years

I believe that God was only counting the years of reign of judges and kings when Israel settled permanently in the promise land. Joshua's time was not counted in because he was a "transitional ruler" who was commissioned outside the promised land.
Please let me know what you think and offer any corrections. Thanks again Will for your help.
Tim
Hi Tim. Thanks for all your help on this. Your explanation may well be correct. In any case, the text of the KJB is again vindicated as being the true text and the fake bibles have once again perverted the true words of God.

Blessings,

Will K
Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 PM

You are welcome Will. Actually I should be the one thanking you. You did the bulk of the work.