Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:55 AM

Default Silent Years

I have a vocal cord polyp and I have not been able to preach in my pulpit for one month now. Please pray for me! Thank you.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-02-2008, 08:00 AM
jerry

Praying that the Lord would teach you what He wants you to learn during this season of trial, and then when it fulfills its purpose, would heal you.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Graceismine

I too pray for healing and restoration of your voice. The Philippines needs to hear the gospel.

For now wait on the Lord while He renews your strength.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Love in Christ, Grace
Old 02-03-2008, 11:04 AM

I really appreciate for your response to the prayer request made. I used to preach and sing at the same time in open air meetings, and sometimes without a microphone in some remote areas in the Philippines. I am only 27 years old, oh, "how shall they hear?" Thank you very much for your prayers!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
frank

My prayers are with you. May God's will be done.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:37 PM
LIVNBYFAITH

I pray the Lord will heal, and God's will be done.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:47 PM
mgc1952

Default i will pray

Greetings brother,

Being laid up and knocked out of ministry myself I understand some of what you are going through. We pray for your healing, but I do find that asking Him what He wants you to learn during this time and being cooperative to learn it is very important.

May God restore your voice by totally restoring good vocal health in the mighty Name of Jesus!!

bless ya

Mark
Old 03-05-2008, 07:47 PM

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Thanks for your prayers!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:17 AM

To all who prayed and are praying for me, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I still have hoarseness and discomfort in my voice, but I am back preaching since the third week of March, although I have to depend so much on the P.A. system. I may not be able to preach and sing out loud in on-the-spot, open-air preaching opportunities, but I can whisper to the microphone and preach to people outside. I gained more audience, due to being "soft spoken" now, rather than being "bombastic", as was before. My voice is beginning to regain a little volume. I still have to take long voice rest periods, but I need to be back to my pulpit as soon as possible. This week, we have revival nights for our church staff and volunteers at our church from Monday to Friday. I'm glad that God can use this infirmity to challenge my fellow laborers as well.

God knows who you are, and I want to let you know that God heard you. Once again, thank you for your prayers! 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Last edited by Biblestudent; 04-01-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:46 AM

Vacation Bible School is one of the most effective tool we use in "saturating" a barangay (village) with the gospel. Just this past week, we were able to cover a whole two barangays. I would like to thank you guys for praying for my voice. I am preaching more than often now (depending too much on the mic) but have to stop when the hoarseness comes in again. It just amazed me that most of the time, according to my fellow laborers, I sounded "normal" when I preach. Praise God!

As a result, our Sunday School attendance tripled, but using our jeepney ("bus ministry") for the first time. Next Sunday, I have to drive people and children to church, play the piano, preach, and then drive them back home. I will always need your prayer, but thank you all.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Last edited by Biblestudent; 04-14-2008 at 06:50 AM.