Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-02-2009, 04:43 AM
chette777's Avatar
chette777 chette777 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Puerto Princesa City, Palawan Philippines
Posts: 1,431
Default

Geo,

I Haven't finished reading all the info you have your site yet. But Understanding our time measurement was only made 6000 years ago. puts us it quandary, as we would have to admit that there is indeed a different time system than ours and that it is based on Eternity.

I am still exploring the all avenues of the Gap theory. I have been known to change my mind on somethings when I have gotten more info.

Stephan try not to offend and be offended so easily. Death and Destruction in our 24/7 Time Quantum did start less than 6000 years ago. remember Lucifer and his angels never died. here is a quote from George for you to remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I too have grown "weary" of battling with the "brethren", and although we may disagree on some issues (as I have with some of the brethren here), we tolerate "disagreement" amongst friends - what we do not tolerate is clear, blatant heresy; academic "elitism"; cheap-shots; false accusations; or name-calling.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
  #32  
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 AM
stephanos's Avatar
stephanos stephanos is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wenatchee WA
Posts: 885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Geo,

I Haven't finished reading all the info you have your site yet. But Understanding our time measurement was only made 6000 years ago. puts us it quandary, as we would have to admit that there is indeed a different time system than ours and that it is based on Eternity.

I am still exploring the all avenues of the Gap theory. I have been known to change my mind on somethings when I have gotten more info.

Stephan try not to offend and be offended so easily. Death and Destruction in our 24/7 Time Quantum did start less than 6000 years ago. remember Lucifer and his angels never died. here is a quote from George for you to remember
You're right. I do need to not get offended so easily. Never the less, I still believe it is heresy to say that there was death before Adam. Perhaps Lucifer cannot die, but to saying that there is geological evidence of death before the fall of Adam is a position that cannot be defended with The Book.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
  #33  
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 AM
stephanos's Avatar
stephanos stephanos is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wenatchee WA
Posts: 885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
You need to get the beam out of your own eye, brother.
Brother, I'm sorry for my lack of humility and love in the way I spoke to you in my response. I read so many articles about the apostate nature of the Church in America these days that I often take out my frustration on those that I have no cause to be so frustrated with. Please forgive me. If it's any indication of my genuine need to reconcile with you, I got up at 5am to write this message, after God not allowing me to get more than two verses read in the Scriptures. Suffice it to say, the Lord does this often as of late. I need to learn humility...

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
  #34  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 AM
kevinvw kevinvw is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
Default

I don't like the gap because I think it does contradict the clear verses that are given in the Bible about the creation. Moses clearly says that heaven, earth, and sea and all that is in them (Satan, angels, humans, cherubim, seraphim, animals, souls, spirits, devils, plants, and everything else that dwells in creation) were created in six days. People are trying to wrest the muddy unclear verses that need to be viewed in the light of the clear understandable verses to teach something that is mostly blown up by the flesh. I mean there's only like 3 passages that supposedly teach the gap, and somehow people get these big huge long essays about how Satan was created before time, and so was the earth, and Satan had dominion of earth before Adam and lost it and brought tons of angels down with him, then the earth was flooded, creating a bunch of fossils from animals that we would otherwise know never existed back then unless we believe modern pagan superstitious science, and then got it back from Adam. How did 600 million years pass by in eternity? THEY COULDN'T HAVE WITHOUT TIME! Just about everyone that supports the gap in this thread has a million different ideas on what could have happened, and all of their accounts hardly agree on more than one point. You know why? It isn't clearly written in the scriptures, that's why. It isn't obvious that there was a gap (especially not anything that happened during it) unless you start twisting verses in your head and ignore the clearly given scripture that you should be looking for instead of these mysterious verses to make false doctrine out of like ALL HERETICS DO.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
  #35  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:18 AM
geologist's Avatar
geologist geologist is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Brother, I'm sorry for my lack of humility and love in the way I spoke to you in my response. I read so many articles about the apostate nature of the Church in America these days that I often take out my frustration on those that I have no cause to be so frustrated with. Please forgive me. If it's any indication of my genuine need to reconcile with you, I got up at 5am to write this message, after God not allowing me to get more than two verses read in the Scriptures. Suffice it to say, the Lord does this often as of late. I need to learn humility...

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Not a problem. I too suffer from the same affliction, at times. I think we all do.
God bless.
Gaines
  #36  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:39 AM
geologist's Avatar
geologist geologist is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
I don't like the gap because I think it does contradict the clear verses that are given in the Bible about the creation. Moses clearly says that heaven, earth, and sea and all that is in them (Satan, angels, humans, cherubim, seraphim, animals, souls, spirits, devils, plants, and everything else that dwells in creation) were created in six days.
With all respect, neither Moses nor the book of Genesis details the creation or beginnings of Satan, Angels, Cheribum, Seraphim or devils. Give me chapter and verse or amend your statement. Your statement is an assumption, not a Scriptural fact.
  #37  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Diligent's Avatar
Diligent Diligent is offline
Forum Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma, USA.
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Your heresy puts death and sin before Adam. You need to repent of this my friend. There was NO sin or death before Adam. Also, you need to put down the darwinian monkey men text books and get into the Bible. There are no "millions and millions" in God's Book.
Ease up! This is not an issue to break fellowship over!
  #38  
Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Tandi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
....Noah's flood (which was real) did not leave a single fossil......

Can you elaborate? I wondered how you would differentiate between fossils if there were two floods. Why do you say Noah's flood would not have left a single fossil?


Tandi
  #39  
Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
kevinvw kevinvw is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
With all respect, neither Moses nor the book of Genesis details the creation or beginnings of Satan, Angels, Cheribum, Seraphim or devils. Give me chapter and verse or amend your statement. Your statement is an assumption, not a Scriptural fact.
Not in excruciating detail, but according to Gen 2:1 and Exo 20:11 they were all created during the six day period. Job 38:4-7 says these angelic beings were here at the creation of the earth, so logic would tell us that they were created on the first day just before God created the earth.
  #40  
Old 03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
MC1171611's Avatar
MC1171611 MC1171611 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Western Ohio
Posts: 436
Default

There was no death before Adam: Kent Hovind goes into excruciating detail of how Noah's flood did indeed produce the fossil record we see today, as well as the so-called "Geologic Ages" that exist nowhere outside of humanistic textbooks.

kevinw: I showed that the angels ("sons of God") were created before the earth, since they "shouted for joy" when God laid the foundations of it. You reference this verse:

Ex. 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

But notice that the "heaven" is singular. It's imperative to notice not only tenses but quantitative adjectives in the Bible as well. The heaven that Moses is referring to is (since the rest of the verse is dealing with the earth) our atmosphere, so he's talking about all the flying creatures and the rest of the critters that inhabit or inhabited our earth, from Archeopteryx to the Bracheosaurus to the flying squirrel, whale and human beings.

Again, if the Gap were reconciled with the Bible, which I (after several years of study) firmly believe it to be, then why would anyone who claims to believe the Bible reject it?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website © AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study

 
Contact Us AV1611.Com