Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Connie

I have learned a lot from this forum, George, but when I join a forum it's usually because I think I have something to contribute. And yes, I tend to have a lot to say. If I am completely convinced of my understanding of a Bible passage, one that I spent as much time studying as I did the head-covering passage, I'm certainly not going to give it up because half a dozen people come on and give their pat answer that I'm wrong without even considering how I arrived at my conclusion.

I presented that particular argument here because I care about it and think it's important, and was quite willing to give it up when it became a point of contention. It was others who reopened the subject and I have answered them. PERHAPS I should just have let their answers stand although I think they are completely wrong? That's a possibility of course. That might be the wise thing to do, especially here where so many are against me, but as I've been thinking about this business of a woman's place that you've brought up I've also come to be more convinced that contributing to a forum is not usurping anybody's authority, is not putting oneself in the position of a teacher, no matter how strongly I am convinced of my own viewpoint, since anyone can ignore me and disagree with me -- and obviously do. You might consider whether the other female voices here are also "instructing" by their posts.