Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:04 PM

On the term "absolute standard", there is none. The standard of today, is whatever is revenant to the current situation.
My famous quote is, "The more educated people become, the lower their intelligence level gets".
Old 07-26-2009, 05:03 PM

Brother PaulB,

Modern scholarship and the falsely-educated, weakened and worldly Christians will always be with us. Satan has been proliferic in creating his counterfeit bibles. He has created so many of them that confusion reigns supreme. There is a always an up-and-coming new edition - as people will always add to and take away from the Word of God --- no matter how much the Bible admonishes them to NOT do so.

Revelation 22:19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The KJV Bible will never go into OBLIVION.

As always, the true Christians will uphold it, cling to it, preach it, uplift it, and preserve it. Even if the true Church (the Body of Christ) must go underground to do so, the true Word of God will always STAND. It will NEVER be done away with... no matter how much they try to do so.

Just remember that the apostles and the early Christians were martyred for their faith. Christians are STILL being beaten, imprisoned and martyred for their faith (somewhere in the world). We're just blessed to be in any "land of freedom" that we won't be punished for what we believe. For now..............

Yet, no matter what happens, God will preserve His Word. I believe in and trust in His promises.

This is Old Testament but I still love it and we are His servants!

2 Samuel 7:28 - And now, O Lord GOD, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:
29 - Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord GOD, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.

Wonderful promise about HIS Words and what HE has SPOKEN, isn't it?

Jassy
Old 07-26-2009, 08:39 PM

Default Re: "The next step"

Sister Jassy said:
Quote:
"Just remember that the apostles and the early Christians were martyred for their faith. Christians are STILL being beaten, imprisoned and martyred for their faith (somewhere in the world). We're just blessed to be in any "land of freedom" that we won't be punished for what we believe. For now..............

Yet, no matter what happens, God will preserve His Word. I believe in and trust in His promises.
Aloha sister,

Just this past week I read of a North Korean Christian woman who was EXECUTED for passing out Bibles!

Christians in the Muslim world; in North Korea; and in China are severely persecuted for their faith. Physical abuse, imprisonment, and death are often the punishments administered to Christians living in those countries.

There are also parts of India that are very intolerant of Christians, and where Christians are often beaten and even killed for their faith.

We do not have any idea what real persecution is - we're SPOILED! I thank God for the freedom that we have, and lately I wonder how much longer we may be able to enjoy it.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:15 AM

Default Persecution

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Sister Jassy said:

Aloha sister,

Just this past week I read of a North Korean Christian woman who was EXECUTED for passing out Bibles!

Christians in the Muslim world; in North Korea; and in China are severely persecuted for their faith. Physical abuse, imprisonment, and death are often the punishments administered to Christians living in those countries.

There are also parts of India that are very intolerant of Christians, and where Christians are often beaten and even killed for their faith.

We do not have any idea what real persecution is - we're SPOILED! I thank God for the freedom that we have, and lately I wonder how much longer we may be able to enjoy it.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Yes, brother George, we are very spoiled, indeed! I regularly go to www.persecution.com to read about what is happening to other Christians in the world; how they stand up for their faith, no matter what the persecution entails. Very, very humbling.

These are the kinds of pastors and evangelists that I support. I know several online who walk for many miles into rugged mountainous terrain to reach isolated tribal people, to bring them the Word of God. It puts their very life in danger - yet they go forth joyously to serve the Lord! They ask me only for prayers. They believe that the Lord will provide, as He always has.

I feel that our own churches and pastors could learn much from them.

Jassy