Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 AM

Default Does God have a special place in Hell

for those of you who believe that God has a special place in hell for one kind of sinner over another. I would have to say this.

The only sin that sends men to hell is the rejection of The Work of Christ for their salvation. for all sins were forgiven through his work of the cross.

All who reject him go to hell. no one is better or worse than any other.

Some believe Satan will be there torturing some people. Elizabeth Baxter in her Book Divine Revelation of Hell describes demons torturing men forever. But that is not Biblical. For Hell was created for Satan and his angles. they will be in as much torment as anyone else found in Hell.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
All who reject him go to hell. no one is better or worse than any other.
That is not correct.
Mark 12:40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.
The Law teaches us that some sins are worse than others. I also disagree with your statement that "only one sin" sends men to hell. Rejecting Christ is rejecting the only way out of our just punishment. We deserve hell because of all of our sin.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 AM

Receiving or rejecting God's salvation divides those in heaven or hell. Once in either place there are varying degrees of reward or judgment. Yes, I believe that a murderer of 60,000 innocents has a special place reserved.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:28 PM

the Idea of there being many compartments or special places in hell is Mythological. you can find it in many mythologies except African. and Dante's Inferno or Divine Comedy has Nine such places.

I would agree to damnation being different. and that is different than condemnation to hell. but different damnations does not mean they have a special place in hell. it would or could mean that their torment could be different but not that they are put into a special place.

What sin or sins today condemns a man to hell?

if there are different places in hell for different sinners. Jesus only spoke of two but it was in reference to the waiting place for judgement of the dead.

Q. Why is the Bible so silent or vague on these places in hell?
A. It was created from Everlasting (eternity past) before the 24/7 TQ. Originally it was created for Satan and his angles. if it had been created during the 6 days of creation we would have more explanation and in site on Hell.

Last edited by chette777; 06-04-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
That is not correct.
Mark 12:40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.
The Law teaches us that some sins are worse than others. I also disagree with your statement that "only one sin" sends men to hell. Rejecting Christ is rejecting the only way out of our just punishment. We deserve hell because of all of our sin.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Ac 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Dante' may not have known what he was talking about, but the Scriptures most certainly teach at two more levels of damnation, as you point out Brandon.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 PM

38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

38:8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

38:9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

38:10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

38:11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

38:12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

38:13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

38:14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:29 AM

people are sentenced to prison everyday. some are sent for lesser crimes others for greater crimes. their sentences vary (their damnation's vary) but they are all incarcerated in the same prison (Hell). damnation is like the sentence a criminal receives for his crime but condemnation is the place all criminals go who are convicted of crimes.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
people are sentenced to prison everyday. some are sent for lesser crimes others for greater crimes. their sentences vary (their damnation's vary) but they are all incarcerated in the same prison (Hell). damnation is like the sentence a criminal receives for his crime but condemnation is the place all criminals go who are convicted of crimes.
Your analogy doesn't work since prisons are different. The prison on Kauai had out buildings where some prisoners lived and could garden and have visitors as well as an indoor prison with cells and stricter rules. Harder sentences were sent to other prisons with higher security. There is solitary confinement within prisons as well as death row etc.

In addition a stay at that prison in Arizona where they work the chain gang is different than say the same thing in California. So prison to prison there are differences and even within the same prison the stay and what you are allowed to do varies from person to person.

To say nothing of how you are treated inside by those also incarcerated depending on the crime.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:24 PM

Well in our day that is so true every prison is different. here in Palawan they have a prison farm. it is mostly for those soon to be released. but it is the same as what you described in Kauai.

I think you got my point though.

If Tiller or Hitler goes to hell they will be tormented day and night their thoughts of what they did will be used to torment their minds forever. Just as the Pharisee's will be tormented for eternity that they devoured the widows houses and mistreated the fatherless will be their mental torment. they will be there forever saying to themselves I wish I had never done that, I wish I could have did it differently.

But the real clincher will be, I wish I would have believed on Christ. for those before the cross it will be I wish I had believed the word of God and id as he commanded, before the flood hell victims will say, I wish I would have had a relationship with God as Enoch and Noah had.

Last edited by chette777; 06-06-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:34 AM

I agree with you on the one singular sin (the sin of unbelief) that damns a soul to hell. But it seems that there may actually be degrees to that damnation.

Prov. 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths [plural] of hell.

Deut. 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell,...

True, it originally was created for the devil and his angels, but...

Isaiah 5
8 Woe unto them that join house to house,...
11 Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning,...

12 ...but they regard not the work of the LORD,...
14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
15 And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:
16 But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment,...